Fragment

~Fresh

As I read, I heard a portal open up, I freaked out and ended up hiding under a pile of papers in some kind of blind panic. I looked from underneath the pile of papers to see Geno. He sat down at his desk, looking a bit drowsy, ready to write notes again. I couldn't get out of here without a host, this may be my only chance.

As he was thinking about something, I lunged at him, this time I didn't miss, and I made it into his eye socket. I latched onto his soul, sure it was small, but it's all I have now. I tried to move Geno's hand, nothing. A bit odd, but I tried again, he moved his hands to write more notes, completely ignoring my attempts. Was this tiny piece of a soul even his own?

I kept trying to do something with this soul until cracks began to form. Geno got up and grabbed that machine I saw before when he transferred me into that shell of a body. He reached into his own eyesocket a plucked me out.

He threw into this wooden box, as he closed the lid, everything was completely dark. There was a large stack of papers, but I couldn't read a single word on them. I squinted to read the few words on the first page.

Jokes. That's all they are. He left me. In a box. With dozens of pages of jokes. I get them, but I can't exactly laugh at them. With a host, I can fake a laugh, but when you don't need to breathe and there's no need to fake a laugh... this may take a while.