Determination

~Fresh
Things seemed to be going great so far. This has been the most I've eaten in the past month or so. It's been about two weeks without any interruptions from my host. This new soul must have a lot of energy inside of it, my host was so close to overpowering me this whole time, and now I can't even feel his attempts to get out. I can only imagine how much he's struggling to get out now. Although he can change my glasses' print, I don't think he's figured out much about them. Now I can lend my focus back onto other plans that I have. 

Other than finding more people, I've been wanting to take on a little challenge. Armed with some information that I picked out from previous conversations that I eavesdropped on, I decided I may have enough information, to befriend one of my biggest threats. I've picked up that his name is Error, that pixelated, dark skeleton from before. Now, I just need to find him. I haven't pinpointed the original location that I found myself in before, that place with no color, or sound, but it seemed to be a more difficult place to find. I must have been lucky the first time to find this anomaly in the multiverse. 

Not to mention the "wrong turns" that I've taken trying to find this place again. If you don't know where you're going, then you're bound to get into trouble, like me. There are a few, aggressive people in some of these universes. I'm talking people, and monsters that will fight me on sight. There were a few scrapes, but I was able to escape. Other times, I'd have to dust one or two monsters just to escape. Ya know, just have to be extra sure sometimes. It's rather easy with my host's attacks, usually, it only takes one or two hits for me to be done with this, distraction. It's also an easy way to clear my mind from fears, though from what I've gathered it's "Hella Un-Fresh" to be doing stuff like that, so I guess this isn't something I should do on a regular basis, at least, when there are crowds around.

A few people are okay, but large crowds, it's not really something I enjoy. Don't get me wrong! I totes love all the good kind of attention I get, talking to other people, but there are always others that notice the small things. The way my glasses shift into different words for a few seconds, how I get visibly fearful afterward. Those sideways glances, and whispers when I walk by, a bit too stressful for my taste. I always get the feeling that I'm about to be attacked, or revealed as my true self at some point, so I usually steer clear of these kinds of places, unless it's some rad party, I can't turn down an offer like that. It shows I've gained someone's trust, and that way I know that I will almost always have a new soul to possess immediately after the other perishes.

As I'm doing my regular thing, I stop for a moment, somewhere where there were no people. I loosened up on the down-low because I thought the host finally stopped trying, but what happened was much different than what I'm used to. I didn't know what was happening at first, it was some kind of burning pain, I stood there thinking it would just subside, but it didn't. It got more painful, I didn't know what was happening, was my host finally going to die? I checked his soul through my pain, it was perfectly fine, so what was wrong? I kept trying to figure it out, when I looked at my hand, it was dripping, like the body was melting. Oh no, I know what it is, and I need to do something quick.

On the inside, I finally saw that the two souls were very close to each other. I used my tentacles to try and separate them, the two souls burned bright, making it very painful to remove them. Once I saw that they wouldn't budge and time almost running out, I quickly ate away the other soul, I had to keep the original host alive. Once that was done, and the soul was shattered, the burning subsided, and the body went back to normal. Determination is a tricky thing with monster kind. If I didn't find out sooner, this body would have become a melted mess of two souls, with me trapped inside it as well. Not something I would want to spend the rest of my life as.

I still don't know that much about it, only that humans have it and it turns monsters into melting messes if they acquire or inject it into themselves. I've never really possessed a human for long because of it.

After my initial panic of almost dying, I calmed myself down, checked to see that the host wasn't damaged, and went on. Guess I'll have to get another soul on my next stop.