Accident

Spencer's POV:

It's been 4 weeks since the accident.

4 weeks since my life changed forever.

I don't blame him, though. I don't blame the driver, either.

It was reflexes.

Flashback

Toby and I were wandering around the roads, when he spots something near the middle.

"Spence, lets go see!" He insists, tugging on my hand. I couldn't help but giggle at the sight of my boyfriend getting excited over little things.

I stand on the road, a few feet away from him.

All of the sudden, a car swerved around the corner.

I don't remember much.

I remember screaming his name.

I don't think. I don't think "what will happen to me?", "will I die?", "will I get injured?" Or anything else of the sort.

It was reflexes, you know?

Without thinking, I push Toby out of the way, he stumbles off onto the sidewalk and the car runs into me.

Then I was out.

End of flashback

I don't blame anyone, to be quite honest. But it doesn't matter. It's in the past.

Toby has apologized continuously, and I told him to stop. That it wasn't his fault.

He has visited me everyday for the past 4 weeks, my parents and sister included.

They've waited on me since the accident, and to be quite honest, I hate it. I hate being waited on. I can't stand it.

Thankfully, today I get to go home, but I have two full leg casts on, meaning I can't walk myself, and my left arm is broken.

"Peter, Veronica, Melissa get back to Washington. They need you there. I'll take care of her." Toby insists, not letting my family into the room.

I smile for the first time in 4 weeks.

I love how protective he is.

"I don't trust you with her anymore. You nearly got her killed!" My father snaps, and the guilt rises in Toby's face.

"But I didn't die." I speak up, and dad pokes his head past Toby. He quickly shoves past him, and takes my hand.

"Spencer, this boy almost got you killed." He tells me and I shake my head.

"No he didn't. Dad, I told you it was no one's fault. My reflexes kicked in. I pushed him out of the way myself. It was my reflexes that decided that." I tell him, and he glares at Toby.

"I still don't think we should return to work yet." He tells me. "No, go. Please. Don't stay here, it makes me feel so much worse. Toby will take care of me, and maybe I can get the girls over too." I smile to Toby, and his face lights up seeing me smile again.

"Very well. See you soon. Call if you need me." He says, kissing my cheek, along with Melissa and my mom.

Before I knew it, they had left.

It was Toby and I sitting in the room, waiting for the doctor to release me.

"I'm sorry." Toby says, and I sigh. "Stop. I don't want to hear that, Toby. Don't feel guilty." I tell him, reaching over and holding his hand. He gives me a weak smile, and I give one in return.

"I'm happy you're smiling." He tells me, and I blush. "Yeah, me too." I reply grinning.

An hour passes by before the doctor comes in with a wheelchair, and gets us to sign release papers.

Once we sign the papers, Toby and the doctor help me into the wheelchair, and Toby pushes me out the door and on my way to freedom.

Well, not really. I still can't do anything.

An hour or so later, we finally get back to my house.

Toby wheels me in, and helps me on the couch.

"I'll bring your bed down for you to sleep on until you get crutches." Toby insists and I shake my head.

"No, you sleep up there. You're gonna be here a while. I'll stay on my couch." I tell him, but he protests.

"You're the injured one, you deserve a comfortable spot to sleep. It's no worries, Spence." He says, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Did you want to do anything? Do you want a book? To watch tv show or a movie? Something to eat or drink?" He asks. "I'm here to do anything you need." He says, taking my hand.

"Actually, I haven't been able to shower in weeks. Maybe can you help me get a bath if it isn't too much trouble?" I ask shyly, and he nods.

"Of course I'll help. You can only wear a shirt for the most part anyway, so it isn't hard to dress and undress you. I'll get the water ready in the bathtub down here. Be right back." He smiles, kissing my cheek.

I love that man. So damn much.

About 10 minutes later he returns, this time with the wheelchair. He helps me in it, and then wheels me to the bathroom.

"You know, if this is too much trouble I'll ask the girls to help." I tell him as he parks the wheelchair close to the bathtub.

"No, it's good. I want to do anything I can on your road to recovery." He tells me with a smile.

He helps remove my underwear, and then places plastic bags over my leg casts so they don't get wet.

He then removes my shirt and bra, placing a plastic bag over my arm cast as well.

I blush, sitting there bare in front of him, but he doesn't stop for a minute to glance at my body like he did before.

This time all that was set in his mind was to help me heal.

He helps me out of the wheel chair, and lowers me into the hot water. I sigh, closing my eyes and taking in the warmth.

"I'll wash your hair and body, you just relax." He says and I nod, keeping my eyes closed.

I feel his warm hand touch my shoulder softly, and then he begins to wash my body as I lay there and relax.

~~
~~

Once my bath is over, Toby helps me out, and wraps a towel around me. He helps me stand, and dries me off.

"I can do something. I hate being waited on." I say, and he looks at me. "Not a chance in hell." He smirks, helping me put my underwear back on.

He then sits me on the wheelchair, taking off the bags from my casts.

He then helps me with my bra, and I put on one of his shirts to stay warm.

"Thank you, Toby. I'm sorry I'm cranky and irritated but you know how much I hate being waited on. But on the plus side, you're the one helping me." I smile, leaning up to kiss him.

"It's my pleasure, Spence. I'm going to be right by your side for the whole thing. No matter what." He tells me, wheeling me to the couch.

"Toby.." I blurt out.

"I kept telling everyone it was just reflexes, but it wasn't. Well, I don't know. I don't remember thinking to jump in front of the car, but I knew who I was jumping in front of a car for." I tell him, looking into his eyes.

"I love you, Toby." I tell him and he smiles softly.

"I love you too, Spencer." He replies.

••

I got this idea from a book I'm reading for English class (Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe. the. cutest. f-ing. book. ever.)

Comment thoughts??