Picnic

Spencer's POV:

School. Sucks.

Ever since Toby graduated 2 years ago, I've hated having to go to school.

Thankfully he stayed in Rosewood and got a job as a police officer, but his presence is deeply missed by me in school.

School feels like a million hours rather than 6, because I can't see him until it's over.

Some days I can't see him until afer 7 o'clock, which is even worse because that means I have to drive myself home to an empty house. Which is never fun.

I'm happy that he gets lunch off today, though. Because he's picking me up from school and 'surprising me' with a date.

I have no clue what he has planned, but whatever it is, will be amazing.

He's such a romantic. He won't admit it, but he is.

"Spence, want to eat with us?" Aria asks, as we walk out of English and to our lockers. "I'd love to, but I can't. Toby's picking me up for lunch." I say, not noticing how widely I'm smiling.

"Ooh." Aria says with a small smirk. "No, stop!" I say, playfully shoving her shoulder as I giggle. "We're going on a quick date. Nothing will happen." I tell her, and she rolls her eyes.

"You can't keep your hands off of each other. Something's bound to happen." She giggles, and this time I roll my eyes.

"Anyway," I speak up, opening my locker and putting my books in. "Toby has something special planned. But thank you for the offer." I say with a smile, and close my locker.

"Bye!" I smile, waving to her as I walk down the hallway.

I walk outside the front doors, and through the huge crowd of kids.

Near the gate I spot Toby standing there, still in his cop uniform, looking around for me.

When our eyes meet, he smiles immediately, and so do I.

I begin to run faster, and when I'm close enough I jump up into his arms and wrap my legs around his waist. I hold onto him tighter as he spins me around and I giggle.

Last night I slept over to his apartment, and he even drove me to school this morning, but I hate leaving him. I hate being apart from him. He's my better half.

"Hi." He whispers, setting me down. "Hi." I smile, holding his hand. "You couldn't change?" I giggle, and he blushes a little.

"Sorry, I didn't have time." He says with a light chuckle. "No, no, it's hot." I whisper with a smirk, and he smirks back.

"Hot?" He asks, raising his eyebrow just the slightest. "You heard me." I say, biting my lip lightly.

"I guess I'll be wearing this more often." He smiles, and I nod. "Please do." I grin.

He leans in, connecting our lips and placing his hands on my cheeks. "Ready to go?" He asks, and I nod with a smile.

We walk to his truck hand in hand, and I look up to see he's smiling. "What do you have planned for us?" I ask. "You'll see, Spence." He replies.

"Toby the romantic is starting to show." I grin, nudging him slightly and he blushes. "Too bad he doesn't exist." He tells me, making me giggle.

"Shut up, you know you're a romantic." I tease him, and he kisses my cheek. "Whatever. You love it." He smirks. "Actually, I love you." I smile, and he laughs.

"Smooth, Hastings." He smirks. "What do I say? The romantic-ness rubs off on me." I smile, and before he says anything else I get into his truck.

We drive away from school, and end up in a small, beautiful park about 20 minutes outside of town. "Toby, if we don't hurry up we'll both be late." I tell him as he gets out of his truck.

"Spence," he chuckles. "I must of forgot to tell you: you're taking 5th off. And I'm done work for the day." He smiles, and I smile too. "Really?" I ask him, not able to hold back my smile.

"Yes. And we're having a picnic." He says, taking my hand as we walk through the park. "I have it set up in a secluded place." He smiles, and I can't help but to look at him and grin.

I love this man.

We reach a secluded area where there's a picnic basket placed on a large blanket. "It's nothing fancy, but.." he says, shrugging.

"No, I love it." I smile. "Thank you, Tobes." I grin, leaning in and kissing him. I deepen the kiss, placing my hands in his hair but I pull back.

"Maybe later, officer." I smirk, kissing his cheek. I take his hands, and we sit down on the blanket he has put down on the grass.

"Now, ready to eat?" He asks.

~~after the picnic!!~~

"Thank you for taking me out of school for this. It was absolutely amazing." I smile, leaning in and kissing him. "It's my pleasure. Honest." He says, kissing my hand which makes me blush.

I look into his beautiful blue eyes which make me melt inside, and I see nothing but love and compassion in them.

"Is it later yet?" He says with a grin, and I bite my lip as I think for a moment. "Yes, yes it is." I respond, and he kisses me.

The kiss starts slow, but escalates very quickly. "Officer, I think we should head back to your place. I think it's a violation to do this outside." I giggle, and he smirks against my lips.

"Shh." He whispers, putting his hand on my cheek gently. He strokes my cheek as we kiss, and soon enough our positions have switched.

I'm laying on the blanket, and he's hovering over me with his uniform half buttoned up and his belt unbuckled.

"How about we take this back to your place? It'll be a lot better." I smile, and he nods, sitting and bringing me with him.

"Come on." He smiles, taking my hand and walking back to the truck.

-his place !-

"How about we continue our date and have a nice candle lit bath?" He whispers in my ear as we walk into his loft. "That sounds perfect." I smile, putting my hand against his cheek.

"I'll be back." He whispers, kissing me quickly and disappearing into the bathroom.

I glance around the loft, and my phone begins to ring.

"Hello?" I answer.
"Where are you? 5th period is about to start." Hanna says.
"I'm, uh, home.." I lie, biting my lip.
"Oh, are you?" She asks, clearly not buying it.
"Yes." I reply quickly.

"Spencer, come on, the bath is ready!" Toby calls out, and I hear Hanna gasp.
"No. Way. You're skipping with him." She says, and I roll my eyes.
"Okay, I don't need any of your teasing." I tell her.
"Fine. But you won't hear the end of this." She tells me before hanging up.

"Spencer, is everything alright?" Toby asks, appearing in the living room wearing just a towel around his lower half, making me smirk.

"Everything is perfect." I grin, walking towards him and kissing him. My hands go down to his waist, and I loosen the towel and let it drop.

I put my hands on his cheeks as we kiss, walking us into his bathroom.

"Thank you for today. It's been perfect, Toby." I smile.

"And it's about to get even better." I say, reconnecting our lips.

•••

I had such a great idea for this but it turned out so bad ugh

Comment thoughts???