Meeting Her Parents

Prompt: Toby wants to meet Spencer's parents, but there's a reason she's been saying no.

//sad !!//

Spencer's POV:

Toby and I are sitting together during lunch, when he asks, "How about I meet your parents after school?" I look up and raise my eyebrows, he already knows the answer. "Toby I'm going to say it again and I've said it a million times; it's not the best idea." I tell him eating my salad. "Spence, it's okay to be embarrassed. If they're weird, or crazy, I can handle it." He tells me moving closer to me. "Toby, I don't think it's a good idea. You've been asking a lot, where I've met yours, but it's difficult." I say.

He sighs and takes my hands. "Spencer, whenever you feel like you're ready for me to meet them, we'll do it then." He says looking into my eyes. I take in a deep breath and sigh. "Okay." I whisper quietly, unsure if he heard my answer. We sit silently for 10 minutes, when the bell breaks our silence. "I'll meet you outside after last period. Love you." He says kissing me.

"Love you too." I respond getting my books and walking to class. This class can't last long enough, I know he's ready to meet them, but I'm not ready to tell him the truth about my parents. About a year ago they got into a plane crash, and unluckily didn't make it. It was on the down low, where they took a private jet, so none of my friends know, well, Toby doesn't know. He's the only friend I got.

When the bell rings after last period, I walk through the crowd and spot Toby standing there waiting. "Your place or mine?" He asks holding my hand walking down the school steps. "I think, it's time for you to meet my parents." I say taking a deep breath, and Toby notices the change in my mood. "Hey, this can wait." He tells me. "No, it can't. Let's go." I say with a smile. We drive a long way, and I pull into the parking lot of the cemetery they're buried in.

I look over to see his expression, expecting him to be completely freaked out, but concern and confusion cover it more. "Spence.." He says. "Follow me." I sigh getting out of the car while holding back tears and taking his hand. We walk through the graveyard and stop at a tombstone that reads "Veronica Hastings" and the tombstone next to it which reads "Peter Hastings". I look over at him, and he stares at the tombs.

"Spence if I would of known, I wouldn't of pushed it. I'm so sorry." He says pulling me in for a tight hug. "How come you haven't told me?" He asks. "I figured you'd freak out and not want to date me. You're the only one that knows, now." I tell him. "Well, mom, dad." I start saying approaching where they're buried. "Meet my boyfriend, the love of my life, Toby Cavanaugh. I really wish you could of met him, he's amazing." I say with a chuckle. I look over at Toby, expecting him to walk away.

He doesn't.

He approaches me, and kneels in between the two tombstones. "Hey Veronica, hi Peter. It's nice to finally meet you. I hope you realized how amazingly beautiful and intelligent your daughter is. She makes my life complete, I love her so much. She makes me happy, and she knows me better than anyone else. I'm really upset I didn't get to meet you, but now, knowing you're here, we'll be making quite a few visits to keep you updated on us." He says looking up to me, and I'm blushing.

I wipe the many tears that fall down my face as he continues telling them how much he loves me. I kneel down next to him and put my head on his shoulder. "I can't wait to hear lots of stories about you guys, I bet you were such amazing people, seeing how Spencer is. Honestly, I didn't think I'd meet someone as amazing as she is, it's too good to be true. That kind of love." He tells them looking into my eyes. I give a small laugh as tears fall down my cheeks.

"You left her in good hands. I promise, for as long as I live, no one will lay a hand on your daughter or ever hurt her. I promise to protect her, to love her, to keep her, forever. Honestly, I don't know what else I can say, because my love for Spencer is bigger than words, words couldn't possibly explain it." He says, and I wipe a tear that falls down his cheek. "Thank you." I whisper through the crying, and he smiles at me. "They're amazing." He smiles looking down at them.

We sit there for an hour, and I listen to Toby ramble on about how much he loves me, and all the fun adventures we've done in the past year as a couple. It was honestly the most touching thing to hear.

"It's getting dark, we've been talking for a while. Good night, Mr and Mrs Hastings." He says. "You can call them Veronica and Peter, silly." I chuckle nudging his arm. "Goodnight, Veronica and Peter. I'll make sure we keep you updated often. Once again, don't ever worry about Spencer's safety for a second, because I'll be keeping her safe and loved till the day I die." He says standing up, taking me with him.

"Toby, I can't say how much that meant to me, hearing all of that. Trust me when I say this, they would of loved you." I smile hugging him tightly, and he hugs me back. "Let's get home, give them some rest. We can come back whenever you want. I love them, they're my family now." He smiles as we walk to my car.

"Everything you said... Was it true? Do you promise to keep me safe? Loved? Will you never leave me? Because if you do-" I say but can't continue because the thought is making me too emotional.

"I meant every word I said back there. I can't imagine my life without you, Spence." He says kissing me.

SAD CHAPTER BECAUSE OF SPOBY LAST NIGHT🙃🙃

SPOILERS BELOW!!

How'd you enjoy the spoby in last nights ep??😉😉

the kiss? great.
the shooting & car crash? not so great.

Comment thoughts??