A Reason

~Host Sans

Geno came back again, he let me leave this place, maybe he found the parasite? He asked me if I knew where to go, I stopped myself. There were too many universes, I can hardly imagining finding mine. Even if he did find it, one of two things would happen. The human would have reset, and he would be replaced with another Sans, or if the human reset enough times, they may have forgotten about me.

I shook my head, finally realizing that I was at the moment after. After all of this, what comes next?

Geno said that I could stay with him until I figured things out. I teleported with him into his part of the void, with his notes and everything. He gave me regular clothes and told me to rest on one of his chairs. I sat in a rocking chair and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up in a dark area, nothing but the overwhelming feeling of dread hanging over me. A soul popped into view, I approached it, hand outstretched, feeling as though I needed to get to it. Something grabbed me from behind, but I kept going. More and more of whatever this was wrapped around me, I saw that they were multi-colored tentacles. Not like the parasite's but I felt the same feeling I usually got when I was possessed.

They began to obstruct my vision, the soul barely being visible. The tentacles then began to drip the dark ooze, almost resembling Nightmare, the feeling of being possessed still there. I began to feel like I was suffocating. I inched closer and closer to that soul, I began to hear voices, they yelled at me, begged me to "stay" Stay where? Why Stay? I finally got close enough to touch it, I poked it, it flickered, as the voices suddenly stopped as I was wrapped in the darkness.

I woke up, breathing heavily, it wasn't real. Another Nightmare. I had the same few since I was set free, yet it still left me uneasy. I couldn't really go back to sleep, I noticed something sticking out of Geno's wastebasket. It was a note. As I read, I immediately knew what it meant. It read:

"I got the other Sans too good for me and the person that you're trying so hard to save but bad for you."

It was Fresh, he got another host. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked up to see Geno. I asked multiple questions about the note, Geno was a bit confused by this. He checked the note, and he finally realized what I was talking about. I was so anxious and nervous at this point while looking, everything was just stacking up on me all over again.

He asked me why this was important, and I spilled everything, all of my fears and insecurities were out now, I was already shaking, but this just made me freak out more.

He was sincere, saying that he didn't want someone to suffer from something so small. He shared his own idea for it, let that thing have souls, but make sure it hurts no one in the process. I didn't want to kill the parasite anymore anyways, well, I wanted to, but I knew I didn't have the power to do it. I had accepted what was going to happen, but now, dare I say it, I was safe.