Restless

Spencer's POV:

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I slept.

It's been days.

I'm over tired, but can't get myself to sleep. Almost as if I'm in a trance.

This is all due to school. We have exams coming up, and all I've done is study non stop. It's nearing Christmas break, so my parents are gone on a short vacation until my exams are over, Melissa included.

I've had the house to myself for a few days, and I have another week or more left all alone.

I type quickly, writing up my Chemistry study guide for midterm exams. I mumble words to myself, and my phone rings.

I ignore it, and feel determined to finish this study guide, even though it's 1:00 AM on a school night.

My phone rings again, so I sigh out of frustration and answer it.

"Yes?" I ask, in an annoyed tone.

"Hi, Spencer. I was just wondering what time you wanted me to pick you up tomorrow?" Toby says in his sweet voice.

Immediately my mood lightens a little, and my heart begins to pace.

"Whenever is fine with me." I say, smiling to myself.

Ever since Toby and I met 3 years ago, I've been kind of, sort of, madly in love with him.

He's had a few girlfriends, but none that lasted longer than a month.

Me on the other hand, well, I've never dated someone before.

"I'll be there 7:45. Sleep well, Spence." He says happily, and I smile to myself after hanging up.

~~7:40 AM

I stayed up the entire night making study guides for my courses, and started getting ready around 7:00 AM. I've been that overtired and stressed, I haven't showered in what feels like days.

I braid my hair so it doesn't look messy, and put together an outfit that doesn't draw attention to my extremely tired looking face.

Toby knocks on the door, and I welcome him inside.

"You look like crap." He says immediately and I give him a little smile.

"I feel like it, too." I reply, putting my bag over my shoulder.

"I figured you'd sleep wonderfully with the house to yourself." He tells me, as we leave my house and I lock the door behind us.

"Uh, not really.." I mumble, and he stops me.

"What? Are you scared home alone?" He smirks, making me blush. "Because I can sleepover with you.. maybe even in your bed." He flirts, winking at me and continues to walk towards his truck.

I catch up to him, and lightly shove him while I giggle.

We get into his truck, he starts it, and then we drive to school.

~~

The day passes by slower than normal. I feel like passing out.

I'm barely eating and sleeping, and my personal hygiene sucks.

I need help. But the stress has consumed me, and I can't escape it myself.

Toby and I sat away from our friends at lunch, and as he eats his sandwich he notices me staring off into nothing.

"Spence?" He asks, waving his hand in front of my face. I jump a little, and smile to him for a short moment.