"Hey, I know this isn't my place to ask, because we're just friends, and this is more of a boyfriend or family concern, but are you okay?" He asks, and I pause for a moment.

"I...no." I whisper, looking down.

"Spence, what's going on? You've been so out of it the past few days. I'm here to help, always." He says, reaching over and holding my hand, making butterflies form in my stomach.

"I've been so stressed. I can't remember the last time I slept, hence me looking like this. I don't know when I ate or showered last, either.." I go on and he sighs.

"How about I take you home to clean up and sleep?" He asks. "That's the thing, Toby. I've tried everything but I can't sleep." I sigh and he squeezes my hand lightly.

"I'll come with you and help. I can stay with you until you're feeling much better. I promise. That's what friends are for." He smiles and I smile back.

Still holding my hand, he leads me through the cafeteria and out back where his truck was parked.

We get into it, and begin to drive back to my place. When we get there, I unlock the door and then lock it once we're inside.

"You go shower, and I'll make you something to eat. Okay? Then put on really comfortable clothes." He tells me and I nod shyly.

"Wait!" He calls out, and I turn around. He pulls his shirt over his head and throws it to me. "Wear this." He smiles, and I blush, walking up the stairs quickly so I don't stare at him.

I go into the bathroom, remove my clothes, and get a hot shower.

When I get out, I put on a bra, underwear and then Toby's shirt over it. It's a little big on me, but extremely comfortable.

I walk down the stairs slowly, and notice a shirtless Toby still cooking.

"You look better already." He smiles, turning around to glance at me. I give him a small smile in return, and he continues to cook.

"What are you making?" I ask, sitting on the bar stool. "Homemade chicken noodle soup. À la Toby." He smirks, and I grin.

He pours some in a bowl, and pushes it towards me. "Here you go." He smiles, standing opposite from where I'm sitting.

I take the spoon, and eat a little of it.

"This is amazing." I tell him, eating some more.

Before I knew it, I ate the bowlful of soup he had given me.

"Thank you." I smile, pushing the bowl away from me.

"Now. One more thing." He says, reaching his hand out towards me. I nod, taking his hand, and I lead him upstairs.

"So how are you going to get me to sleep?" I ask him, closing my bedroom door.

I watch him walk to my bed, and get underneath the covers. He then pats the spot next to him, and I sit down nervously.

"Here.." He says, pulling me in closer to him so we're cuddling.

He pulls the blankets over us, and I rest my head on his chest and wrap my arms around his bare stomach.

"Now, try and relax." He whispers, kissing my head and running his fingers through my hair.

I manage to relax a little, and I'm suddenly hit with a feeling of exhaustion.

Before I knew it, I was out.

~~~ the next morning

My eyes begin to open, and I look up to see a sleeping, still shirtless, Toby, in my bed with me.

We're still cuddling, and I'm also still wearing his shirt.

I check the clock to see it's 6:00 AM.

Wow. I slept for 17 hours. But, I finally feel rested.

I decide not to wake up Toby yet, because I don't know what time he fell asleep.

Around 7:00 AM, he shifts and I lay my head back on his chest.

"Good morning." He says, stretching. "Hi." I smile, sitting up. "You slept for a really long time." He laughs and I giggle.

"Yeah, but I mean I really needed it. Thank you." I say, and he places his hand on my cheek.

"You're welcome. I'm so happy I helped you go back to your normal self." He says, slowly pulling my face into his.

My heart is beating like crazy, and the butterflies in my stomach are making me feel sick.

Before I knew it, his lips were against mine, but only for a brief moment.

He pulls back, in need of air, but our faces still extremely close.

"Wow.." I whisper.

"I was not expecting that." I whisper, biting my lip.

"Me neither." He replies softly, his hand still on my cheek.

•••

No idea how I came up with this but 🤷🏽‍♀️

Comment thoughts???