Saying Goodbye

Prompt: Toby is leaving to go to New York for a job interview (he'll only be gone for the weekend), Spencer's parents bring him to the airport so Spence can also say a final goodbye.

Spencer's POV

"Toby do you have to go?" I whine pulling on his arm as he packs. "Spence it's only until Sunday. I promise I'll come over when I get back so we can spend some alone time together." He grins. I groan and fall onto the bed. "You know, we can always have some fun right now.." I suggest unbuttoning my shirt slowly. "You can't bribe me with sex, Spence." He tells me.

"Even though I would love to." He smirks and I sigh. "It was worth a shot." I shrug laying back on the bed. "I can take a break from packing, it shouldn't take that long, I'm backing for 2 days." He says putting his suitcase on the floor. I sit up and pull him close to my body using his shirt. I kiss him and then he starts to kiss my cheeks when I just start crying. "You're crying. Are you okay?" He asks wiping my tears.

"I-I don't want to leave your side." I whisper as he kisses me again. "I know it's for a weekend but we've been inseparable since we've dated and I don't want you to have to go." I mumble looking down. "I'm going to miss you, so much." He tells me pulling me back into him for another kiss. He lies down on his bed and I curl up in his arms. "I'm going to sleep here for the next 2 nights." I tell him.

"Alone?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Yeah, because you can wake me as soon as you get home, and I can finally kiss you again." I smile holding onto him tighter. "So you have to go to this interview?" I ask again. "Yes, babe. I'm sorry, I really am. If I got the job, you and I would move to New York City, and have our own apartment." He tells me as he plays with my fingers. "Mhm, what else would we do in New York?" I ask smirking.

"Probably this." He whispers in a husky tone pulling me on top of him for a kiss. "Maybe I could do this.." I smile removing my button up shirt. "I'll do this." He smirks taking off his shirt too and then reconnecting the kiss. In moments, all of our clothes were off, and we were underneath the blankets.

(After their alone time)

"I have to get up now, I've packed, we've cuddled, had some more fun, but my flight leaves in 2 hours, I have to get to the airport." He tells me sitting up. A tear falls down my cheek while I sit in his lap under the blankets, as he cradles and holds me. I sigh, finally giving up, realizing I can't do anything about this now.

I put on my skinny jeans and his shirt, then a sweater over it. He fixes his hair, puts on his jeans and then a button down shirt. "I guess we can get going, my parents are out there waiting." I smile grabbing onto his arms. We get into the car, I stay as close to him as possible the entire ride. I put my head on his shoulder and he kisses my forehead. "It'll be okay." He whispers.

"Thanks for driving me." Toby says as we pull up into the airport. "No problem, Spencer told us she'll stay and watch the loft until you get back, safe flying." My dad tells Toby. I sigh and look at him with tears already falling down my face. "I'll miss you so damn much. I'll miss your voice, your smile, your laugh, your body, your face, just you." He whispers into my ear making me giggle and shed a few tears.

"I can't believe I'm saying goodbye. It's not a long one but all goodbyes hurt." I whisper hugging him one last time. "Come on you two, he has to go." My mom interrupts us. Toby gives her a slight nod and brings his attention back to me. "I'll call you every night and morning, and text you throughout the day. Remember, I love you." He tells me as I nod, wiping tears.

He leans into my ear, and moves a piece of hair, making more tears fall. "You're so beautiful Spencer, remember that. I can't wait to remind you and tell you when I come back." He whispers and then rubs our noses together. I hear my dad clear his throat, which catches our attention. The final kiss was the most painful, not kissing him for 2 days? Unbelievably hard.

He puts his lips against mine, and I make the kiss more rough, and tug on his hair as we make out. "Ahem." My dad says and we ignore him. "SPENCER HASTINGS." He yells which startles me. I wave goodbye as he takes his things and leaves the car...

Sunday (2 days later)

I miss Toby so much, so damn much. We've called, texted and face timed but it isn't the same, even if it's been 2 days. I took a shower, and put on my favourite shirt of his before heading to bed. Before I know it, he'll wake me up, and I'll be in his arms again. I'll be home....

"Spence....baby." I hear someone whisper and slightly move me. "Wake up, I'm home." I hear him say. I open my eyes to meet Toby's. When I finally take realization I jump into his arms, smothering him with kisses. "Even at 4:00 AM, you're beautiful." He tells me kissing me. "I missed you so much." I mumble as more tears falls while I'm hugging him tightly.

"Do you always have to take my clothes?" He chuckles pulling me close to him by the bottom of my shirt. "Yes, I do." I smile hugging him tighter. I kiss his cheek and pull him down on the bed, with him on top. "I love you so much." I smile as he kisses down my neck.

Another bad one shot 😎

Comment thoughts??
(I'll try to update my Treegan story soon)