I Choose You

Spencer's POV:

Toby and I are currently walking around Rosewood's Mall, because I'm trying to help him find a girlfriend.

You heard me right, Toby wants help from me, seeing we're best friends and all. I only agreed because I can't stand seeing him upset over his ex-girlfriend, Alison Dilaurentis, anymore. She used him, but he didn't see it like that.

Honestly, I do like him. I have to say that, because he's one of those people that you can't not fall in love with. He's just amazing.

"Spencer, do you see anyone good enough?" He asks excitedly. "That's up to you to decide, I can't read your mind." I say, and he nods a little. "Maybe we can practise a quick date, there's this coffee place on the lower level." He says taking my hand and dragging me down the elevator.

When we go down there, he orders 2 coffees and then we sit at a table. "Okay, so what do you say to her?" I ask sipping my coffee. "You're beautiful." He smiles and I catch myself staring into his eyes longer than I should. I clear my throat and look away for a moment before saying, "yeah, that'll make her blush."

We continued to practise our date, when he seems to get distracted. "What?" I ask looking over my shoulder. "Um, nothing." He says continuing to look at me. I turn around and scan the area until my eyes lay on Alison. "Toby." I say sternly. "She's no good, she used you. Trust me, she's not the one for you." I say holding his hand.

I quickly pull my hand back, forgetting he's looking for a girlfriend here in the mall, he doesn't want me, we've been best friends long enough so if he wanted me, I've been here all along.

After another few practises of different scenarios, something catches his eye. "I see a girl, I'm going to go talk to her!" He says running off and catching up with someone.

I keep watching from afar, when they start walking off together. Beforehand, we made a few signals up to give to each other from far away if he actually ended up meeting someone. He gives me the hand signal for a movie, so I give him a fake smile and sigh.

I spend the next few hours wandering around the mall, basically window shopping. I'm kind of annoyed with him, that he'd take me out with him to find a girlfriend. I wish he realized how hard it was for me.

After 2 long hours spent alone, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I answer.
"Hey Spence." Toby responds.
"Oh, hi." I say, realizing that was the third form of 'hello' used already.
"It didn't really work out.." He says and the line is quiet.
"Oh." Is all I can say.
"Well, where are you?" He asks and just before I can answer, two arms wrap around me.

I panic and turn around to see Toby hugging me. "I told you not to do that!" I squeal smacking his chest lightly as he laughs. "That wasn't funny." I say a little more annoyed. "Want to sit down and have coffee?" He asks. "Wouldn't you want to do it with someone else?" I mumble. "What?" Toby asks, not hearing my remark. "Nothing." I say walking next to him quietly.

We sit down at the same coffee shop we were to earlier, and he tries to make conversation, but I ignore him. "Are you okay?" He asks and I quickly stand up, running towards the bathroom. I was almost immediately stopped by a forceful grip on my wrist. "Let's talk." He says continuing to hold onto me, but now instead of my wrist it's my hand.

He leads me to a more secluded area of the mall, and sighs. "Spencer, what's wrong?" He asks me. "You don't get it, do you?" I ask my voice breaking. "Get what? Please talk to me." He pleads. "You don't get how hard it was to come here today and help you get a girlfriend, Toby. I had to stand by, and watch you like someone else, go on a fake date with you, when someone else gets the real thing." I say a tear falling down my cheek.

"I've been hiding this for a really long time, but I like you, Toby. And I mean a lot. I wish I could date you, but you only think of me as a friend, which kills me. Yes, I'm so happy to have you as a friend but I can't help but think of you as more." I say and he stays silent.

"I'm so lame." I say another tear falling down my cheek, but this time, he wipes it gently with his thumb. "No you aren't, Spence." He tells me, and before he can say anything else I cut him off.

"I really am. You can go kiss anyone in this mall, but I'm standing here crying over you, when you don't even like me. So go, choose someone, I don't care anymore." I say putting my head down.

That's when Toby put his hands on my waist, and kissed me slowly. He pulls back, our foreheads touching, and our faces only inches apart. "I choose you, Spence. I always have, and I always will." He tells me holding my hands. "Toby." I smile hugging him tight. "I choose you, too." I say holding him close.

•••

Lol this sucked too but you're used to bad one shots brought to you by me!

Comment thoughts??