Tutoring

Part 2 of my last one shot: Carnival! (Requested)

Spencer's POV:

Last night at the carnival was amazing. It couldn't of gone better.

I got to go with my crush, we went on a pizza date, he held my hand on, and off, the Ferris wheel, and then we made out in his truck.

Today I promised him I'd go over to his house, and help tutor him in French, so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I'm laying in bed, daydreaming, when I get a text. It startles me, because it's 9:00 am. I look for my phone and finally find it under the blankets.

"Hey Spence, I had a great time last night. About tutoring, you can come over around 11:00 am if you want. There's no one else here, so it doesn't matter when you come :) hope to see you later, -Toby"

I look down at my phone, rereading the text, not even realize how widely I was smiling.

"Hey, Toby. I had such an amazing time last night as well. I'll be there at 11, see you then!" -Spence

I hit send, lay my phone down, and decide I should start getting ready now.

It took me nearly 2 hours just to get ready, so I almost didn't have time for breakfast. Luckily, I did have time.

When I finish, I grab my phone, my French books, notes, sheets, etc. and drive to Toby's.

I get there shortly after 11:00 am, so I walk to the door, and knock softly.

"Come in!" I hear Toby yell. I open the door, and close it behind me. I walk down the hallway from the front door, to the living room, to see Toby cooking.

"Hey," he smiles, turning around, revealing his messy hair and that he has flour on his nose.

"What are you doing?" I laugh, looking at him. "Cooking, of course!" He exclaims. "You realize it's past 11:00 am, right?" I chuckle and he checks his watch.

"Dammit, I'm sorry. I got a, little carried away." He blushes and I smile. "It's okay, you can continue. I'm free all day." I say, sitting on the stool around the island, placing my French things there.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, beginning to serve breakfast. "No, thank you. I ate earlier." I smile and he nods, taking a seat next to me.

He takes a bite into his pancake, and spits it out, making me giggle. "Yeah, I wouldn't eat these either. They're disgusting." He exclaims, making me giggle again.

"You probably over, or under cooked them. Here, hand me your apron." I say, reaching my hand out. He unties the apron, and hands it to me.

"Can you give me a hand?" I ask, putting the apron around me. He nods, standing up, and slowly ties the apron around my waist.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, to prevent it from getting in the food, and turn the oven back on.

As I cook the pancakes, Toby stands over my shoulder, watching the whole time.

I swear, he can hear my heart beating out of my chest as I do this.

Once they're done, I turn the oven off, hand the two I made to Toby, and we sit back down.

"You got a little flour," he says, using his thumb to wipe the flour off my cheek, and I blush.

Toby takes a bite from the pancakes, and smiles at me. "These are the best pancakes I've ever tasted!" He exclaims, making me giggle.

"Thank you," he smiles, looking at me. "No problem." I smile back.

I stand up, removing my apron, and wipe any other flour I got on myself, off.