Movies

Prompt: Spencer and Toby just started dating, and Toby wants their first official date to be at the movies, so he asks her in school.

Spencer's POV:

While I'm sat down eating lunch with my best friends, I feel arms wrap around me. I turn around to see Toby smiling and hugging me. "Hey." I smile hugging back. "You can join us." I smile patting the seat next to me, and he sits down. "Look at them." Alison teases and the girls laugh. "Don't listen to Ali." He whispers and I nod. "So how's school been today?" I ask him. "Good, how was your day?" He asks me. "Pretty good, even better now." I smile taking his hand and locking our fingers.

"I actually had to, uh, ask you something." He says nervously. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies with me tonight? On our first date." He says looking down. "I'd love to." I smile and kiss his cheek. "I have to get going, I'm starting my test early for Math so I don't need extra time." He smiles and I nod. "Pick you up at 7?" He asks me and I nod again. "See you then." I smile and he hugs me. We haven't had our 'first kiss' as a couple yet, but we aren't rushing things.

"Was Spencer Hastings just asked out on a Friday night!?" Alison jokes in disbelief. I blush a little when Aria speaks up. "Don't listen to Alison, maybe we can help you get ready?" Aria suggests. "I can do your outfit!" Hanna smiles. "I can do your make up!" Emily pipes in. "Guys, I can get ready myself." I giggle. "Well don't wear those nerdy glasses and a sweater vest, or you guys won't last long." Alison snarls. "I-I need to get my books for Chemistry, bye." I say excusing myself.

Why does Alison have to be so mean to everyone? Why does she have to make me feel like I'm not good enough? I drive home after last period to an empty house, and a note.

"Hey Spence, your Dad, Melissa and I decided to go to Philly for the weekend. We would of asked you but Melissa suggested taking Wren! Have a nice weekend, there is also $20 on the table for pizza tonight. xx, - Mom"

I crumple to note and throw it out, isn't my family great? Instead of ordering a pizza, I plan getting ready, because I'm so nervous for my first date with Toby, and we'll probably get a snack at the movies. I go through my closet, and all my clothes are what Alison calls 'boy repellent'. I sigh and plop down on my bed. What to wear? I slam my closet door shut and walk out into Melissa's room. I look through a few bureaus and find a lacy, black tank top. I remove my shirt and put it on, looking at myself in her full length mirror.

I haven't ever wore something like this. I take my jeans off and match my lacy bra with the panties, and wear leggings instead. I take my socks off and take a pair of flats from Melissa's closet. When I'm done in her room, it's nearly 6:20 pm. I quickly get my curling iron, and put loose curls in the ends of my hair. I think I look totally different, but maybe this is for the best. I hear a knock at my door so I grab my purse, and run down stairs. I open the door and stood there in a fancy shirt, and nice jeans was Toby, also holding flowers.

His jaw drops when he sees me. "Wow, you're, you're beautiful." He smiles staring at me. "Is it too much? Alison told me that my old wardrobe wasn't nice, and that I had to change." I say. "But I think this is the first time I made you nervous." I giggle and he chuckles nervously. "These are for you." He smiles handing me the flowers. "Thank you, they're beautiful." I smile hugging him and putting them in a vase. "Let's get going." He smiles reaching his hand out and I take it. We walk to his truck, and sit in it.

Honestly I'm sick to my stomach thinking about this, I'm so nervous. What if I do something wrong? What if I mess this up? "Toby?" I speak up as he drives. "Yes?" He asks. "Is this your first date? Like not just with me?" I stammer playing with my fingers. "Um, no. Why is this yours?" He asks me. "Uh, yeah. It's just, I feel stupid." I laugh. "Don't be, now I know I need to make it special for you." He smiles taking my hand as he drives. Even on a date with the guy, he can always calm me down.

When we reach the theatre, we walk in. "I'll go buy the tickets. Wait here." He smiles walking off. A few minutes later he comes back with 2 tickets. "Are you hungry?" He asks holding my head, and I slightly nod. "Well want to share some popcorn?" He smiles, and I nod again. "Don't be nervous, we always hang out one on one at your house or mine." He tells me kissing my head. "Sure, let me buy the snacks, you bought the tickets." I offer.

"No, it's my treat." He smiles as we walk to the snack counter. He buys a bag of popcorn and a drink for us to share. When we reach the theatre, it was nearly full. We managed to find 2 seats near the back and sat down. Throughout the movie we had some popcorn and drink, but I decided to put my hand on the arm rest, and then I felt his hand hold mine. I look at him and he smiles, and so do I. When the movie is over he takes my hand and we walk out of the theatre. "How did you like the movie?" I ask him with a huge smile. "Amazing, how did you like it?" He asks holding both of my hands outside of the theatre.

"It was great, thanks for this, my first date was amazing." I smile hugging him. We get into his truck, and he drives me home. "So, want to go on another date again soon?" He asks me and I smile. "I'd love to, you want to go out with me again?" I ask smiling. "I really do." He smiles. When we reach my house, he gets out with me and we walk to the door. "I like when you wear what you normally do, or this. Be yourself." He tells me holding my hands.

Before I get the chance to say goodbye, he leans in. Before I know it, our lips our connect, and it feels like electricity shooting through my body, the kiss was perfect. That was the moment I had my first kiss, with my first and only love. He leans back and I grab his hands. "Goodnight Spence." He smiles letting go of my hands, but I don't let go yet. "Goodnight Tobes." I smile slowly dropping his hands. I watch him climb into his truck with the biggest smile on his face, I wave one last time and walk inside.

I'm so happy I didn't go to Philly.

I need more one shot ideas !!

But here is a new one (hopefully it's as cute as I thought it was going to be)

Comment thoughts??