Alone at prom

Toby's POV:

"Excited for prom?" Caleb asks me, sitting next to me at the lunch table.

"Not really, dude." I reply, glancing over to where the girl I have a crush on is sitting.

"Come on, man. Spencer has a date already. Wren is taking her." Caleb says, shoving my shoulder. "I can't get over her. I've liked her for 4 years now, since the 7th grade.." I tell him and he sighs.

"I know, but she and Wren are getting closer. Word on the street is that he's going to ask her out tonight." Caleb tells me.

"I can't let that happen. I just want to dance with her tonight. Just once." I tell him. "Good luck with that." He laughs, standing up and then he leaves.

I sigh, looking over at her, admiring her beauty from afar.

~~prom!!

SPENCER'S POV!

"Why isn't he here yet?" I ask Aria, glancing at my watch. "He's 30 minutes late." I tell her, looking around the gym for Wren.

"He'll be here. He isn't the kind of person to stand you up. Plus, he really likes you." Aria smiles, and I smile back.

"Plus, you're one of the prettiest people here, you could easily get someone else if he bails." She tells me and I roll my eyes as she giggles.

I wait around for another hour, and a tear falls down my cheek.

He definitely stood me up.

I leave the gym, because all my friends are dancing with their dates anyway, and make my way to the bathroom.

I begin to sprint as tears run down my face even quicker.

I bang into someone and stumble, but they manage to catch me.

"S-sorry." I mumble, wiping my eyes and continuing to walk.

"Wait!" The voice calls out, and I immediately recognize it. It's Toby, one of my closest friends.

"Are you okay, Spence?" He asks, running towards me and pulling me in for a hug. I shake my head, and hold onto him tighter.

"Wren stood me up." I say, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Hey, don't ruin your make up. You look absolutely beautiful." He tells me and I blush. "Follow me." He smiles, grabbing my hand.

He leads me into the girls bathroom, and locks the door. He sits me up onto the counter, and grabs a paper towel to wipe the running mascara.

"Thank you." I giggle, looking down. He then places a hand on my chin, lifting it up so he can wipe the remainder of the runny make up off.

"There, you're all better." He smiles.

We realize the position we're in, and Toby quickly pulls away.

"Um, I'm sure your friends are looking for you." He tells me, helping me off the counter.

"Yeah.." I smile, unlocking the door. "Your date is probably looking for you as well." I tell him and he chuckles.

"Actually, I came alone." He shrugs.

"What? You're such an amazing guy. You deserve to dance with someone." I smile, making him blush.