So Close

~Fresh

Some kind of dart gun, filled to the brim with black ooze lay in his hands. He didn't need to explain, I already knew what it was, just looking at it gave me a shiver of fear, and I knew what he was going to do if I didn't cooperate.

I spaced out, just staring at the black liquid, trying not to remember what it did to me. When I came back to reality, Geno was looking at me, probably wondering what I was doing. I told him the location, rather quickly, still a bit startled. I just wanted him to let me out. He left, and I was stuck there, waiting for him to come back either discovering dust, or an injured accomplice.

After a while, Geno came back, and to my surprise, with Ink, alive and well, great! Ink came up to me, his eyes dark, in that weird, blank, emotionless fashion. After what felt like hours of staring, Ink walked off, not saying a word to me, but clearly, he had a few things to say to Geno. I was "lucky" enough to find out what he said to Geno once he left.

He just rambled on about all the things Ink has done for me, that he forgives me. Sure I'll admit, Ink did stop certain people from killing me, but he was also responsible for trying to starve me. I'm pretty sure his rights level out with his major wrong, so I say I'm justified. Ink doesn't have emotion, he can't possibly. People can't be truly nice to me if they know what I am, all kind people will always want something from me in return. Whether it be a favor or letting them try to "help me"

"All we want to do is help!!" They all say.

I'm like this for a reason. I've seen my own mistakes and adapted, built up a lack of attachment. What they call helping, is working against my basic instinct. I'm just their little play thing, their own experiment to work on. They want to see what they can do to me, testing my boundaries, what I can and can't do. It's all a fun game. On every other occasion, I can say, they got what I think they deserved.

As I stood there, alone in my little thoughts and rambles, Geno opened the cage door. I had a strategy, and I guess I wanted to try my luck. As I was about to leave, I changed my mind at the last second and lunged at Geno. I took a jab at where his soul was held, I was pretty much an expert, it was a basic fact to know the exact pinpoint location of a soul, I hardly have to think about it. He dodged, but he bumped into that canister of black ooze, guess I don't have anything to be afraid of now. Sure, Geno couldn't be harmed by the substance, but it blinded him. I acted quick. Still, miraculously, Geno dodged a few attacks, while getting the ooze out of his eyes.

Eventually, I shot him down. He fell easily, I stood before him, I may have gotten a bit carried away afterward. I stepped on him, crushing something beneath. I drove an attack into his chest, where his soul lay, this was the hard part. His soul is so small, so the accuracy may have been a bit off. Nonetheless, he started to cough, clearly, I pierced at least a bit of it. I came in for another attack when someone tackled me, I was so surprised, I couldn't see who it was, they punched me in the face, and that was lights out.