Spoby one shots

By petersprker

a series of Spoby one shots! *the older ones I find are more cringe-y than the newer/recently updated ones... More

Will you marry me?
Snow Storm
Chemistry
The Only One
Saying Goodbye
New Years
Anxious
Home Again
Hiking
Beach Date
Camping
Movies
Sick Day
Mother's Day
Surprise
Lazy Day
Father's Day
Found
Wedding Bells
Thunderstorms
Prom
Travelling
Caleb's Party
Happy Birthday!
Bullied
Chasing Cars
Meeting Her Parents
Summer Finale Twist! (7x10)
Jealousy
3x17 Strip Study Session
6x20 AU
I Still Love You
Treegan AU
Treegan AU 2
Trick-or-Treat
Halloween Party
Dream House
Movie Night
PTSD
Flashbacks
Positive
Meant to Be
I Choose You
Gender Reveal
Coming Home For Christmas
Christmas Gone Wrong
Christmas in Hawaii
Baby it's Cold Outside
Get Well Soon
Christmas with the Cavanaugh's
Christmas Party
Candle Lit Dinner
You Can Do It
Better Parent
Early Return
Trivia Night
Gone
Gone Part 2
You Got Her
Stood Up
Realization
Teacher
Finally Understanding
In Love With a Cop
Valentine's Day
Carnival
Tutoring
Pool Party
Help
Help Part 2
Finally Better
Family Dinner
Practise
Done
Sleepless in Rosewood
Bouquet
Sleepover
9 Months Later
7 Minutes in Heaven
7x11 in depth (Spoby)
Eighteen
The Date
The End
Plans
His Affair
The Proposal
Homework
Crash
Caught
Cabin
Second Thoughts
Fight
Haunted
Sleepless
Moving
Blind Date
Room Mates
Cheated
Skinny Dipping
New Man
Single Mother
Summer Romance
Comfort
Spoby 7x18
Divorce
Move in
First Kiss
Nearly Caught
Elevator
Plane
Office
7x20 Spoby
Father
Alone
Summer Job
School Trip
Summer Camp
Work
Bonus
Stay Home
Restless
Alone at prom
Aggressive
Café
Family Reunion
Blessing
Stay a while
Together forever
Kids
Accident
Spoby 6x07
13th birthday
Dare
Picnic
Tree House
Toby's Parents
French Tutor
Holiday Party
Thank you
Sneaking Around
What if
2:00 am: i miss you
Fuck, Marry, Kill
Gala
One Time
Break Up Sex
may i have this dance?
post-wedding
truth or dare
please read!!!!
SPOBY ELOPED

Promise Ring

488 31 22
By petersprker

got this idea from sam&quinn (glee, 2x08!)

Spencer's POV:

I'm sitting in an empty classroom, finishing up my calculus homework when there was a soft knock at the door.

When I look up, I smile to see it's my boyfriend, Toby, standing with a rose.

"May I come in?" He asks smiling and I nod. "Please." I say, closing my book.

"Here." He says, handing me the flower and I smile as I smell it.

"It's amazing. Thank you." I say, kissing his cheek and laying the rose next to my book.

"Spencer, I've had something on my mind lately. I really need to tell you this. It's been driving me crazy keeping it in." He blurts out, and I look into his eyes.

"I..I think I love you." He says and I sigh. "Oh," I say, laughing lightly, unsure what to say.

He walks closer to me, takes my hand and then gets down on one knee.

"Oh my god, are you proposing? Because we're in 11th grade, Toby. We aren't possibly ready." I say in shock.

"We've only been dating a few months. Please, stand up. You're freaking me out." I tell him and he grins.

"I want to marry you, Spence. Some day. Not now, not until you're ready. But until then, will you accept this promise ring? Cheesy, I know, but I want you to promise me that we'll end up together. That we'll get our happily ever after." He says, and I glance at the beautiful ring inside the box.

"Toby.." I say, shaking my head, still in total shock.

"If you accept this, the ring will symbolize my promise to you to love and protect you always. To never leave your side. To be there when you need me the most. To be able to be your safe place to land. And everything else in between. This ring symbolizes my endless love for you, Spencer Hastings." He says, looking into my eyes.

"I don't know.." I say, and he stands up.

"I'll tell you if you have food in your teeth, runny make up, if you need me to come over and cook you something, if you need me to lift something heavy for you, even if you need me to drive all the way across town to pick up something for you. Anything you want, this is a promise to say I'll always be there for you." Toby says with a smile.

(^Someone better get that reference. *cough* FRIENDS *cough*)

He gets back on one knee, looking into my eyes with a smile.

