Dare

Spencer's POV:

It's a beautiful summer's night, so Hanna decided to have all of our friend group over for a sleepover. The problem is, everyone in our group is dating one another, besides Toby and I.

Toby and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember, and I didn't want to ruin that by dating.

He agrees.

Of course we both know there are some feelings between us, but we try our best to hide it.

All of our friends have been doing everything to try and get us to get together, hug, or even kiss. They've tried mistletoes (even though it isn't Christmas), making us 'accidentally' run into one another, and even dragged us to parties just for spin the bottle.

Anyway, we're all sat outside on the grass, it's now pitch black so the warmth from the sun isn't there any more.

Toby notices me shivering, removes his coat and places it on my shoulder. He then moves in closer so our legs are touching, and gives me a soft smile.

"Thank you." I whisper, trying to hide the blush on my face.

Hanna notices this action, smirking and nudging Aria.

"I have an idea!" Hanna announces, and everyone snaps out of their own little conversations.

"Let's play dare." She says with a grin. "Han, did you just make this up?" I ask her, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Of course not!" She exclaims in a very untrustworthy tone. "Anyway, the rules are simple. You get two dares, and you must choose to do one of them. No chickening out." She says, and we all nod.

"I'll start." Aria speaks up. "Hanna," she chooses, and Hanna looks at her. "You have to.." she says, wondering.

"Kiss someone besides Caleb on the cheek, or kiss one of us girls on the cheek." Aria says, and Hanna thinks.

"Hm, I'll kiss Ezra." She smiles, standing up and kissing his cheek lightly and sitting back in her previous spot in the circle which is next to Caleb and Emily.

"Okay, my turn to ask." She says with a grin as she looks at me.

I know that look.

"Spencer." She sing songs and I roll my eyes. "You have to eat a spoonful of mustard or kiss Toby. On the lips, a real kiss, no loopholes permitted." She says smirking, proud of the odds she gave herself and everyone else.

They all share smiles, because they all have been waiting for Toby and I to become a 'thing' since we became best friends. Apparently the attraction is very noticeable.

I sigh, and glance at everyone smiling. I roll my eyes, turning towards Toby and bite my lip shyly.

"How could they do that? They know how much you hate mustard." He says with a small smirk, making me blush.

"They're out to get us, I swear." I giggle, and he pushes a piece of hair behind my ear.

I glance at Hanna, who immediately turns her head to look at Caleb, and everyone pretends to have their own little conversations while Toby and I prep.

"So, I guess we have to kiss now. I think they finally trapped us." I giggle, moving in closer to him. "Yeah, they finally trapped us." He says with a small smile.

"Close your eyes.." I whisper, so quiet that only Toby could possibly hear me. He nods, closing his eyes and moving in closer.

I close my eyes, and then connect our lips.