Healing

~Host Sans

How long has it been? A day? A few hours? I can' tell. I could hardly even tell if I was conscious.

Everything began to grow more and more cloudy, but I refused to sleep again, I'd rather be the one to torture myself than Nightmare, so I used every bit of my body to stay awake. Every time my eyes start to close, I have to shake myself awake, yelling in my head that it's not worth it. There are times where I know the coast isn't clear because I get a quick vision of shadows and yelling as I begin to drift into sleep again, stay awake.

I saw through half-opened eyes that Dream was approaching me, I could hardly make out most of the features, but I think he was shaking a bit. He held something up to me, one of those cloths. Just like he did with Fresh previously, he wrapped the cloth around my wrist. I could feel myself calming a bit, it grew harder to stay awake in almost an instant. I mumbled aloud things that were hardly audible, but in my head, I was screaming "DON'T MAKE ME GO BACK IN THERE. I CAN'T, I WON'T, NO!" But I was too weak to even move, so I finally closed my eyes and drifted into sleep.

I woke up, I knew I had slept for a good while, but there was nothing. No visions, no nightmares, nothing. Just one moment to another. I was relieved to know that I could sleep for now, but I knew that the previous problems were still there, Fresh was still alive, and Dust was still trapped. That wasn't going to just up and disappear into thin air.

Geno approached me a few minutes after I woke up, he wanted to discuss a specific matter to me, coincidentally, it was about Fresh and Dust. He didn't waste any time telling me what he was thinking. He said that the best option for this matter would be to kill both of them. It made sense, putting Dust out of his misery and finally getting rid of Fresh so he won't torture anyone else, but there could be another way, right? I tried negotiating him, but it seemed like his solution was set in stone for him, like he was just telling me this to see some kind of reaction. Clearly, he wasn't looking for feedback or support.

A while after the conversation, I had fallen asleep again, this time when I woke up Geno was gone, he had gone to kill the two. I was about to get up and go try to intervene when Geno came back. There was one of those multi-coloured spears that Fresh would use penetrating his leg. Either I was too late, or he had failed in his attempt. To both my relief and disappointment, he had failed.

He re-coded himself, getting rid of the wound that was caused by that spear. He didn't say anything more, as he flopped into one of the chairs and fell asleep. I was about to go back to sleep as well, I had to catch up on the time I had missed trying to stay awake when I felt something grabs me and take me through a portal.