Prom

Prompt: Toby can't make it home for Spencer's prom due to his work, but he has a big surprise for her.

Spencer's POV:

"Are you sure you can't make it home for prom?" I whine into the phone. "Spence you know the next flight tomorrow would be a few hours later than prom, I'll be too late." He replies. "Can't you come home today or something? All my friends will have a date and I'll be alone." I say. "You know if I could, I would. I'll try and be home in 2 days, so I can take you out to dinner." He tells me and I think about it for a second. "Okay, sure." I agree with a small smile. "I gotta go, the girls are picking me up to go get our dresses from the shop. Love you." I say before hanging up.

I walk out the door to see if the girls are near, and at that moment they pull into my driveway. "Just in time!" I laugh approaching the car. In the front was Aria and Hanna, which left me, Emily and Alison in the backseat. Emily and Alison were too caught up in matching their outfits tonight and discussing their first dance, while Aria and Hanna talked about their 'hot' dates. I look out the window, and stay silent the entire ride. When we get there everyone quickly exits Aria's car.

"Les go girls." Alison says linking arms with Emily, making us walk behind them. We enter the store and pick up the dresses which were set underneath Alison's name. "Thanks." Alison says to the lady running the store, as she hands everyone their dress. They all smile and look so excited, too excited to even notice I don't want to go anymore.

- Prom Night -

"You look beautiful, Ali!" Emily gushes as we get ready in Hanna's bedroom. "You look pretty good yourself." She grins giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Woah, Hanna. You're dress really makes you look good!" Alison compliments. "Thanks, and Aria your dress is so gorgeous." Hanna replies. "Spence come on, put your dress on!" Emily begs as the girls compliment one another. "It won't even be fun, you'll all be with your dates and I'll be sat around." I reply.

"You'll have fun, it's prom!" Aria butts in. "Please!" Hanna begs and I sigh, giving in. I remove what I have on and replace it with my prom dress. All the girls immediately smile at one another. "You look beautiful!" Alison smiles and I give a small smile back. "Let's go, we don't want to be late!" Hanna says tugging on my arm. We all carpooled in Hanna's car together. Hanna parks her car and we all head into the gymnasium at Rosewood High, where prom is being held to this year.

When we get in there, tons of people are already present. They're dancing, laughing, and having fun with their dates. "Meet here at 11!" Emily says dragging Emily down to dance. "Then there were 3." I exclaim, when Caleb arrives picking Hanna up and spinning her around. "Caleb!" Hanna squeals kissing him. "May I have this dance?" He asks putting his hand out and she nods, dragging him down into the crowd. "Then there were 2." I laugh nudging Aria. "Actually.." She says. "What? I thought you and Ezra couldn't go together?" I ask.

"He's pretending to be a teacher volunteer so we can sneak a dance or sneak out." She smirks walking off. "Then there was one." I sigh sitting down.

After 2 hours, I get bored of sitting around on the step. No one asked me to dance, everyone had a date. I walk through the crowd to find Hanna and Caleb, to let her know I'm going to walk home. "Hey Han, I'm heading off." I tell over the music. "Okay, bye!" She replies waving me off. I sigh and put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

When I finally reach home, I fall onto my couch, crying. "I hate prom." I whisper to myself, wiping my tears. I sit up, about to walk up to my room and take off my dress, when I notice my backyard was lit up. I slowly walk out, to see a DJ area for music, a punch table, fairy lights hung up all around, and one person stood in the middle of it all. "Toby?" I ask with a small smile. "Happy Prom night." He approaches me with a grin. "Oh my god, did you do all of this?" I ask with a chuckle as I cover my mouth with my hands.

"Just for you." He says reaching his hand out. "Also, for you." He replies handing me a single rose. "Thank you, I-I don't know what to say." I say in awe of him. "Don't say anything.." He whisper leaning in and kissing me. I smile against him as I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands go to my waist. "Can I have this dance?" He asks with a smile and I nod.

"I'm so glad you're here." I whisper pulling him closer.

I seen this as an Ezria one shot so I wanted to do it 😂

Hope you enjoyed 🤘🏼

Comment thoughts ????