Sleepless

Spencer's POV:

"Okay, okay, my turn!" Hanna yells, throwing the Monopoly dice onto the game board. Everyone rolls their eyes, and Emily snatches the dice from Hanna, who is definitely a little intoxicated.

"Hanna, let someone else roll." Emily hisses, passing the dice to her crush, Alison. Alison smiles and rolls, moving her game piece.

I look around to see Toby fidgeting his fingers, sitting next to Caleb who's staring at Hanna. I glance to Aria, who is also staring, but at her 'friend' Ezra Fitz.

The only people here not involved would be Toby and I, but I'm pretty sure that's because he doesn't like me. I've liked him for a long time, but I don't think he feels the same way.

...

The game continues for what feels like forever, when Aria speaks up. "Guys, I think we should head to bed. It's past 2:00 AM." Aria says and everyone agrees.

"But," Hanna says and Caleb holds her hand. "Fine." She groans, leaving the room. We all follow her upstairs, and into Alison's room where we're all staying.

It worked out that Toby and I will have to share an air mattress, which isn't a total bummer, but it would be a lot better if he was actually into me.

We all change into our pyjamas and get into our beds, preparing to sleep.

....

It's been an hour since we went to bed, but I can't sleep. There's so much going through my head. Well, there's someone going through my head.

I can't help but to think about the person laying next to me, sleeping so soundly. How I want him to wrap his arm around me, and kiss me.

I look up at the clock which reads 3:05 AM. I silently groan, remove the blankets off of me, and tiptoe out of the room.

I walk downstairs, go to the fridge and prepare myself a glass of warm milk to calm myself.

TOBY'S POV:

I roll over and notice half of the bed is empty. I sit up quickly and notice it's a little after 3:00 AM, and everyone else is in the room but Spencer.

My head is telling me to leave it, she's probably gone to the bathroom, but my heart is saying go make sure that she's alright.

Of course, I'm one to follow my heart.

I take the blankets off of myself, and quietly exit the room. I walk down the hall to see the bathroom is vacant. My heart begins to pound, wondering where she could be.

I tiptoe to the top of the stairs, and peek down to see her sat on the couch with some milk, reading a magazine.

Only if she knew how much I liked her.

SPENCER'S POV:

As I was flipping through the pages of the magazine, I heard a creak at the top of the staircase. I jump a little, my heart beginning to pound.

"It's just me." I hear Toby whisper. I sigh of relief, placing my hand over my heart which is beating uncontrollably.

"What are you doing up?" He asks, approaching me. "I," I begin to say, blush evident on my cheeks. "I couldn't sleep. That's all." I tell him, and he nods.

"Do you mind?" He asks, gesturing towards the couch and I shake my head. He smiles as he sits next to me.

"Anything in particular on your mind, Spence?" He asks, as I continue to flip through the magazine, attempting to ignore his presence.

I bite my lip, and my thoughts get the best of me. All I can imagine is kissing him, him holding me, him running his fingers through my hair. On the inside I can't control myself, which is making it hard to keep cool on the outside.

"Spence?" He asks again, and I lay the magazine down.

Before I could even think about what I'm doing, I crash my lips against his. After a minute, I pull back, out of breath.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologize, pushing some hair out of my face. "No, don't apologize." He whispers, shaking his head and kissing me again.

The innocent kissing slowly turns into something more. It was a lot less passionate than before. Before I knew it, I had myself wrapped around him, his hands attempting to pull off my shirt.

Before we knew it, all our clothes were on the floor, and we were getting into something that is far from over.

~a few hours later~

Around 8:05 AM I begin to shift. I open my eyes to realize Toby and I had fallen asleep on Alison's couch, still unclothed.

My heart begins to race because I'm laying on top of Toby, both of us just covered in a blanket.

"Toby," I whisper shaking him. "Wake up." I whisper again and he opens his eyes slowly. He grins, leaning up to kiss me and I pull back.

"Now is not the time." I whisper and he gives me a confused look. "We need to find our clothes before the others realize we're not in the room with them." I tell him.

There's only one blanket, so I use that to cover myself, while Toby holds pillows up to try and shield himself in case someone wakes up.

"Where in the hell did we-" I say before being cut off. "Put these?" Emily asks, walking into the living room carrying an armful of clothes. "Em, we can explain." I tell her, wrapping the blanket around me tighter.

She begins to laugh, and hands me our clothes. "I don't need an explanation, but I would definitely consider getting dressed before Hanna sees you." She laughs, returning to the room upstairs.

I hand Toby his pyjamas, and then we both get dressed. I begin to walk upstairs when Toby grabs my hand.

"Who said we need to go back up there?" He asks, pulling me into him. He cups my face with his hands, and kisses me gently. "How about we just lay here on the couch?" He whispers into my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I nod, and he lays down, bringing me with him. He wraps his arms around my stomach, pulling me in closer. I then place my hands on top of his.

TOBY'S POV:

As we're laying here on Alison's couch, as close as can be, I'm just thinking one thing (well several things, but one thing's for sure): I'm so glad I listened to my heart earlier.

••••••

this came to me randomly one day so I decided to try and write it!!

it isn't amazing but oh well🤷🏽‍♀️

Comment thoughts?

*if you guys have any one shot ideas I'll happily write them and give you idea credits!