His Affair

*set before Yvonne died. This is obviously an AU and I got this idea way before 7x13/7x14 (?) whenever she died

Spencer's POV:

"Toby, maybe we shouldn't do this. You're dating Yvonne. She's happy. You're happy." I tell him, as he slowly strokes my cheek.

"I know, but I'm happier with you.." he tells me, and I bite my lip, resisting the urge to lean in closer and kiss him.

"Please. I need this. I want this, Spence." He says, and my heart flutters when my nickname rolls perfectly off his lips.

"This feels wrong." I say, shaking my head, looking down at the floor. "You and I both want this, though." He says, and I try to deny it, but it's true. I really want this with him, but he has Yvonne.

"Let's make it a one time thing. Just a fling or something." I suggest, looking into his eyes, and he slowly nods. "Anything so I can kiss you again, Spence. I miss you. I need you." He whispers, leaning in closer.

"No one needs to find out about this, and about our secret affair, okay? No one will know.." he whispers, and before anything else can be said, our lips meet and we kiss.

It quickly escalates, and we find ourselves in my bedroom, our clothes quickly thrown onto the floor.

Before anything else is said or done, we got ourselves into something that was far from over, and way too late to come back from...

^^after

"Do you still want this to be a one time thing?" Toby asks, smirking. "Oh, stop." I say, blushing. "It's just that Yvonne is so happy with you, and I know you feel the same way about her, Tobes. I can see the way you two look at each other." I tell him, sighing.

Toby wraps an arm around me, and I place my head on his chest. "I wish it wasn't so complicated." I tell him.

"I love you, Spence. I really do, but-" he says. "But you love her too." I interrupt him, sighing. He slowly nods, bringing both of his hands to his face.

"I'm really sorry. I wish I could just break up with her, but you're right. I'm happy. She's happy. But I'm way happier with you. And I know for a fact that you know that." He says.

"I would ask why you're having this secret affair, but that basically answered my question." I giggle, and he chuckles.

"Do you regret this?" I ask him, sitting up, and he sits up too. "No, not at all." He says, and I look at him confused.

"Well, yes. I do. I regret cheating, but Yvonne deserves better. This is proof. Man, she's gonna hate me." He sighs, and I place a hand on his forearm.

"How could anyone hate you?" I ask, a smile on my face, and he smiles too.

"Sure she'll be angry, I mean this was a horrible thing to do, Toby. Cheating was not your best choice." I tell him.

"But?" He asks.

"But, she deserves someone who looks at her the way you look at me. She deserves someone who treats her the way you treat me. And she deserves someone who makes her feel the way you make me feel." I grin, and he holds onto my hand.

"Well, I guess I should tell her." He sighs, and I put my hand in his hair. "Yeah." I mumble, regret filling my body.

"I kind of regret this now." I tell him, and he looks down at the blankets. "I shouldn't of done this. I knew I'd choose you, but I just did the worst thing possible." He tells me, running his fingers through his messy hair.

"It's already bad enough, why don't you just spend the night? She already thinks you're at Caleb's." I suggest and he nods.

"Let's get some sleep. Tomorrow is something I'm not looking forward to." He says, laying down and I lay down too.