Blind Date

Spencer's POV:

"Han, I don't think this is such a great idea.." I tell her, as she parks the car. "Spence, you'll be fine! Caleb and I picked out the perfect guy for you!" She says.

"As perfect as the last guy David? Who ended up being a drug dealer?" I ask and she rolls her eyes. "To be fair, Caleb and I had no idea he did that. He was a family friend of mine." Hanna says, stepping out of the car and I follow.

"Where are we even going?" I ask, following her down the street. "A club, of course!" She exclaims and I groan.

"Just give it all a chance! You may really like him. He is super attractive." She grins. "What's his name?" I ask. "Toby Cavanaugh." She replies.

"What else can you tell me?" I ask her. "Nothing, that's all you get! You have to wait and see for yourself." She grins, walking into the club.

As soon as we enter the doors, extremely loud music filled my ears. I look at Hanna who's smiling, while I'm frowning.

"I'll show you to where you're meeting him!" She exclaims, dragging me by the arm. We walk to the back where there's a little bar, and I sit on a bar stool.

"Wait here, they should be here any minute!" She exclaims running off.

I order a water, and then I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I roll my eyes, about to yell at them, but when I turn around I can't help but smile.

"Hi, you must be Spencer Hastings." The man yells over the music, flashing a smile my way. "Yes, and you are?" I yell back. "Toby Cavanaugh. Our friends set us up?" He replied, still yelling. I nod, and then gesture for him to sit next to me.

"How are you?" He asks, but I couldn't quite hear him. "What?" I ask, and he leans close to me, so close his lips touch my ear.

"I asked, how are you?" He whispered, sending shivers down my spine. I smile to him, and lean in closer to him. "Pretty good, thanks to you. How are you?" I whisper.

<For the next hour or so, we sit closer than ever, whispering back and forth our conversations. We really hit it off, and learned so much about each other. I haven't laughed this much in forever>

"Do you maybe wanna go to a quieter place?" He asks, looking deep into my eyes. I nod, butterflies forming in my stomach. "I know the perfect place, follow me." He whispers, and immediately grabs my hand.

He leads me through the crowd of the loud club, and outside the doors. As soon as the cool air hits me, I shiver slightly.

"I can finally hear again." I sigh and he chuckles.

"Sorry for leaving, I just found it too loud in there, and it's not an ideal first date." He tells me and I smile. "Don't apologize, I was dying to get out of there too. I don't drink often, so the club isn't my ideal scenery either." I tell him.

As we continue to walk down the sidewalk, his hand reaches down and holds mine. I look up to him, and he grins, causing me to blush.

"So where are we going?" I ask him, moving a little closer to him. "This little bakery a few blocks away, it's amazing." He tells me and I smile, but shiver once again.

"Are you cold?" He asks, and I nod shyly. "Here, take my coat." He offers, unzipping his jacket and putting it over my shoulders. "Thank you." I smile, and he holds my hand to keep it warm.

We continue to walk down the street keeping the small talk going, when he stops. "This is it!" He exclaims, opening the door for me. I thank him and walk inside.

"I'll grab 2 coffees and you can take a seat." He smiles and I nod, walking towards the back to sit at a table for two.

A few minutes later, Toby returns with the drinks. "Thank you." I smile, taking a sip. "I know we barely know each other, but you're so damn gorgeous." He tells me, blush rising on my cheeks.

I have no idea how to actually reply, so I grin, looking down at the table.

"You know, I was really unsure about going on this blind date, because Hanna completely ruined it for me in the past with the horrible guys she always brings," I tell him.

"But?" He asks and I nod. "But this time I'm so happy I came, because I got to meet you." I say smiling, this time making him blush.

"This date wasn't a total bust, was it?" He asks and I shake my head. "No! Not at all." I say, holding his hands on the table.

"The club just isn't my scenery, so I figured I would of met some horrible, shady guy that only cares about sex and drinking." I tell him and he laughs.

"I do enjoy both of those things," he smirks and I playfully shove his shoulder from across the table. "But?" I smirk. "But I'd much rather start off this way. Preferably with you." He smiles.

"Me too." I agree, drinking some coffee. "Well, we should thank Hanna and Caleb for even setting us up, because if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here right now in this little bakery at 11:00 PM." I giggle, and he laughs as well.

-We continue drinking our coffee, until the bakery closed at midnight.-

The two of us leave the store, hand in hand, walking down the street back to find Hanna and Caleb.

"What's the chances we actually find them sober?" I ask him and he laughs. "Very low. I'll be surprised if they're still even there." He tells me and I agree.

"I guess we'll have to get a cab. Or we can walk." He suggests. "I wouldn't mind walking, would you?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Not at all." He smiles, and we begin to walk to my house first.

After a 15 minute walk, we arrive at my house.

"Well, we're here." He says, and I continue to hold his hands. "Yeah, we are." I say, grinning like an idiot. "I really don't want you to go, though." I tell him. "And I don't want to go." He replies.

"You have my number, so we can definitely go on a second date soon." I tell him and he nods. "I'm looking forward to it." He smiles, letting go of my hands slowly.

I give him a small wave and smile, and he begins to walk away.

"Wait!" I call out, and he turns around. "You forgot something." I tell him, beginning to walk towards him.

Before I knew it, he had his lips pressed against mine, and his hands on my waist.

"I was actually just talking about your coat, but I mean that was much better." I grin, kissing him once more.

After another short kiss, he removes his hands from my waist. I look at him, grinning widely, and he is too.

"Okay, I'll see you soon for another date, right?" I ask and he nods. "Most definitely." He smiles, walking down my driveway.

Wow, Hanna and Caleb are definitely match makers.

••

I THINK SOMEONE ELSE MADE A ONE SHOT LIKE THIS AND I GOT INSPIRED!

I hope you liked it :)

Comment thoughts??