Hiking

Prompt: Toby plans to take Spencer on a hiking date, and there is a surprise picnic at the top of the hill for Spencer.

Spencer's POV:

Toby thought that hiking together would be romantic, I don't know if I agree with this "brilliant idea" of his.

"Toby do we have to go hiking?" I whine as we continue to walk up the trail, leading to the top of the hill. "It's a great escape." He tells me as I tie my jacket around my waist. "Are you warm already?" He asks laughing. "It's like a million degrees, thankfully I wore shorts." I say fixing the knotted jacked sleeves around my waist. "Quit whining, it'll get better when you see the view." He teases.

I groan and take his hand as he continue to walk. "How much longer? Do we have to walk all the way back down? Will it cool off? Why did we leave at sunset? It's almost dark!" I ramble. He rolls his eyes and continues to drag me up the hill. "Can you carry me?" I ask stopping him. He rolls his eyes playfully and I jump on his back, smiling. "You're right, nature is beautiful." I say and he laughs.

I hold on tighter as he continues to walk. "Do anyone know about this place?" I ask looking up at the sky, the sun soon preparing to set. "I'm not sure, it's kind of abandoned. But I want to get there in the next 20 minutes, that's when the sun sets." He says excitedly picking up the pace. "So we have to walk back down in the dark?" I ask widening my eyes.

"You know I don't like the dark." I tell him. "I'll be with you the entire time babe, I just want you to experience this." He tells me. After 15 more minutes of him walking and carrying me, we finally reach the top. I hop off and kiss his cheek. We walk to the edge and he pulls me in closely by my waist. "Isn't the view beautiful?" He asks. "Very." I respond looking over Rosewood.

"The sky is beautiful, the town is beautiful, and my girl is beautiful." He tells me kissing my head and I blush. "So now that we've seen the sunset, do we get to walk home and eat? I want to go while there is still some light." I say pulling his arm. "Not just yet.. Follow me." He smiles taking my hand and dragging me to the left a little.

"What?" I ask smiling because he was. "I prepared something. I set it up the other day after work." He says leading me to a blanket set near the edge of the hill so we can overlook Rosewood, lie down and look at the stars, and eat a picnic. "A picnic?" I smile. He nods and hands me the basket. It mostly consisted of snacks and fruit. But also there were 2 wine bottles and a bottle of wine.

"Let's get started." I cheer sitting down, pulling him with me. We eat, talk and drink a little for the next 2 hours, or so. Before we knew it, it was 9:30 PM. Toby is lid on the blanket, and I'm lid next to him with my head on his shoulder, cuddled into him a little, because it did cool off.

"Besides the fact you dragged me hiking, and that you're making me walk in the dark, tonight was perfect, and I love you." I smile kissing him. "I told you to give it a chance. I love you too." He giggles kissing me. "Now what?" I ask smirking in his direction. "Want to, head home?" He smirks pulling me on top of him. "I think that's a great idea, maybe we should pack up." I tell him standing up and adjusting my clothes. We pack everything up and he offers to carry it down.

"Need a ride again?" He chuckles as I nod and jump up on his back. "Thanks for today." I smile holding onto him tighter as we walk down the hill. "You know I'd do anything for you." He tells me as we continue to walk. "How much further, I'm starting to get scared." I whisper gripping onto him tighter than before and wrapping my legs around him firmly. "You're safe, just relax babe." He whisper rubbing my leg. We finally make our way out the trail and to the truck.

He unlocks the doors and puts the picnic things in the back, as we climb inside. "I'm dying to get a shower, and get out of these shorts." I say itching my leg. "You could of asked me, and I would of helped you out of your shorts with no questions asked.." He smirks before I playfully nudge him while he drives. "What?" He chuckles as we pull up to his loft. "Finally!" I exclaim pulling off my tank top and shorts, and throwing myself on his couch.

"What are you doing?" He laughs. "Relaxing." I say speeding my body across his couch. "Can I join you?" He asks walking towards me. "There are a few ground rules you must follow." I tell him. "What would they be?" He asks coming closer. "No shirts or shorts." I say and in seconds his shirt and shorts were off. "Much better." I smirk pulling him down on top of me for a kiss.

This sucks but I thought hiking could be cute, but it isn't cause I suck at writing!

Comment thoughts ??