Chapter 238 Hong Changbo's so-called sobriety

The injured city is lonely, ruined, and suppressed by the breath of death, but such an atmosphere seems to be easily accepted in this apocalyptic world. Outside of these survivor bases, there is no such desolation, chaos and chaos everywhere. Lifeless?

The whole city is busy, and the collapsed ruins are constantly being opened by earth-type superpowers using their superpowers, revealing people who are lifeless or still struggling on the verge of death;

Search and rescue teams went deep into various buildings to search for people who were hiding everywhere to avoid the rain, or who fell into a high fever and became unconscious after being exposed to the rain;

The streets and alleys are filled with various vehicles and engineering equipment. Bodies scattered everywhere need to be moved, accumulated mud and debris need to be cleared, and damaged facilities need to be inspected, counted, and maintained.

The disaster has passed, but there are still so many people who want to continue living in this city!

At this moment, in the lobby of the city hospital, Hong Changbo was bringing people over to inspect the treatment of patients with high fever.

After the heavy rain in the Imperial City, the expert team of the city hospital also launched a special study on the heavy rain in the Imperial City. However, all the heavy rain samples they finally obtained from the Military Research Institute were used up, and they still had no clue.

Now the patients with high fever are really in front of them, and they have no other choice but conventional treatment methods.

Hong Changbo looked at Dean Song who came to receive him, and asked about the situation first: "Old Song, how are you? I heard that everyone who has been exposed to the rain has symptoms of high fever. How did you deal with it? Is there any effect?"

Dean Song glanced at the patients crowded in the hospital hall, and his eyebrows were almost twisted into knots. He let out a long sigh and said helplessly: "This virus is too powerful! Conventional antipyretics don't work at all. Many people with weak constitutions have already developed symptoms of organ failure, and the hospital’s emergency system is about to collapse!”

"How could this be? Haven't you been studying this virus? You don't have any way to deal with it?"

Hong Changbo had known that the virus was powerful, but it was when the imperial capital was completely raided and he was really helpless without any preparation. However, they had obtained the information and samples in advance. Was their work in vain?

After hearing this, Dean Song lowered his head in great shame, "Virus research is not a simple matter, not to mention the lack of sufficient samples in such a short period of time, which has caused our research to stagnate, so we have not yet found an effective solution!"

Hearing this, Hong Changbo pulled him closer, lowered his tone, and asked reluctantly: "Then you mean there is no cure, so just let them wait to die?"

"Well... people with good physiques and superpowers can still survive, but even if they survive, it may not be easy, just like those cases in the Imperial Capital! Ordinary people may lose the ability to take care of themselves, and superpowers may suffer damage to their abilities. Or even abolish it!”

"Me! You!"

Hong Changbo gritted his teeth but didn't know what to say. It was all because he had focused on the Self-Defense Forces during this period, and he didn't even think about catching him personally.

He couldn't hide his dissatisfaction and shouted angrily in a low voice: "So many people have been admitted to the hospital and cannot be saved. What can you, the dean, do? Ah? What can I, the mayor, do to explain to the people in the city? The statistics haven't been finished yet. There are tens of thousands of people!”