Sick Day

Prompt: Toby is sick and Spencer takes a day off of school to help make him feel better.

Thanks omgitsspoby ;)

Spencer's POV:

Today I have a huge French test, and I'm dreading having to do it. I slowly get out of bed, and proceed to get ready. I pull off my pyjamas and then put on a tank top accompanied by a skirt. As I'm doing my hair, I get a text.

Good morning babe, I'm not going to work today because I'm sick, maybe you can drop by after school when I'm feeling better. Love you lots, -Toby.

I immediately text him back.

Don't do too much today babe. I love you! -Spence.

I quickly finish getting ready, I put on a little bit of make up, and rush out the door. My parents won't even know I'm skipping off, they're on vacation. Besides, Toby needs me more than ever. When I reach his house I walk in to see him watching Friends on the couch, with a blanket lazily thrown across him. "Spence? What are you doing here?" He asks trying to sit up. "Lie down!" I exclaim helping him lay down again. "I'm here to make you feel better." I tell him sitting next to him.

"I'm going to get you sick." He mumbles. "I'll be fine." I tell him taking his hand. "Now, get some rest. Just let me help you into bed." I say getting up. I take his hands and pull him up. We carefully walk to his bedroom where I help undress him. "You know I can do this, right?" He tells me as I'm unzipping his jeans. "It's more fun this way." I smile as he finally climbs into bed, just wearing boxers. "I'm not leaving, so if you need anything, I'm out there." I smile pulling the blankets over him.

He closes his eyes and turns from his side to his back. I kiss his cheek and then leave his room. What to do for a few hours? I look around and spot a pot not put away. I can make him some chicken noodle soup! I look through his cupboards and once I find the ingredients I put some water in the pot and start to boil it. Once that's done, I pour the ingredients in carefully, to make sure it's done perfectly. Once the soup's done, I pour some up in a bowl for Toby, and wait for him to wake up.

**

At about 11:30, I hear him toss and turn, so I walk in to see what's going on. When I look in, the blankets were kicked off of him and he had his hands in his hair. I smile and shake my head a little. I slowly walk over to him and press my hand against his forehead. It's burning hot. I walk out of his room once again, and grab some medicine he can take. I put two pills in my hand, and pour up a glass of water. When I walk back in the room, I lay what I have in my hands on the night table so I can wake Toby.

"Toby?" I whisper as I slowly run my finger along his cheek. "Baby." I whisper shaking him lightly by his shoulders. "Wake up, you need to take some medicine." I say kissing his cheek. After battling to get him up, he finally opens his eyes. "Hey." He struggles to get out, yet he's smiling. "What got you smiling?" I ask kissing his forehead. "You." He says and I blush a little. "What happened to the blankets?" He chuckles. "I guess you got warm but when I came in it was off." I say picking up the water and pills. "Now take these." I tell him handing him the pills.

"Do I have to?" He groans. "I'm trying to make you better, take the damn pills." I laugh and he does too. He finally gives in and swallows them. "Do you want to go back to sleep? Or are you hungry? I made soup a few hours ago." I tell him with a smile. "Let's go get soup." He says trying to get up. "No, you stay here. I'll get the soup." I tell him with my hand against his chest. He lies back down and fixes the blankets so they're covering up to his waist. I reheat the soup, and then take it into Toby. I sit down so I'm close to him, and take a spoonful so I can feed it to him.