Early Return

Spencer's POV:

Toby's been gone for a carpentry job for a few weeks now, and I miss him like crazy. He's supposed to be getting home today, and I've been waiting for the call telling me when he'll be back.

Right now I live in the barn, Toby practically does too, but it's not official or anything, I haven't asked him to move in yet.

I'm taking a shower when my phone rings. It's an incoming FaceTime call from Toby. I dry my hands and accept it.

"You always choose the wrong times to call me." I laugh. "Seems like the right time to me." He smirks and I roll my eyes playfully.

"How are you?" I ask him. "Great, because I'm finally talking to you." He grins and I do too. "Plus, I'm coming home at 7:00 pm tonight." He adds in and I smile.

"I can't wait to see you." I reply. "Me either, it feels like it's been months since you've held me, or kissed me, or hugged me." I say pouting. "I know, but tonight I can make up for it." He smiles.

"I'll be looking forward to that." I say. "I need to grab a shower, I'll call you after my shower." I smile. "No that's fine, I'll call you before I get on the plane, okay?" He asks and I nod.

"I love you." I smile. "I love you too, see you tonight." He replies and then I hang up.

I finish getting a shower, and decide to clean up the barn a bit before he comes, so it doesn't look like such a mess.

I finish cleaning around 4:00 pm, apparently there was a lot of cleaning to do. I throw on one of Toby's shirts, and a pair of shorts to go underneath it.

I decide to make cupcakes for him, because it would be such a great surprise for him when he's home. I take out the red velvet cupcake recipe from my grandmother's recipe book, and begin to mix a few ingredients.

In the middle of mixing I hear the door open, and then close again. I peek out to see who it is, and to my surprise it was Toby. My heart starts beating fast, and a smile doesn't leave my face.

"Toby." I sigh running from the kitchen to the living room, and jumping in his arms. "God I've missed you." He says holding on to me tighter, and I wrap my legs around him tighter.

I lean back a little so I'm able to kiss him. As I kiss him I run my hands through his hair. "I've missed you too." I say in between kisses. After a few minutes he lays me back on the ground, but I don't leave his side.

"So what have you been up to?" He asks looking at the messy kitchen. "I was going to surprise you with cupcakes, but you came home way earlier than expected. Much better than my surprise." I grin.

"I beg to differ, you're taking time out of your busy schedule to make your boyfriend cupcakes, that is a wonderful surprise." He tells me and I smile.

"I'm going to go finish them." I smile walking back into the kitchen and he follows me. "Can I help?" He asks. "Toby you just had a long flight, go sit down and relax." I tell him.

"Or, maybe this can be one of the dates that I owe you for being gone for so long?" He grins and I think about it for a second.

"Fine you can help." I give in. "I'll stir the ingredients and you can pour them into the pan." I tell him and he nods as he stands behind me, watching from over my shoulder.

As I continue to mix the ingredients, Toby puts his hands on my waist and slowly kisses down my neck. "Toby." I say, closing my eyes in pleasure. "Am I not aloud to do this on our date?" He asks continuing to kiss my neck.

"We won't get these finished if you continue this, and you know it." I grin as his hands go to my waist, pulling me in closer to him. "I have a different idea to what we could do." He whispers in my ear.

I turn around grinning at him, "weren't you the one who just wanted to make these cupcakes?" I ask as he slowly tries to pull my shirt off. "Yes, but after seeing you here, looking like this, it reminded me how long it's been." He grins and I do too.

"Come on." I smirk pulling on his hand and bringing him into my bedroom. "I've waited weeks for this moment." He says and I giggle. "Me too." I reply.

^^^ after ^^^

"That was much more fun than baking cupcakes." I say with a smile as he runs his fingers through my hair. "Definitely." He agrees.

"I almost forgot how amazing it felt to be held by you." I say and he kisses my head. "I won't ever be gone that long again, Spence. Don't worry. That nearly killed me having to be away that long." He says.

"It nearly killed me too, I don't think I'd be able to handle you leaving for that long again." I tell him. "Like I said, it won't happen again." He replies.

"So, are we going to ever finish those cupcakes? Or will we just lay here forever?" I giggle. "I like the second option." He grins.

"Well, staying here it is." I smile as he wraps around me tighter.

••••

Update at late o'clock it is ;)

I update so late in the night for me lol, I procrastinate homework and studying for you guys!!

this one sucks majorly, I'm running out of ideas :/

Comment thoughts ??