Sleepless in Rosewood

Spencer's POV:

I sigh, and roll over for the twentieth time in the past 2 minutes. I check my clock to see it's 3:16 am. I close my eyes once more, attempting to drift off to sleep.

I groan quietly, and stare off into the darkness of my room.

It's Sunday morning technically, and I cannot get back to sleep. I don't think it's happening.

I throw my blankets off of me, I stand up and stretch.

I remove my tank top, and replace it with one of Toby's shirts that I keep here, accompanying the shirt is a pair of warm pyjama pants Toby gave me last Christmas.

I open my window slightly, and sit on the ledge, just admiring the quiet of the night, and letting some cold air hit me.

The cold air woke me up a little more, but I'm still exhausted. But I just can't fall back asleep.

I sigh, closing my window, and then sit down on the rocking chair Toby built me, and grab my phone.

I dial Toby's number, which I know off by heart, and call him.

It rings for a while, when Toby finally picks up.

"Hi." He says, his voice evidentially sleepy. "Sorry to wake you." I apologize, rocking slowly. "No, it's fine, what's up?" He asks, yawning.

"It's stupid, really. I can't sleep. I wish I could be in your arms, then I'd be able to sleep." I sigh, looking out the window as I speak.

"Me too, but your parents would never approve." He tells me, and I sigh. "I know, well I just needed to hear your voice, it calms me." I tell him, continuing to rock.

"Well, is there anything on your mind?" He asks. "Not really." I tell him, and he sighs. "I wish I could come hold you, and tell you how much I love you as you lay in my arms." He says, making me giggle.

"Wait," I say, stopping rocking. "What?" He asks, shifting in his bed a little because I hear it squeak. "Come over." I say, and the line was silent.

"Spence, that's risky." He tells me. "I know, but we can be super quiet, and I'll lock my door. You can climb through my window, park down the road, they'll never know." I tell him.

"Then you can hold me, whisper in my ear, and I can lay peacefully in your arms." I continue. "Also we both know we sleep better together." I say, and he laughs.

"What about tomorrow morning? We'll end up sleeping in because we're up now." He says. "Both my parents have to leave like 7 this morning, and won't be back until 8 or something that night." I say.

The line was silent for another minute, when I hear Toby sigh, and get out of bed. "Alright, I'll be there soon. Watch out for me, I'll get the ladder we keep in your yard and climb up." He says, and I smile to myself.

"Okay, also we'll have to be very quiet." I say, and he laughs. "I think it'd be easier then for you to come here, because I don't know how you'll manage to stay quiet." He says and I giggle.

"Shh, you're making me laugh." I say, putting my hand over my mouth to contain the laughter. "You know I'd much prefer that, but sneaking out would be even harder." I remind him.

"Anyway, I'm leaving now. I love you." He tells me. "I love you too, see you soon." I whisper, before hanging up.

I quickly walk over to my door, and lock it quietly, so no one can come in and catch us.

About 10 minutes later, I notice Toby grabbing the ladder, and lining it up with my window. I quietly open my window, and stick my head out to see he's climbed halfway up already.