Spared

~Fresh

Only then when I finally confronted him, I saw how powerful he really was. He let out this low, long laugh, he for sure remembered me. He was talking to someone, a voice, a spirit, a half human like the other one? I just froze and stared. He got out one of his attacks, I managed to dodge and brought out my own attacks. He just started saying nonsense in between attacks. Then, he struck, an attack that hit the host's arm, it hurt a lot more than I anticipated. I looked for a moment to see that the bone all the way up, had been cracked. It stung, burned even, to move that arm, but I was so consumed by the paranoia and fear of dying a painful death like some of the other monsters, I just kept trying to attack. I was backed into a corner, and I wasn't getting out without a fight.

He ended up striking the other arm, this one hurting on a whole other level, it even echoed through my own body, not just the host this time, I actually felt more pain on my body than on the host's. I was so surprised from the feeling of that blow, that I wasn't paying attention, he was saying a whole lot of Un-Fresh lingo, and I didn't have the power to censor it. Again, more power than I thought. He stood over me with this menacing smile. He brought out another attack and drove it straight into my chest.

It was almost over, this would be how it would end. I was shaking, in my mind, I was contemplating pleading, begging for him not to kill me, but I didn't have to do that. He was about to plunge it in deeper, until there was this shift on his face, from some kind of sick joy, to shock. It soon was brought back to that smile. He threw me aside, telling me to leave before I die. I didn't hesitate in my state, I got the heck out of there.

I teleported somewhere, anywhere. I found a secluded area, no one around, I was in so much pain, my vision began going dark, but I willed myself for it to not go completely black, the fear of death still within me, not wanting to know what would happen if I passed out with a possibly vengeful host. Shaking even more, I couldn't take it, I lost control of the host. It seemed that the blow affected him, he gave into the pain and had passed out. I kept driving myself not to do the same. Seeing myself in my true form again surprised for a few moments. There was so much pain, I felt something trickling down one of my tentacles. I touched it and brought it into my sight to see what it was, blood. I've been in a skeleton body for so long, I could barely recognize it at first. I shrieked in fear, I wasn't used to feeling a lot of pain myself, and now I was bleeding. It wasn't too major, but it made me wary of that Sans, strong enough to bring pain to how my body, without coming near the eye socket where I resided.

When I was finally ready to get back into the host, I also wondered another thing. Why would the Sans, that, one, knew what I have been doing, two, wanted me to die, and three, showed no remorse, spare me?

Why? After everything else, why do feelings have such a hold on people that have them? Do they drive people in the other direction, drive them to spare, even after everything someone has done. Surely, one sacrifice of a soul would be worth it. I see no harm in getting rid of one extra monster to finish a job that would get rid of one of your biggest threats.

That's the problem. I don't see any problem in it. Why can't I understand, why is it easy for people to just, spare someone?

I just don't understand...