Dream House

Prompt: Spencer and Toby spend their first night in their new house with their kids!

Spencer's POV:

"Well this is it, welcome home guys." I say unlocking the door to our new beautiful home. Jack, who's 7 and Leah who's 4 run inside and look around. "This is my room, right?" Leah yells from the top of the stairs, pointing at the door with the pink, sparkly 'L' on it.

"Yes sweetheart, it is." I laugh walking up the stairs to see how they're liking the way their rooms are rearranged compared to our old house, which had been my barn. We decided it would be best to move out and start our life in our dream house. So we bought land, and Toby built this perfect house for me. Well, now for us.

While renovating and starting to move our things from the barn to here, we had to live in Toby's small loft for a few months, which got kind of cramped. The two of us shared his bed, while the kids slept on a mattress put in front of the television in the living room. Not the ideal spot, but it was the easiest and cheapest until we got this house ready.

The past few months we've also made weekly visits to show the kids around and get them used to where everything will be: their rooms, kitchen, living room, basement, etc. Our new house has 3 floors, whereas the barn only had one usable floor. We have our basement that includes a bathroom, living room, a spare bedroom, and the door to our garage.

The main floor includes a bathroom, computer room, living room, kitchen, dining room and a separate small family room. Then the upstairs includes mine and Toby's room (which has its own private bathroom), a spare room, a bathroom, Leah's room then Jack's room.

It's just so perfect, and I'm happy I get to live in it with my family. "How about we watch a movie and head to bed? Then tomorrow we can do lots in our new house." I exclaim and the kids jump up and down excitedly. "Alright go downstairs, I'll grab some blankets from the closet." I tell them as Toby escorts them downstairs.

I grab a few blankets, and meet them in the living room. The three of them are sat close together, and have already clicked play for the movie to start. Leah decided the movie today, and she chose Finding Dory. It's a really cute movie, Jack doesn't think so, but he still likes it.

After the credits roll, I look down, about to open my mouth, but the two of them are asleep. I look at Toby and smile. "I'll take Leah, you take Jack?" I ask and he nods. We carefully pick them up and carry them to their bedrooms. We tuck them in, and decide to head off to bed too.

"It's 9:30, and the kids are asleep. This hasn't happened in forever." I say kissing him and shutting our bedroom door. "I know, it almost seems too good to be true." He grins pulling me in closer by my waist. "So.." He whispers as I kiss down his neck. "Is this how you want to spend the first night here?" He grins and I nod.

I lace my fingers with his, pulling him over to our bed. "Shh, they're sleeping. And it has to stay that way." I whisper pulling him down on top of me.

^the next morning^

"Good morning." Toby whispers in my ear as I slowly open my eyes. "Morning." I yawn stretching a little, putting my head back down on Toby's chest. "What time is it?" I ask as he traces circles on my bare back. "8:00 am." He tells me.

"The babysitter came and got them an hour ago, she's bringing them to daycare and school." He tells me and I nod rubbing my eyes. "I'm so excited to live in here with you, and finally start our lives in a new house." I smile. "Me too." He says kissing my head. "Me too." He whispers.

THIS SUCKS!!!!

Comment thoughts?