Trivia Night

[set in time where she's a Hastings!]

Spencer's POV:

Toby and I both decided we should go on a date. What's a better one than heading off to a bar for trivia night? Nothing!

Tonight we're competing against random people at a bar, but we'll get more competitive with one another, even though we're on the same team. Toby knows I can't turn down a good old competition, especially if there's the chance I can win. Which means ultimate bragging rights.

"I'm going to kick your ass tonight, Cavanaugh." I smirk pulling on some jeans to go with my cardigan. "Get ready to have your ass kicked." I say.

"You seem a little confident, Hastings." He smirks pulling on a long sleeve shirt. "I know for a fact I'll answer more questions. On the same team or not, you're going down." I grin walking out of the room to grab my jacket, and he follows grabbing his.

"Well we'll just have to see, now won't we?" He smirks raising an eyebrow kissing me. "Let's make it interesting." I say as we put our shoes on.

"If I win, which means I answer more questions right than you, you have to make me breakfast in bed and do whatever I want for a week." I smile.

"But if I win," he says and I scoff, "you and I hook up in the bathroom of the bar." He smirks and I look at him, a grin tugging at the end of my lips.

"What? Is it too risky for Spencer Hastings?" He teases. "You're on." I say shaking his hand and he looks a little shocked. "Let's go have some fun." I smirk.

We drive to the bar and when we arrive, take a seat up front. We're against this one other couple.

We order some drinks and the person who's in charge of the game appears.

"Hey fellow contestants, today you'll be playing our bar trivia! If you answer 10 questions correct before the other team, you get your drinks free!" He exclaims and I smile looking at Toby.

"Okay, so we have two teams up front, do both teams know how to play?" He asks and we all nod. "Okay, here we go," he says and I prepare to hit the buzzer.

"Who was the first president of the United States?" He asks and I hit my buzzer immediately before anyone else could. "Yes, miss?" He asks. "George Washington." I state with a smile and he looks at his card. "Correct!" He exclaims and people in the bar begin to clap.

"See, you're going down!" I exclaim.

As the night and game progresses, I end up answering 4 correctly, and Toby has answered 5. If I don't get this next question right he wins, but if I do and we tie, we didn't discuss what would happen.

We have 9 points, the other team has 7. I'd say we have this in the bag.

"This might be game point." The announcer says and I grin looking at Toby, putting my hand over the buzzer, preparing to answer.

"How many stars are on the US flag?" He asks and I buzz in, grinning widely at Toby. "51 stars." I say proudly.

"Sorry, you're incorrect." He says and my jaw drops, while Toby is smirking at me. The other team are asked if they have an answer, but they don't, so Toby buzzes in.

"I believe it's 50 stars." He says and the announcer looks at his card. "Correct!" He exclaims and everyone cheers.

"Congratulations," he says pointing the mic in front of us. "Spencer and Toby." I say into the mic. "Before you leave tell the bartender how many drinks you've had, because it's on the house!" He says and everyone claps again.

He exits off the small stage and I turn to Toby who's wearing a grin. "So much for winning." He smirks. "I really thought it was 51." I shrug.

"It was a good game, 6 to 4." He says and I nod reaching my hand out to shake his. "Good game, Toby." I smile and he shakes it, then pulling me in closer for a kiss. "Yeah, good game." He smiles.

"Seeing as I won..." He smirks. "Yeah, come on." I grin taking his hand and walking off into the small bar bathroom.

I close it behind us and lock it, hopping up on to the sink, and wrapping my legs around his waist while my arms rest around his shoulders.

"We need to have more fun dates like this." I smile running my hands through his hair. "I agree." He says kissing me back.

^ you know what happens there ^

"Maybe we should head home before they get suspicious to why we've been in here so long." I giggle hopping off the sink to get dressed.

"We can always have more fun at home, anyways." I smirk and then he does too as he buckles his jeans. "Let's go." He says reaching his hand out to me and I take it. We walk back to his truck, our hands swinging together in unison.

"Thanks for tonight, it was actually really fun." I say getting in his truck. "Yeah, we need to do this more often." He agrees.

"It definitely wasn't like our normal dates, but it was just as fun. Maybe even more fun." I say as he begins to drive to his place.

"By the way, I totally let you win back there so you wouldn't seem less smart than your girlfriend." I tell him.

"Yeah, sure, that's what happened." He smiles shaking his head.

"Hey, it was!" I exclaim. "Whatever, you just can't admit defeat." He says and I go to protest but say nothing.

"It's in the Hastings blood not to admit defeat. And you know, I was going to protest, but you're absolutely right." I tell him.

"Yeah, wasn't the first time I was right tonight, either." He smirks and I playfully hit his chest as he laughs.

"Maybe I deserved that." He says with a smile and I nod. "You really did." I say. "Oh well, wanna know how I know I'm a winner?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows. "How?" I ask.

"Because I have you." He smiles and I blush, kissing his cheek.

••••

Another update !!

Happy Friday :)

This sucks lol but I thought the prompt was cute !?

Comment thoughts ????