Realization

Spencer's POV:

July 19th, 2017. The day my life changed forever. It all started early that afternoon, and only got better and better from there.

You're probably a little confused, so let's backtrack a little...

Earlier//

I'm currently in the barn getting dressed for the wedding.

Today is the day Toby and Yvonne get married.

It still hurts me, we kissed, he admitted to building the house for me, but he's still going ahead with their wedding.

I wish it was me, not her.

I put on my dress and heels, then walk to the car. I drive to the chapel where the wedding is being held, park, and go inside.

I take a deep breath before pushing open the doors to the chapel. I quietly open the doors, look around and spot my friends in the front, so I sit with them.

"Hey, Spence. This must be so hard." Aria says squeezing my hand. "It's easier than I thought." I admit. "If he's happy, I'm happy." I smile sighing.

"You're brave coming here, you know." Emily smiles. "I don't know how you're even managing to stay calm and not burst into tears." Hanna exclaims and Emily nudges her.

"Don't mind them," Alison says rolling her eyes. "You did the right thing by coming, Spence. I bet it means so much to them that you came." She smiles. "Thanks guys." I say sighing once more.

After a few more minutes, the music begins to play and Toby walks out first. My heart is beating fast, and my hands are shaky.

Honestly, he looks so amazing. I wish I was the one standing up there with him, professing my love to him.

I didn't ever think I'd be in this position, watching the man I love get married to someone else.

Moments after, Yvonne appears looking so beautiful.

She has a lacy, white dress and a gorgeous veil on her head. I hope she knows how lucky she is to be marrying him.

She walks up the aisle, and the two exchange smiles. "Dearly beloved," the priest starts saying. I ignore the ceremony for the most part, because it hurts too much to even listen to.

"Repeat after me," the priest says. "I, Yvonne," he says. "I, Yvonne," she repeats. "Take thee Toby, to love and to hold, through sickness and in health, until the day I die." He finishes. "Take thee Toby, to love and to hold, through sickness and in health, until the day I die." She repeats and Toby smiles.

"Now, I, Toby," the priest says. "I, Toby," he smiles. "Take thee Yvonne," the priest says. "Take thee Spencer," he says calmly, and Yvonne looks at him with wide eyes.

The chapel was immediately filled with gasps, and all eyes were on me.

I take a shaky breath in, attempting to ignore the stares. "Um, shall we go on?" The priest asks, when Toby looks over at me.

"Toby?" Yvonne asks, her voice shaky.

"I'm sorry." He says and sighs. "Spencer, I love you. I know this is crazy, I'm in the middle of my wedding with someone else, and admitting I still love you," he says,