A Close Call

~Fresh
After a week or so, things were difficult and the host seemed to be weakening at a lesser rate, but that means I'll be keeping this host for a decent amount of time. As I reached a place with no people to keep me from becoming distracted with my own thoughts, things got a lot more difficult.
My host was weak, but not as weak as I had hoped for. I lowered my defense for a moment and that moment made a huge difference. At that time my host was able to gain the upper hand. I had to let go as to not weaken myself any further. I stood before my host, now I had nowhere to hide. I had to fight. During a long pause, waiting for him to attack, I figured after that fight he put up he would be exhausted. I realized I didn't even need to worry as I had a decent amount of energy.

I keep waiting, rather than attacking, my host made a run for it. I went after him, but I was thinking, does he thinks he'll get anywhere? He's just wasting energy trying to run, it would have been much more useful, strategy wise, to attack. At least, if he put up a fight he would weaken me more than he would run. I caught up to him easily, when I leaped towards him I was able to knock him over with ease. Now he was putting up a fight. Now my energy was draining at a quicker rate. I'll admit, it was a bit of a struggle, but eventually, I possessed him again and grabbed a hold of his soul. I began to walk off to find more people again. Hopefully, this fight didn't interfere with my host's soul. Hopefully, my little experiment doesn't suffer from this, incident.