Alone

*some dialogue & the idea is loosely based off of a mondler scene in 3x06, the one with the flashback (friends!)

Spencer's POV:

Flashback

"Spencer Jill Hastings. Tell me you aren't seeing that boy still." My dad yells, slamming his hand against the island, making me jump.

"Dad, I-I love him. Please don't yell. Mom?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Spencer. Don't." She says, rolling her eyes. "Mom, dad, please. Just give him, us, a chance. I love him. He makes me so happy. I can't live without him." I beg, holding onto Toby's hand.

"I don't care, Spencer. I want you safe. And he doesn't keep you safe. At all." She yells, and my vision blurs due to the incoming tears

"That's the thing. He does keep me safe. He's so damn protective. Sometimes more than I'd like. But it's for my own safety. I'm glad he's over protective, because I can trust he'll never let something bad happen to me!" I exclaim.

"Either him, or being a Hastings." My dad says, and I feel my heart break.

"W-what?" I ask, unable to form sentences.

"Either you continue to make the Hastings name look good, by not dating this fool, or you date him. And you leave. For good." My dad says, folding his arms.

I look at my mom, who stands looking just as angry as he is.

"You can't do that." I tell him and they both nod. "We just did. We know your choice. Just leave." My dad says, beginning to raise his voice again.

End of flashback

About a week ago, my parents found out that Toby and I chose to continue dating, even though they were one hundred percent against us.

That's when all hell broke loose.

There was yelling, screaming, swearing, and it ended up with them kicking me out of my home, regardless of the fact that I'm still 17.

I'm just facing the fact that I'm going to be alone forever. No family to support me. Ever.

My family hates me. They always have, and now they finally had a reason to get rid of me for good.

Luckily I have someone amazing in my life that loves me unconditionally. His name is Toby Cavanaugh.

He insisted that instead of staying with a friend, I should stay with him. So then he can always keep an eye on me if anything were to happen.

He's so damn protective. I love that about him.

Toby doesn't have a spare room in his loft, so we have to share his room. The loft isn't our ideal place to be living, but it's affordable and we have a roof over our heads.

I turn off the water to the shower, step out and grab a towel.

I begin to dry off, when I heard the front door open and close.

"Spence! I'm going to hang with Caleb. Just grabbing some beer before I leave." He yells from the kitchen.

"Alright!" I yell in response.

There wasn't an answer.

Maybe he's gone?

I let a tear slip down my cheek, and make my way from the bathroom to the bedroom, just wearing a towel.

Soon enough, the quiet tears turned into sobs.

"Spence? Are you okay?" The voice caught me by surprise. "I'm fine. Don't worry. Just taking this whole thing hard." I sigh, biting my lip.

"Hey, don't cry." He whispers, laying his drinks on the kitchen table and bringing me into his arms for a hug.

I place my head against his chest, trying not to cry.

"You are my favourite person in the whole world, did you know that? And you're the most beautiful." He whispers, kissing my cheek a lot making me giggle.

"Hey, how about I don't go out with Caleb and you and I cuddle for the night in bed and watch movies?" He asks, looking into my eyes.

"Sounds perfect, but I don't want to be that girlfriend that doesn't let her boyfriend hangout with other people." I say, looking at my feet.

"You aren't, Spence. I want to hangout with you. And make sure you're happy. You're happiness means so much to me." He smiles, kissing me.

Once I pull back, his lips are against mine shortly after.

"I just became aware that I'm just wearing a towel." I giggle, and he kisses my forehead.

"Okay, okay, get dressed so we can watch movies. Let me cancel on Caleb." He smiles, and I walk into his, our room.

I take off my towel, and begin searching through Toby's closet for a shirt of his to put on.

First I put on my bra and panties, and I continue the search for the shirt around his room.

He walks in a few minutes later, smirking when he sees me.

"I've been looking for that shirt everywhere!" I exclaim, pointing to the one he had on.

"It's my favourite." I say with a small smile. "I know." He smiles back, "that's why I wore it." Then it was my turn to smile.

I walk over to where he's standing in the doorway, and kiss him. "Okay, you can't just kiss me while you look so perfect, it drives me crazy." He whines, kissing down my cheek to stop himself.

"I know, that's why I do it. Just to drive you crazy." I whisper, kissing him again. "So, can I have your shirt?" I ask with a smile.

"How could I say no to you?" He grins, pulling off his shirt and handing it to me. I pull it on over my head, and then bring him over to his bed.

"How about instead of watching movies, we just lay in each other's arms until we get tired?" I suggest, and he nods.

I lie in his arms and he strokes my hair until my eyes grow heavy.

"I hope you know that I love you. I love you more than all the stars in the sky. You're my everything. I'm so happy to have you. To love you. To live with you." He whispers, making me blush.

"Thank you for taking care of me." I tell him, wrapping myself around him tighter.

"Spence, I'll never let anyone hurt you. Don't ever feel alone, alright? You're never alone. Not even for a second." He whispers, kissing my cheek.

•••

This sucked I had such a better idea but that turned out so much worse

Comment thoughts???

Also peep 5x05 spoby :')