Surprise

Prompt: Spencer finds out she's pregnant and has to tell Toby.

Spencer's POV:

I sit on the bathroom floor in Toby's loft shaking and crying. I run my hands through my hair and take another glance at the test I'm holding in my hands. 2 straight lines are present on the tiny screen. How could this of happened? We were so careful. We didn't intend for this to happen. My life is turned upside down, and I don't know how to tell the father; Toby. I lean my head against the door and clench onto the test tighter.

Toby will be home in about an hour from work, so I need to tell him this today, this can't wait. He's not the kind of guy to yell or hit, that's not what scares me. I'm scared that he'll leave. Because if he leaves I'm a pregnant 17 year old taking care of a baby herself. After I tell Toby I have to tell my parents, even if it means getting disowned. I'm better than this. I'm Spencer Hastings. I don't go to parties, I don't get drunk, I don't have sex all the time.

Toby and I are careful. We took our relationship slow and last night, we thought it was time to go to third base. How could I let our protection break? I know this isn't my fault but somebody needs to take the blame here. "Spence?" I hear a voice call. "It's me babe, they let me off early." He exclaims. I wipe my eyes to make it look like I wasn't crying. "Hey babe, give me a minute I just came in!" I say sounding happy. I quickly dispose of the test, take one last look in the mirror and paint a smile on my face.

I happily leap into his arms and let him hold me tight, it could be our last meaningful hug for...ever. We pull back and I press my lips against his, moving my hands from his shoulders to his hair. "Mm, is everything alright Spence?" He asks and it takes me by surprise. "W-why wouldn't it be?" I respond nervously. "It's weird, usually I'm in control of our kissing." He grins and I do too, out of relief of course. I nod and he presses his lips against mine. "How was your day?" He asks spinning me around and picking me up. I giggle as he sits on the couch with me in his lap.

"It was okay thanks, how was work?" I ask him as he plays with my curly hair. "It was alright, but it would of been better spent home with you. I'm sorry I had to leave so early this morning, especially after what we did last night.." He smirks. "Yeah about last night.." I mumble, what's a better time than this? He brought it up himself. "Was I okay?" He asks concerned. "Toby, something happened.." I say putting my head down. "Go on.." He says. "Well, I think our protection...broke." I tell him.

"How do you know?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Did it feel off?" He asks. "Toby... I don't know how to say what I want to say. Here it goes.. Toby last night when it broke, um, you got me...pregnant." I struggle to say as I stand up. I look up a little and he's staring at me with wide eyes. "Are you okay?" He asks in the most sincere voice I've ever heard. "I-I guess so. I'm growing someone inside of me, Toby." I tell him. "Come here." He says reaching his hands out to me and I take them.

He pulls me on his lap and places his hands on my bump-less stomach. "What do you want to do?" He asks me. "I don't know. I don't want to...have an abortion, that's cruel. I don't know if I'm ready for a child though. I'm 17 and in high school, you're working most of the time, what about financial care? Plus my parents won't want anything to do with the baby." I exclaim and a tear falls down my cheek. "Spencer, I promise, whatever happens, I'm here the whole time. I'm never leaving you, I can't. I got you pregnant." He says almost ashamed.

"This isn't all your fault. I gave you my consent, and something happened. We can work this out together." I smile kissing his cheek. "We need to book doctors appointments now." He says stroking my hand with his thumb. "What now?" He asks with a smug smile. "I..we, need to tell my parents." I say curling up in his lap. "It'll be okay babe, if they get mad you can always hide in your room, and visit me a lot. That's the worse they can do, you're 17." He reassures me and I nod. "Let me call them." I tell him standing up to retrieve my phone.

"Hey mom, are you guys busy?" I ask nervously. "No, why honey?" She asks me. "Toby and I wanted to tell you something." I answer back. "Come on over!" She exclaims happily. "Be there in 10." I say and hang up. "Let's go." I smile waving him up. He grabs his keys and we walk outside to his truck. He opens the door for me and then gets in on his side. "This'll be okay." He smiles squeezing my hand. I kiss his cheek and we drive to my house. When we get there we welcome ourselves inside and walk to the living room.

"Hey mom, hey dad!" I exclaim hugging them. "Hello Mr and Mrs. Hasting's!" He says shaking their hands. "What did you need to tell us?" My dad asks us, wrapping an arm around mom. "I..um, would you like to sit down?" I ask taking my mom's hand. "It's fine, is everything alright?" She asks. "Here's the thing...mom, I'm. I'm-I'm pregnant." I say putting my head down. The silence is broken when my dad speaks up. "Spencer Hastings, tell me you're lying!" He shouts.

"Dad I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen." I exclaim. "Why would you do this?" He asks in a loud tone and I hesitate to respond. "Why?" He asks even louder. "Dad, I love Toby." I mumble. "I can't even look at you, get out." My mom speaks up. "But-" I say before my dad interrupts. "Don't come back, Spencer." He says furrowing his eyebrows. "Dad I'm only 17! I have no where to stay." I whisper as a tear falls down my cheek. "That's not my problem anymore, is it?" He replies angrily.

"Mr and Mrs. Hasting's." Toby speaks with a gentle voice. "I'm sorry this is happening. I didn't intend for this either. But I'm gonna be there for Spencer. I'm going to be a good father, I was going to ask her to live with me on a romantic date I had planned, but you've ruined that by lacking one thing. Being good parents." He tells them taking my arm and leading me back to his truck. "Thank you." I tell Toby when we reach his truck. Before we get in he wraps his arms securely around me and kisses my forehead.

"You're always safe with me baby." He whispers.

This sucked but I didn't post cause I was on a trip and then my ideas sucked soooo here's an okay one

Comment thoughts??