So Close

~Host Sans

Back in reality, voices talking, the words "just give up" echoed in my skull, just as they would even before all of this. I looked up for a moment, but only for a moment. I was back listening to myself, about to reach the end of my grief. Finally ready to accept that my purpose to be nothing more than a someone to use, a prisoner, a pawn in some bigger game.

I had been so close. So close to ending this constant spiral of trouble and deep sadness. I almost snapped out of it, I could've ignored it all, been on my merry way, not a care in the world, how foolish I was. There was really no more will inside of me, everything in my peripheral was just a blur, nothing but my thoughts visible.

Cracks forming on my soul again, guess that time has come again. If this truly is my purpose, as that other Sans had said, I don't know how to feel about it.

One part of me wants to just sink into that feeling of comfort that was my subconscious knowing that everything was already over. Sure it didn't seem comforting to most, but to me, it was something I could just fall back on. It never helped with my current scenario, it was more like a shell, where I can hide from the outside world and all of its trouble.

The other part of me didn't want to fall back into that shell, it wanted to be done. Finally, accept and either end it myself or just be the outsider looking in, sitting back in a place of infinite pain, watching as life goes on without me.