Treegan AU 2

Prompt: it's been months after pll has finished filming & treegan hangout again (following storyline of last AU/one shot!)

Troian's POV:

Ever since Pretty Little Liars has finished filming, my life has went from a mess to very quiet. I recently turned 31, my fiancé dumped me, and everyone has been super busy with their own lives.

Ever since Keegan and I said goodbye, he's all I thought about. He's the first thing I think of in the morning, and the last thing I think of at night.

But he did keep his promise. Everyday we've texted, called or Facetimed to keep in touch with one another. I'm really happy we didn't drift, because he's such an important part of my life.

As I'm walking upstairs, about to go get a shower, there's a knock at my door. That's weird, I'm not expecting any visitors today. All the girls told me they had separate plans with their significant other's, Ian, Tyler and I have become a tiny more distant than I'd hope, and Keegan said he was with his Mom.

Ever since Patrick and I ended our engagement, (because I confessed to loving Keegan), it's been quiet in my house, and my life has been a lot less hectic.

I open the door and I swear my heart skips a beat, or two. I cover my mouth with my hands, starting to cry. "Keegan." I say wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders. "I can't believe it." I say smiling so much, and letting tears fall onto his shoulders.

"No, please don't let go, not yet." I say crying even more. "I can't believe it's you." I say holding on to him even tighter than I was before.

"Hi." He says as I move back from the hug, but he still has his arms wrapped around my waist. "It's actually a hello, not a goodbye." I say pulling him in for another hug. "God I've missed you." I say kissing his cheek. "You too, I've been so busy the last few months, and just needed to surprise you today." He tells me.

"Please, come in." I say welcoming him, and we go into the living room to sit down. For the first few hours we just converse back and forth, never running out of things to say to one another. That's a reason why I love him, we can just talk and talk. You never get tired of talking to him.

After a lot of different basic 'what's new in your life' conversations, he brings up Patrick. "So, how's Patrick?" Keegan asks snacking on some fruit I had brought out for the two of us. "I'm not sure, we broke up a month after Pretty Little Liars ended.." I say avoiding eye contact with him. "Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know." He tells me, sounding like he feels bad.

"It's fine. I didn't know how to bring it up over the phone." I say. "Why did you break up?" He asks me. "So how's Ali?" I ask completely changing the subject. "Um, we broke up right after Pretty Little Liars finished too. It didn't seem to work after, we both had really busy schedules and things didn't match up." He says. "God I'm sorry, I didn't know either." I say feeling terrible for asking now.

"It's fine. Now, why did you and Patrick break up?" He asks me once again. "Well, um. After about a month, we started fighting because I was still extremely upset about the show finishing filming forever." I say. "Then, he'd keep mentioning our horrible goodbye, making it worse. He'd just bring it up because he'd repeat over and over that I love you." I tell him.

"After a while I got sick of fighting so I told him the truth. I told him I love you." I say looking down at the floor. "You what?" He asks raising my chin with his finger, making me look into his eyes. "God Keegan, I love you. You're my light at the end of the tunnel, you're my smile, my laugh, my everything. After spending 7 years with you, I fell in love, okay?" I say, a tear falling down my cheek.

He takes a deep breath and sighs. "Troian, that's kind of why I came all the way out here today. I wanted to tell you how I felt. Because it's been too long hiding the fact that I love you. I just want to be able to take you out on dates, spend the night, be seen in public with you and being able to confirm we're actually a couple." He says and I smile.

"I'm really happy you feel the same way." He adds with a smile. "Yeah, me too." I say. "I know you have nothing packed, but want to stay the night? It's been a while since we last hung out, it would only make sense if you'd stay with me." I say.

"I'd love to stay over, then we can catch up, and maybe work something out between us.." He grins and I do too.

"I'm so glad this was a hello, and not a goodbye." I say hugging him.

•••

This sucks I'm so sorry!!!

Someone (@mackenzie____xxx) requested this :) hope it's okay??

Comment thoughts please???
(vote too!!)💗🤘🏼