Family Reunion

Spencer's POV:

"Hey, Toby. Are you busy tomorrow night?" I ask him, sitting next to him in English. "I don't think so. Why?" He asks with a smile. "Well, I was wondering if you'd come to this reunion thing with me. You don't have to." I tell him.

"I'd love to come." He smiles, and I smile back. "It's at my house, and most of my family will be there. And my parents were going around saying I had a boyfriend, so now they all want to meet you." I giggle, making him laugh.

"Well, how could I say no to that?" He smirks, raising an eyebrow. "Also, I get the barn to myself so you can secretly sleepover. My room is being used by my cousins." I grin, biting my lip.

"I might just take you up on that offer." He smirks. "Dress nice." I smirk, and before he can reply the English teacher walks in.

~the next night~

I was just about to zip up my dress when I hear a knock on the door downstairs.

I attempt to zip it up as I run downstairs, and succeed once I finally reach the bottom.

I open the door, and smile to see Toby standing there in a suit holding a rose. "For you." He smiles, handing me the single red rose.

"Toby.." I smile, pulling him in for a hug. "Thank you, it's beautiful." I say, smiling wider than before. "You know what else is beautiful?" He asks, his voice going down to a whisper.

"You." He says, his voice even quieter than before. I giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

"You clean up nice." I tell him.

"Got to look my best to impress everyone." He says with a smile.

Toby leans in again, kissing me slowly, when I put my hands on his chest, pushing him back slowly.

"We aren't alone." I whisper, pressing our foreheads together. "My parents are upstairs." I tell him, and he kisses me once more.

"I guess this will have to wait until tonight." He says with a small smirk. "I guess so." I grin, holding his hand.

We continue to talk, when my mom walks downstairs.

"Oh, hi Toby! So nice to see you. You look so nice." She exclaims with a smile, hugging him. Then my father appears, and walks down the stairs to greet Toby.

"Hi, Toby." He says, reaching his hand out to shake it. Toby does so, and they share a smile.

Thankfully my parents came around to the idea of Toby and I, so they don't hate him.

"Everyone should be here-" My mom says, before there was a knock on the door interrupting her. "Now!" She exclaims.

After an hour, everyone finally has arrived.

"Spence!" I hear Lily, my 4 year old cousin, exclaim. I turn around, and she's running toward me. I kneel down, open my arms and welcome her in with a hug.

"I've missed you." She smiles, hugging me tight. When I stand, Toby puts an arm around me, keeping his hand on my waist.

"Who is this?" She asks, smiling to him. "This is my boyfriend, Toby." I tell her.

"Boyfriend?" She asks, confused. "He's my very special friend." I tell her, and she nods, pretending she knows what I'm talking about.

Lily gives him a shy smile, and runs away giggling.

"I have many little cousins who will ask about you, so if they don't understand boyfriend/girlfriend, I guess special friend will have to do." I laugh, and he does too.