I impatiently pace around the barn waiting for Toby, when I hear 3 knocks at the door. I open it rather quickly to see him standing there. I sigh and I feel a small smile tug at the edge of my lips.

"I came as quickly as I could." He says and I stare into his eyes. "You know, Spence. After all these years I can read you so well. When you told me you needed me, I heard the urgency in your tone. And looking at you now, I know something's wrong." He says to me.

"Toby..." I breathe, a tear falling down my cheek. "Remember 7 years ago, when you and I were sat by my fireplace? And I told you how I ran away, and nobody had noticed." I say and he nods.

"Well do you remember you telling me to call you if I ever felt the urge to runaway?" I ask him, and he stares into my eyes. He sighs and pulls me in for a tight hug. "Hey, it's okay Spencer. I'm here now." He says and I feel tears fall down my face.

I hug him tighter, not wanting to let go. I haven't hugged him in what felt like forever. I take in his familiar scent, it automatically making me feel much better.

Eventually we pull back from the long embrace, and sit next to each other on the couch. You don't know what I'd give to be back in his arms.

I'm dying inside sitting next to him.
I just want to lay on his lap, with his protective arms wrapped around me.
Just telling me it'll all be okay.

But it's not like that anymore.

The silence isn't awkward, thankfully. His presence really calms me. I take a deep breath before turning to face him.

"I miss you." I mumble and he sighs. "Me too." He replies with a tight smile. "You know, sometimes I wish we could turn back time, and just relive high school. Well, relive us." I say and he nods.

"Yeah, me too. I miss doing crazy things with you." He says with a smile. "Spence," he starts saying. I know what he wants to ask, 'why am I here?' 'Why did you need me?'

The question he's been avoiding since he came.

"Why.." he says. "What do you mean?" I ask looking into his eyes. "Why did you need me tonight?" He asks. "I...uh, it's, been kind of eventful. You just, calm me. You always have. Plus I thought about your offer from 7 years ago." I tell him looking down.

Our eyes lock again, and his search mine, looking for a more clear answer. I should tell him why I'm upset, why I asked him to come so late, why I was crying my eyes out to the point where I couldn't breathe.

"I think Caleb and I are over." I mumble and I look away. I feel him move closer, forcing me to look into his eyes. "Why? You two seemed..happy." He says and I shrug. "I loved him, he liked me." I say and he nods.

"What happened for you to break up?" He asks. "Well we haven't officially broken up yet, but that's partially the reason I called you tonight..." I say.

"He cheated on me." I say trying not to cry. I look up into Toby's eyes, and I see anger. "He what?" He asks standing up. "When I get my hands on him.." he mumbles and I take his hand standing up as well.

"Toby, you don't have to do or say anything. That's not what I'm asking. I just needed you here." I say. "I know you didn't ask me to, but Spencer, if he has enough guts to cheat on someone as beautiful as you, then he doesn't deserve you. You deserve better." He says with his hands on my shoulders, and I smile.

That's when the door opened.
Caleb entered.
Toby slowly lowered his arms from my shoulders.

"Hey, Caleb." I greet him. "Were you crying? Your eyes are puffy." He says putting a hand on my face and I wince, pulling back immediately. "What's going on here? Did you hurt her?" Caleb yells turning to Toby. I can see Toby trying very hard to keep his cool.

"Did I hurt her?" He scoffs folding his arms. "What's that supposed to me?" Caleb asks folding his arms as well. "You hurt her, Caleb. She called me, crying, she could barely breath, because of you." Toby says moving closer.

Caleb swallows hard and says nothing.

"Caleb, I seen you and Hanna, having sex." I mumble and he looks over at me now instead of Toby. "Look I'm sorry, I didn't intend to hurt you, baby." He says and I scoff. "You disgust me. Sleeping with Hanna after me telling you that I loved you. And then coming here calling me baby." I say disgusted.

"Get your stuff and leave." I say pointing to the door, trying to keep myself together. "We're done." I say. "I'm not leaving." He says.

"Hey Caleb!" Toby exclaims, and Caleb turns to face him. That's when Toby raises his fist and punches Caleb right in the jaw. Caleb falls to the floor, but I rush to Toby's side.

"Are you alright?" I whisper holding Toby's hand as he stretches it a little while shaking it. Caleb stands up opening and closing his jaw, and pushing past Toby and I. He quickly packs his things before heading off without a goodbye.

"Thank you." I smile to Toby, handing him some ice to wrap his hand. "It was nothing." He shrugs. "Toby I have a question." I blurt out.

"Did you...ever stop loving me?" I ask him and my voice breaks. "To be quite honest, no. I'll never stop loving you, Spencer." He sighs looking down. "Good. Because I'll always love you too, Toby." I tell him holding his good hand in the two of mine.

••••

This chapter was actually long!!!!

I have another idea for a one shot too;)

Stay alert!!!

Comment thoughts ????