Aggressive

Spencer's POV:

I was studying upstairs on my bed, my work scattered all around me, when I hear a door slam downstairs.

"Spencer!" An angry voice yells. I jump, and my heart begins to race.

I quickly stand and run to the top of the stairs, peeking down to see my dad stumbling around, throwing things everywhere.

I begin to walk downstairs, and he sees me when I'm halfway down the steps.

"Come here." He orders, and I walk towards him, afraid of what he's capable of.

When I'm in arms reach of him, I close my eyes and bite my lip.

His hand then slaps my cheek, his nail leaving a scratch mark there. I raise my finger up to the scratch, and gently glide it over the mark.

When I pull my finger down, blood is running down my finger.

"Now go!" He yells, and I quickly run upstairs to my bedroom.

I return to my room and lock the door, scared he's going to hurt me again because he's drunk, and we're the only ones home.

"Spencer, I need you again!" He yells even louder, and my breath grows heavy.

"No, no, no, this can't be happening." I say, beginning to panic.

I grab my phone, and text Toby:

"I'm scared. I need you. Please come over." -S
"Climb up to my window, don't go through the front door.." -S

I lay my phone down, and pace around, hoping and praying my mother or someone will be home soon to stop him.

I hear loud angry footsteps approaching my room door, and I stand motionless next to my bed.

The doorknob begins to turn, but thankfully he can't get in because it's locked. He attempts to twist it harder, and breaks the doorknob off.

He groans loudly, slamming his fist against my door and I jump back.

I stay quiet, and then the footsteps travel away from my door and downstairs.

I trace my cut again to notice it's still bleeding, and look around for something to wipe the blood with.

While I'm searching, there's a knock at my window causing me to jump again.

I turn around and sigh to notice it's Toby.

"Spence," Toby says as I open my window. He immediately pulls me in for a hug and I begin to cry.

"As soon as I got your text I came as quickly as I could. Are you okay?" He asks, as I pull away and he notices the mark.

"What happened? What's going on? Why are you in here and why couldn't I go through the front door?" He rambles on with questions.

"Toby, my dad is drunk and hit me.." I whisper, and he holds onto my hand.

"I didn't want you to get hurt so I thought it'd be best for you to go through my window. Also, I can't clean my cut because he broke off the doorknob." I tell him, pointing to my door.

"Spence, I'm so sorry." He whispers, hugging me tightly.

"It's not your fault. And I'm sorry for texting, I just really needed you tonight." I sniff, and he kisses my head.

"Spence, you don't need to apologize for this." He whispers.

"Here, let me clean off your bed so we can relax and watch a movie to take your mind off of things, okay?" He asks and I nod.