Work

Spencer's POV:

"Spence, want to sleepover? All the girls are!" Hanna exclaims. "Sorry, but Toby and I have to open up the store tomorrow." I say and she frowns.

Now that it's summer, my parents are forcing me to get a job, so they thought: 'what's better than working at a small corner store with someone from your school?'

She called the owners and almost immediately got me a job.

To make this even better, Toby Cavanaugh works there. Over the summer I seen him at parties, and we sort of fooled around.

We hooked up one night at his place, but my friends never found out. Thankfully. I wouldn't hear the end of it.

"Ooh, Toby the hottie." Aria giggles and I blush. "Stop." I say, rolling my eyes. "He isn't that hot." I say, my cheeks turning redder.

"Oh my god, do you have a thing for him?" Aria exclaims excitedly. "No, and I got to go. I need to meet him at the store 7:30 am because I have the keys." I tell them.

I exit Hanna's house question free, and go straight home. When I park my car and go inside, my phone rings.

I smile when I see the caller ID.

"Hi." I say with a smile.
"Yeah, hi." He replies.
"I was thinking that tomorrow is going to be boring, because you know how bad opening up on a week day is, so I was going to bring in some movies for us to watch." He says, which makes me smile.
"That sounds great." I tell him.
"I'll bring your favourite movie." He tells me, and I blush slightly.
"I didn't tell you my favourite movie." I giggle.
"It's kind of obvious. I guess I'll see if I'm right tomorrow." He says, and I bite my bottom lip.
"Goodnight, Toby." I giggle, and he says goodbye and we hang up.

Tomorrow is definitely going to be more interesting than the past few weeks.

--7:30 AM--

Ever since we got out of school, Toby and I have worked 7 days a week, and our shifts varied. Today we need to open and close, meaning the owners can't stop by to help us today.

Opening is so boring because there usually isn't any business until 11 or so, if you're lucky.

On Monday mornings usually you don't see someone until 12:00-12:30.

This is going to be a long day.

I get out of my vehicle, and spot Toby standing next to the main door. He waves to me, and I give him a small smile.

"Good morning." He smiles. "Yeah, good morning." I reply, unlocking the door and we walk inside.

"So, we have a long time doing nothing today. What movie did you bring?" I ask him, standing behind the counter, and he stands across from me.

"Well, I brought movies." He smirks, making me giggle. "Alright, what ones did you choose?" I ask him.

"Well, all my decisions were based on what you loved," he says with a smile and I blush. "I have mamma mia, forrest gump, and grease." He smirks a little, making me smile.

"Wow. Three of my favourite movies with one of my favourite people. Sounds like a perfect day." I say, smiling wide.

Once we finish all the movies, that takes about 5 hours and 30 minutes, it brings us to 1:00. And we still haven't had one single customer.

"Wow, slow business today." I say, glancing at the door and back to him. "Yeah. We've been here alone since 7:30." He says, looking into my eyes, and then down to my lips.

He leans in to me, and connects our lips. I pull back slightly, and when I see the look in his eye, it no longer shows innocence.

To be fair, neither does mine.

He takes my hand, leading me through the small store to the surveillance room.

He locks the door, and then pushes me up against it gently. His hands move to my waist, pulling my body into his.

"Toby.." I whisper, his lips slowly kissing my neck. "Don't stop." I say, biting my lip as he continues to kiss my neck.

I look at the security cameras, and notice there are now a few people in the store, looking around for some items.

My eyes widen, and I push Toby back a little. "We have customers." I grin, kissing his cheek, and exiting the surveillance room immediately.

Minutes later Toby joins me out in the store, and smiles at the customers.

They buy what they need, then head out again, leaving Toby and I alone.

"So, want to finish what we started?" He smirks, and I nod. He kisses me, but I drag him back into the surveillance room, so we have a little privacy.

"How much longer until closing? Because after our shift we can go back to my place.." He says with a mischievous smile, making me smirk ever so slightly.

"We close in.. 4 hours." I say, and he groans. "Can't we just close up early? This place is so empty. And boring." He says and I giggle. "We have to come back everyday this week, you realize." I tell him and he groans again, making me giggle.

"But now we found an activity we both enjoy.." I tell him, and this time he smirks. "Can you show me again? I seem to have forgotten.." He says, raising his eyebrow ever so slightly.

I reconnect our lips, and wrap my arms around his shoulders as we kiss. "Work is amazing." I tell him, and he laughs lightly.

~~closing time!!~~

After a long, boring shift, Toby and I finally get to close up the shop. We're going to order a pizza and then head back to his place seeing it's 6:00.

I lock the doors, and look to see Toby's in his vehicle. "Come with me. We'll stop by for your car later." He says as he puts his window down. I smile, putting my keys in my pocket and sitting in the passenger seat.

We drive back to Toby's, one of his hands holding mine and the other on the steering wheel.

We ended up picking up some pizza beforehand rather than ordering, and now we're sitting on his couch just eating and watching Friends.

Once we both finish eating, Toby looks at me with a smirk, and I feel my cheeks redden. "All I can think about is kissing you again." He tells me, his voice a little louder than a whisper.

"Me too." I reply, and I lean in closer. I wrap my legs around his front, sitting on his lap with my hands in his hair as we kiss.

"So, should I bring movies tomorrow, or will we stick to this?" He asks with a grin, so I roll my eyes and giggle.

"I think you know the answer to that." I say, smiling wide.

•••

Another BuzzFeed thing ha

Comment thoughts???