Candle Lit Dinner

[this is set before Spencer finds out she's a Drake, so Veronica/Peter are her parents, technically adoptive, but she goes by Hastings cause that's all she knows of as of right now]

Toby's POV:

I transformed Spencer's barn into a romantic dinner scene. I cooked her dinner, I have candles lit all around the room, and of course I have flowers for her.

She should be home in a few minutes, because she's just leaving Hanna's. I decide to call her, and begin to dial her number.

"Hey Spence." I say when she picks up.
"Hey, Toby." She replies.
"How was Hanna's?" I ask her lighting a few more candles and turning the lights off so the room is just lit by candles.
"Really fun, thanks. I can't wait to see you." She says and I grin.
"Same here. I'm going to let you go, because you shouldn't drive and be on your phone." I tell her.
"See you soon." She says hanging up.

I grab the basket of rose pedals and throw them over the couch and leading into our room, then on the bed.

Everything looks perfect.

Spencer's POV:

I park my car out front, grab my book bag and walk behind our house to the barn. I notice all the lights are off, and it's dark. I open the door and I smile immediately when I see a candle lit room, dinner served on the table, and Toby holding roses in the middle of it all.

"Toby.." I smile dropping my book bag and shutting the door behind me. "Just a little something, for a special someone." He grins and I do too. He walks over to me, handing me the roses and I kiss him softly.

"Thank you, for everything you took time to prepare." I smile placing the roses in the vase in the center of the table.

I sit down at the table, and so does he. We begin to eat the meal he cooked, and have small talk.

"After all the years we've dated, I never get tired of these gestures. You're such a romantic." I chuckle with a smile and he smiles too.

Icontinue to eat, and feel him staring at me.

I look up blushing and just smile. "Toby, you're staring." I chuckle. "I know, I'm sorry. I never get tired of looking at you and your beauty." He tells me and I blush.

"Even after the endless compliments, you make me feel as loved as I did during our first date." I smile and he takes my hand.

"I love you, Spencer." He says and I take a sharp breath in.

"That's the first time you've said that." I say, a small smile tugging at the ends of my lips. "I know." He nods. "I love you too." I reply standing and leaning over the table to kiss him.

"That's the first time you've said that." He grins, repeating my words. "I know." I grin back, repeating his.

We continue to eat our meal and when we finish I thank him for all the work he's put into this special night that I'll never forget.

"I know I always tease you that you're a bad cook and that I'm better, but you did a hell of a job tonight." I smirk. "I learn from the best." He replies.

"Also, I practised making cookies." He says walking to the counter to grab a plate, and placing a pile of heart shaped chocolate chip cookies in between us.

"Wow, Cavanaugh, you never cease to amaze me." I say taking a bite from the cookie. "Wow, this is amazing!" I exclaim, crumbs falling from my lips.

"Last time I made these with you, you burnt half of them!" I say. "I know, I did a lot of practising." He says. "Trust me," I say taking another bite. "I believe you."

"So are you enjoying yourself on our date?" He asks as I reach for a second cookie. "Enjoying myself? God, I'm having the time of my life!" I exclaim and he laughs.

"I'm so lucky to have someone who would do all of this, and go through this much trouble just for one date, Toby. Again, thank you. I just feel as if 'thanks' will never be enough." I exclaim laying the cookie down.

"Trust me, you just being a part of my life is thanks enough." He blushes and I do too.

"Romantic." I tease, making him blush even more.

"On another note, did you do this to brag that you can cook now? Are you looking for a competition, Cavanaugh?" I smirk leaning back into my chair.

"I guess we'll have to find out, Hastings." He replies with a grin.

"I have a much better idea of what we should do, rather than compete.." I grin standing up and walking into the bedroom and lying on the bed.

Seconds later Toby appears in the doorway wearing a grin on his face. "Come here." I whisper with a smile and he slowly walks over to where I'm lying down.

He crawls on the bed and hovers over me, slowly connecting our lips for a kiss. "Do you want to?" He asks looking down into my eyes as he fidgets with a button on my shirt. I grin and nod, allowing him to unbutton my shirt.

^^you know what happens

Toby and I now lay tangled in the bed sheets, my head resting on his chest, and his fingers entangled in my hair.

"Thank you, for everything." I smile wrapping my arm around his torso, holding him in a tight hug. "Of course, Spence. You know I'd do anything for you." He says kissing my head and I smile.

How lucky am I?

•••

This was supposed to be cute but it's just cringey😩😥

Comment thoughts??