Second Thoughts

Spencer's POV:

I bite my lip as Caleb pushes over a huge binder filled with wedding ideas. "I can't believe we're doing this." He smiles, looking down to admire my ring.

I just give him a small smile, and look through the book. My heart begins to pound, and my palms grow sweaty.

I don't know what it is, but there's this strong feeling telling me to back off. To find him. To tell Caleb we shouldn't get married.

I attempt to shake these feelings off, and look through the dresses I had chose.

"I think you should wear dress number 3." He grins, pointing to the beautiful white wedding gown. "Mhm." I mumble, quickly flipping the page.

He frowns, and holds my hand. "Spencer, what's wrong?" He asks, his voice full of love. Unable to look him in the eyes, I place my fingers over the ring, and slide it off my finger.

"I'm sorry, Caleb. I can't do this." I say, shaking my head. I place the ring in his hand, wiping the tears that are falling. "I can't marry you." I tell him, standing from my chair.

"Why?" He asks. "It's going to be perfect." He tells me. "Caleb, I don't love you. I love someone else. Toby." I say, looking down at my ring-less hand.

He sighs, and I stand. "I have to go find him. I have to let him know how I actually feel." I say, running out of Caleb's apartment.

I run downstairs and to my vehicle. I quickly get in, and begin the search for Toby.

The first place I go to is Ezra's. He's sure to be hanging out there. I knock at his door, and no one answers, so I hurry off.

The second place I go to is his house. He lives there alone, he isn't dating anyone, so he should be there. I knock, and knock, and knock. After 10 minutes of waiting, I can't stand to be there any longer and drive off again.

The third place I go to is the brew. I run inside, frantically looking for Toby. Of course, he was no where in sight. I turn around, but on the way out I run into someone rather quickly.

I begin to apologize, out of breath, when my eyes meet his. "Toby." I breathe out. "Spence? Are you alright?" He asks and I shake my head. "Follow me." I say, taking his hand and leading him outside.

"We'll come back for your truck." I tell him, not bothering to look around. "I walked from home." He tells me and I nod. "Oh, well just get in." I say, out of breath.

He looks at me weird, but sits in the passenger seat. I get in, and quickly drive off. "Spence, can you please tell me where we're going?" He asks, and I look over. "Your place. Just, I can't explain when I'm driving. It's too huge." I say, sighing.

I pull into his driveway, get out of the car and he follows.

"May I come in?" I ask, and he nods. He unlocks his front door, and we go inside and sit on his couch. He sits down first, and I sit next to him so our knees are touching.

"I-I, broke it off with Caleb." I tell Toby, and he looks down at my hands. "Oh, I'm so sorry." He tells me, holding my hand. "Did he cheat? Did him and Hanna hook up?" He asks, beginning to get angry.

"No, Toby. Don't worry. I did it because I realized I don't love him like I thought I did. And, well, I love someone else." I say, swallowing the lump in my throat.

The room grew quiet, and I made eye contact with Toby. We continued to stare at one another when I spoke up.

"It's you." I speak up. "I'm still in love with you." I say, sighing of relief. "I'm so sorry I had to scare you like that at The Brew, and bring you here and probably ruin your life, but I needed to get it off my chest. I couldn't marry Caleb knowing I had feelings, stronger feelings, for you." I say, and Toby squeezes my hand gently.

"I don't know what to say." He says, shaking his head. "Then don't say anything. Prove it. Prove I'm not crazy saying I still feel something between us. Prove I know you still love me too. Prove that-" I say before he cuts me off with a kiss.

He pulls back for a moment, when I reconnect our lips again. My hands find their way to his cheek, gently stroking it as we kiss.

"I love you too. I always have, and I always will, Spence. I don't think I could of let you get married to Caleb." He tells me and I give a small smile.

"Some things never change." I smile, kissing him.

~~~~~~~

2 years later

Standing across from me now, is the one and only. The love of my life.

We stand at the alter, declaring our love, in front of friends and family.

I'm so glad we found our way back to one another. It's been a hard, long, bumpy path, but we made it through. Together.

He makes me happier than I could ever imagine, makes me feel safer than I ever thought I could. He is my safe place to land, after all. He's my best friend, my protector.

After the gigantic mishap I would like to call Caleb and I dating, I came to my senses when our wedding was near. I knew it wasn't right to marry the man I didn't love. I needed to marry the man who I loved.

The man that was there for me through it all, always knew what to do when I was upset, knew how to help me when I felt alone, but most of all knew how to love me when I didn't know how to love myself.

I didn't say his name, but I bet you know who I was referring to.

Toby Cavanaugh.

That man stole my heart many years ago, and after being pulled apart, destiny and fate brought us back together. This was a sign, a sign that we were meant to be, and we could truly overcome anything.

Our love was stronger than you could ever imagine, stronger and better as one.

••••

I tried to make this good but it was super short and horrible :(

GUYS I CANT BREATHE THIS IS THE SECOND LAST EPISODE OF PLL AND MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER (Spencer) AND COUPLE (spoby) EVER :((((

I'm super excited and watched Janel/Keegan's Facebook live earlier :)

Comment thoughts??

**also if you have one shot requests comment them or message me!!! I take requests