Instincts

~Fresh

Survive

Something in my mind was telling me what to do. It seemed so natural. There was no conscious thought to what I was going to do. I was no longer in full control of what I did, yet somehow I knew that this was what I wanted to do. As if I reached a mental state of primal instincts that didn't need to be acted upon, they acted upon themselves.

Autopilot Engaged

Hurt. Hurting bad, get somewhere safe. No place to hide? Find a body. Footsteps. Noises. Fear. Get somewhere safe. Host safe, get to a host. Open eye, get up, try to move. Can't move? Wait for host to come.

Someone near, looking. Host. Host good. Get to host. Someone grabbing, bad, host will hurt you, get inside. Move. Grab soul, soul good. You may now rest. For now.

Autopilot Disengaged

I felt like I just woke up from some kind of nap, I could hardly remember what I even did, I was inside of a body, but it hurt to move. Each tentacle I had corresponded with a certain limb, two arms and a leg, stung, barely functioning. They could move sure, but it took up so much more energy.

Everything was spinning, I got up, then collapsed at the burning pain of one of my legs. Everything was spinning more, my eyes could hardly stay open. I felt a splitting headache as I tried to get up again. After a few minutes, I finally passed out.

Autopilot Engaged

Someone here. Footsteps. Movement. Possible threat. Danger. DANGER. Get up. See where the threat is. Can't get up? Try harder. Someone here. Fixing mess. Moving around. Get out. Run.

Threat falls asleep. Start walking. Hurts to walk? Keep going. Teleport somewhere else. Good. New universe? No threats? Yes. Continue.

Autopilot Disengage

I woke up standing in a random universe, where was I? My legs burned again, as I fell onto the snow. I got back up, I guess I had healed as I slept, as I saw that large cracks had already begun to appear. I could walk around now, well, more like limp around. Despite the host's leg looking perfectly fine, each step ached. I never even bothered to remember what body I had possessed. Didn't matter.

I didn't have my glasses. They were gone. I began to panic a bit. I told myself to stay calm, just keep your eyes closed, and your head down when other people are around, you'll be fine. You'll get your shades later when this thing is done.

Something wrapped around me as I was thinking to myself. I shivered in fear as it squeezed me, feeling that with enough power it would break the bones in this body, but it didn't. It turned me towards it. Nightmare. He was not happy. He yelled at me for something that I didn't do and threw me with a great amount of force through a portal. I held my hands out to catch myself, but it wasn't any use, I had hit the hard ground with my skull. As I looked up, I looked at the host's hands. Sharp, almost claw-like. I finally remembered I possessed the Dust Sans. I began shaking a bit in fear, too scared to come out of the body, and too scared to stay. I had made a deal that I could have whatever souls or people I wanted, but the Dust Sans was Nightmare's to keep if he found out...

Nightmare noticed my panic and insulted me as I kept my head down. He began to chain me up like he usually did with the Dust Sans. Without my rad clothes and my shades, no one knew.

I heard someone walk in, they didn't say anything, as I tried to pull my head up, another wave of dizziness passed over me, I slumped back down to my restraints. I could feel their eyes staring me down. When they left, I opened my eyes, then another headache rushed over me, I didn't know what was going on, as I felt something else kick in, a voice that rambled on and on. It didn't really tell me what to do, it just was talking in some weird way. Saying a few words then stopping mid-sentence, then resuming with a completely new and also incomplete subject. It just kept getting louder and louder until...

I laughed, in that weird crazy way that the Dust Sans usually does. I'm not sure why, but I just kept laughing.

Nightmare was apparently less annoyed by this, probably thinking the Dust Sans went insane again.

Was I going to go mad in this body? I don't know and I don't care, I'm safe for now.

More things started to flow in my mind. Everything burned inside me, and it was all the more hilarious. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I didn't know what was inside of me now, but I can't care enough to be worried. At least until the Dust Sans comes to his senses, this was my special little form of torture, for both me and him. Welcome to your 90s Nightmare.