Cheated

Toby's POV!!

"I still can't believe you're pregnant, Yvonne. I'm so excited for our family to begin. We're going to be the best parents." I tell Yvonne, my girlfriend of about 2 years.

She gives me a little smile, and I hold her hand.

"You're only about 2 months along, but you're showing already. I cannot believe this is happening, babe." I tell her and she gives me another little smile.

"Well, because you're pregnant, and we've been dating for 2 years, I have something I need to ask you..." I tell her, pulling a black box from my coat pocket.

"Yvonne, the past 2 years have been surreal. I need you in my life forever. So, will you-" I begin to say, before she cuts me off.

"Toby, the baby isn't yours." She blurts out, and I freeze.

The first emotion I feel is anger. But there are so many more coming to the surface such as sadness, confusion, and pain.

"What?" I ask, dropping the box onto the floor, and falling to both my knees. "I'm sorry." She whispers, tears falling down her cheeks.

I sigh, putting the small black box away, and sit on the couch.

I bite my lip, trying to hold back any tears or yelling. "Yvonne.. how? When? What? Who?" I ask, very confused.

"I'm sorry." She says again. "Apologizing isn't going to help what you did. I'm sorry." I tell her, and she sits next to me.

"You know your boss, Marco?" She asks and my eyes widen. "Well, a few months back he dropped by to talk to you, but you were off with the other girls, Caleb and Ezra, so I offered him a cup of coffee." She said.

"And that led to sex?" I ask her, my tone becoming more angry. "Toby," she begins to say and I cut her off. "No. Please, explain this. Now." I say, running my hands through my hair.

"Well, he came in, and one thing led to another..." she mumbles. "He was really sweet to me." She says and I glare at her.

I roll my eyes, and shake my head. "I can't believe I was going to propose to you." I say, disgusted.

"Also one more thing..." she begins. "We've actually been seeing each other for the past 2 months." She says and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry, Yvonne. But we're done. I'm leaving. I'm getting my loft back, I can't live with you in your apartment anymore. I can't stand to be near you. I have to go." I say quickly, grabbing my coat.

"I'm sorry I cheated." I hear her mumble, before I slam the door behind me.

Spencer's POV:

I was curled up in a blanket watching a movie, wearing some shorts accompanied by one of Toby's shirts when there was a knock at the door.

I pause Forrest Gump, and walk to the door, the blanket still around me. To my surprise, Toby was stood there.

But it wasn't the happy Toby that I loved to play Scrabble with, watch movies with, or hangout with. It was the broken Toby that I hated to see.

"Toby? What are you doing here? It's 11:00 PM." I say, noticing his puffy, red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"Can I come in? I'm sorry, I had nowhere else to go.." he mumbles and I nod, pulling him inside. I remove the blanket from myself, and wrap it around his shoulders, hugging him to the best of my ability.

I sit him down on the couch, and place my hand on his knee, slowly rubbing it.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, stroking his cheek. "It's Yvonne." He mumbles, and my heart begins to race. "What about her, Toby?" I ask and he sniffles, tears threatening to spill once again.

Before anything else was said, Toby began to sob. This is the first time I've seen him this way: broken. I've seen him sad a few times, but none as bad as this.

He reached his breaking point, I guess. He held everything in, and this was just the thing to break him externally.

"Shh." I whisper, rubbing his back and pulling him in for a hug. He cries into my shirt, pulling me in closer. "You're okay, you're safe." I whisper, and he sniffles, pulling back from the hug.

"It isn't mine." Toby says, and lets out another sob. "What? What do you mean? What's not yours?" I ask him, very confused.

"The baby, Spence." He tells me. "The baby.." he whispers, beginning to cry again. "She cheated on me. I was in the middle of proposing," he says and my heart stops.

Wow. He really did love her that much.

"And then, she blurted out that she slept with my boss, Marco, and they've been seeing each other since their 'one night stand'". He cries and I hold his hand.

"Toby, it's okay. I know you loved her, and not to sound cheesy but everything happens for a reason. This was meant to happen, so you can be with the one person who loves you most. The one person who would never hurt you, your best friend, your soulmate." I go on, and he looks into my eyes, tears building up in them.

"I love you. Forever and always." He whispers and I smile. "I love you too, Toby. Forever and always." I respond, giving him a hug.

"I'll always be here." I tell him. "I mean it, Spence. It's you. What you just described. You're that person to me. You're my soulmate." He says and I give him a weak smile.

"Toby, you just broke up with Yvonne, whom you've dated for what, 2 years? And you were planning to propose. It's too fast to start something between us." I tell him, holding his hand.

"I know, but please tell me you feel it too. Don't tell me it's one sided." He says and I smile. "Of course it isn't one sided. I feel the same way, but you need to slow down, not rush into this. It'll happen when it's supposed to. We're soulmates, after all." I smile, and he smiles back.

"How about I resume Forrest Gump so you can fall asleep to it?" I ask him and he nods. "You can sleep here on the couch, and I'll go to my room." I tell him as he lies down and I place the blanket over him.

I kneel down in front of him, and place a small kiss on his forehead.

"Forever and always, my soulmate." I whisper, and he smiles before closing his eyes and trying to sleep.

•••

OKAY OF COURSE I NEEDED TO MAKE IT REALLY SWEET FOR THEM :)

I miss spoby so much. :(

Anyway, COMMENT THOUGHTS PLEASE!?