Ooze

~Fresh

Dream was able to sneak up on Nightmare while he was bragging, and shot an arrow through him. The bright tipped end of the arrow protruded through Nightmare's chest. The look of gears turning in his head, then the look of fear. His head turned frantically back and forth, as everyone just watched.

I watched as some of that dark mass started to melt off. It didn't look like a person melting, it was more like when you stick your finger through a fountain and create a gap between the water. The arrow, in this case, being the finger and the water being Nightmare's ooze.

I could see small glimpses of a normal skeleton, having a fearful look on his face. Through some of the ooze, I could see purple and black clothing, a golden crown with the insignia of a crescent on it, and a glimpse of his light purple, almost lavender eye lights.

He teleported away quickly as more and more of that ooze melted off, leaving a puddle of the stuff on the ground where he once stood. Dream approached and put the ooze in the jar, and it spoke. I didn't have to wonder anymore, this was not the kind of parasite I had in mind. It spoke in a deep, almost gravely voice, somehow even deeper than the regular Nightmare's.

It talked about how people need negative emotions to live or something, but I am living proof that this is not true. Everything else was nonsense and just didn't matter or provide any new information for me. While they were talking, some of Nightmare's minions or whatever they are had appeared, took away that jar of ink and Dream, and left just like that.

Geno stood there, maybe taking things in, and then left me alone so I could think to myself.