"I really care about you, Spence. And I want us to be together." He tells me and I sigh, smiling.

"Yeah." I respond. "I accept it." I grin, reaching my hand out and he removes the ring from the box, sliding it onto my finger.

I glance down at the ring, and then at him.

"You know what? I think I love you too." I respond smiling, and getting down to his level to gently place my lips against his.

•••2 years later•••

"What? So you're dating some slut now? Fine, choose her over me. I don't care. I don't.." I say, breaking down.

Tears fall down my cheeks as Toby and I argue in his apartment for the very first time.

"This is insane. I'm not cheating on you. I've been working late because I wanted to take you out for dinner tomorrow, it's our anniversary." Toby says, pulling out a lot of cash from his pocket.

My heart sinks, immediately feeling guilty for accusing him of such a thing.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't of-" I begin to say, walking towards him before he cuts me off.

"I'm calling promise ring." I say, and I look at him puzzled.

"You know, the thing where I call it and we stop fighting, and find a way to move past this problem. The ring symbolizes my love, and so much more. So, I'm calling promise ring against you. Whatever this is, it's done. Forgotten. I don't care. Nothing horrible happened except a misunderstanding. All I want to happen is for us to make up and move forward, because that's what this ring is for. To bind us forever. Work through the issues." Toby tells me, and I nod, wrapping my arms around him.

"I can't believe I doubted you. I'm such an idiot." I mumble, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Hey, don't say that, I was distant for a few weeks. But the past is the past." He replies, kissing me.

•••2 years later•••

"Toby, I have to tell you something. You're going to hate me, I know it." I say, looking into his eyes.

"I could never hate you." He whispers, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I place my hand on his knee, sitting next to him on the couch.

"Before I say anything, this time I'm calling promise ring." I tell him, and he nods, taking a nervous breath in.

"I took a pregnancy test. It's positive." I say nervously, and closing my eyes as I sigh. I feel his hand on mine, and then a gentle squeeze.

"I know this isn't ideal because we're both working, and your loft is so small, but-" I say but he interrupts before I can continue.

"Spencer, this is amazing news. I don't care if we live in a shoe, I want this. I want the baby. Don't even talk about getting rid of it because he or she is ours. We wanted to start a family. Sure this situation isn't perfect, but we'll make it work. Because we're Spencer and Toby." He smiles and a tear slips down my cheek.

"We're Spencer and Toby." I repeat, smiling.

~a few months after~

"Toby, I have a problem." I exclaim, panicking.

"Don't panic, it's bad for the baby." He says, putting a hand on my stomach and kissing my cheek.

"No, Toby, I lost it. I lost the promise ring. I'm sorry." I sigh, a tear falling down my cheek. "No, it's fine. That was some dumb piece of jewelry I gave you in high school. Don't worry about it." He says with a small smile, and kisses my forehead before going into our room.

I messed up.

About an hour later, I knock on our bedroom door softly and then open it.

What I see is amazing.

The room is lit with tons of candles, and Toby is standing in front of me.

He gets down on one knee, and opens the small black box.

"The promise ring." I sigh of relief, wanting to cry already.

He slowly nods, and clears his throat.

"Spence, I love you. I always have and always will. Despite our arguments, disagreements, and everything else, you're my better half. And you're my soulmate. There's no doubt in my mind. That's why I have no second thoughts in asking you this question: will you marry me?" He asks, and I smile widely.

"Yes." I sigh, smiling widely and kissing him.

•••2 years later•••

"Do you, Toby Cavanaugh, take Spencer Hastings to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Do you, Spencer Hastings, take Toby Cavanaugh to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband, and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

As soon as the words are spoken, Toby presses his lips against mine and the room fills with applause.

"You know, I could of gotten you an actual diamond ring, Spence." He tells me with a chuckle.

"No, that's not right. I think this is much better. The promise ring symbolizes our eternal love. Now, and always." I smile, kissing him again.

•••

Lol this sucked :(

But I got the promise ring idea from Sam & Quinn, and then the "calling promise ring" was from greys (merder / "calling post it note")

Comment thoughts???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 153 12
Just a bunch of Drarry Oneshots! Don't be afraid to comment or DM a request! Hope you enjoy reading :) DracoMalfoy x HarryPotter
42.1K 897 11
Basically what the title says. I hope you enjoy!
78.7K 1.5K 20
Welcome to my collection of Drarry one-shots! These will be fluffy (no smut). I don't have an updating schedule for this. I'd be happy to get suggest...
362K 4.7K 39
I just adore Dray and yeah COMPLETED Started: April 6th, 2020 Ended: April 11th, 2021 DISCLAMER: I don't own any of the characters, settings, and som...