Spoby one shots

By petersprker

a series of Spoby one shots! *the older ones I find are more cringe-y than the newer/recently updated ones... More

Will you marry me?
Snow Storm
Chemistry
The Only One
Saying Goodbye
New Years
Anxious
Home Again
Hiking
Beach Date
Camping
Movies
Sick Day
Mother's Day
Surprise
Lazy Day
Father's Day
Found
Wedding Bells
Thunderstorms
Prom
Travelling
Caleb's Party
Happy Birthday!
Bullied
Chasing Cars
Meeting Her Parents
Summer Finale Twist! (7x10)
Jealousy
3x17 Strip Study Session
6x20 AU
I Still Love You
Treegan AU
Treegan AU 2
Trick-or-Treat
Halloween Party
Dream House
Movie Night
PTSD
Flashbacks
Positive
Meant to Be
I Choose You
Gender Reveal
Coming Home For Christmas
Christmas Gone Wrong
Christmas in Hawaii
Baby it's Cold Outside
Get Well Soon
Christmas with the Cavanaugh's
Christmas Party
Candle Lit Dinner
You Can Do It
Better Parent
Early Return
Trivia Night
Gone
Gone Part 2
You Got Her
Stood Up
Realization
Teacher
Finally Understanding
In Love With a Cop
Valentine's Day
Carnival
Tutoring
Pool Party
Help
Help Part 2
Finally Better
Family Dinner
Practise
Done
Sleepless in Rosewood
Bouquet
Sleepover
9 Months Later
7 Minutes in Heaven
7x11 in depth (Spoby)
Eighteen
The Date
The End
Plans
His Affair
Homework
Crash
Caught
Cabin
Second Thoughts
Fight
Haunted
Sleepless
Moving
Blind Date
Room Mates
Cheated
Skinny Dipping
New Man
Single Mother
Summer Romance
Comfort
Spoby 7x18
Divorce
Move in
First Kiss
Nearly Caught
Elevator
Plane
Office
Promise Ring
7x20 Spoby
Father
Alone
Summer Job
School Trip
Summer Camp
Work
Bonus
Stay Home
Restless
Alone at prom
Aggressive
Café
Family Reunion
Blessing
Stay a while
Together forever
Kids
Accident
Spoby 6x07
13th birthday
Dare
Picnic
Tree House
Toby's Parents
French Tutor
Holiday Party
Thank you
Sneaking Around
What if
2:00 am: i miss you
Fuck, Marry, Kill
Gala
One Time
Break Up Sex
may i have this dance?
post-wedding
truth or dare
please read!!!!
SPOBY ELOPED

The Proposal

539 21 8
By petersprker

*part 2 of "Plans"!

Toby's POV:

Today Aria is taking Spencer out for a 'girl's day' so I can prepare to propose when she gets home.

She's taking her out to the mall to shop, the spa for a massage, to get their nails done, and then they'll be home around 8:00.

Aria and I have today planned by a very specific time table that Spencer is clueless from.

She has no idea what my plan is, and has no idea that I won't be working until 11:00 pm tonight.

I've been awake since 9:30 am, I'm so nervous for tonight. It's currently 11:30 am, and Spencer is still laying asleep in my arms.

I begin to play with her hair, and she moves slightly. "Mm, morning." She yawns, laying her head on my chest again.

"Hi, sleepyhead." I chuckle, and she gives me a tired smile. "Aria will be here in a few hours." I tell her, pushing her messy hair off of her face.

"What time is it?" She asks groggily. "Shortly after 11:30. She'll be here 1:30." I tell her, and she nods slowly.

"We don't need to get up, yet. I'm way too tired." She says, and I lightly laugh. "Why are you so happy?" She grins, attempting to stay awake.

"Just because." I respond with a grin equally as wide as hers. "Maybe you should get a shower to wake yourself up." I suggest, and she sits up, stretching.

"You're right, I really need to get a shower, do my hair and have something to eat." She tells me. "I'll make you breakfast while you shower." I offer, and she looks back with a smile.

She leans in, and kisses me gently. "Thank you." She smiles, gets off the bed and heads to the bathroom.

I hear the water switch on, so I wait a few minutes before getting up, putting on some pyjama bottoms, and making my way to the kitchen.

I prepare pancakes for the two of us, and bring them into our room on a tray.

About 5 minutes later I bring in the tray of food, Spencer returns wearing a towel around her body, and a towel on her head to dry her hair.

"Let me get dressed, then we'll eat." She tells me, plugging in her hair straightener and taking the towel off her head.

"Come sit and eat, you have plenty of time." I say, pouting slightly, trying to get her to give into me.

She bites her bottom lip, and sighs. "Okay, okay. Just because I can't resist that look." She smiles, sitting on the bed next to me.

I kiss her cheek, and place the tray in between us so we can share the pancakes I prepared.

Once we eat, Spencer quickly stands, in search of what to wear.

"You still have an hour and a half, Spence. Can't you spare some time for me?" I pout, and she rolls her eyes with a smile.

"Hey, no more of that look." She says, pointing to me. "I really need to get dressed." She says, and I sigh.

"Okay, go get dressed!" I sigh, laying down on the bed and she chooses her clothes.

Spencer returns from the bathroom 1 hour and 15 minutes later, completely ready to go.

She's wearing jeans, a tank top, her hair is dried and straightened, and even a little bit of make up.

"You look beautiful." I tell her as she walks over to the bed.

She turns her head slightly, hiding the blush.

I kneel on the bed, and reach my hand out to take hers. I pull her in closer to me and kiss her gently.

"If I'm not mistaken, you still have about 15 minutes to spare." I smile, checking my watch.

"I can happily confirm that that is true." She smiles back, kissing me once again.

I pull her down on the bed next to me, and climb on top of her as we continue to kiss.

About 15 minutes later there was a knock on the door, but neither of us really wanted to get up.

We continued to kiss, when the knock got more forceful.

"Spence?" Aria called, and we both sat up quickly. "Damn, has it been 15 minutes already?" I ask and she looks just as surprised as I am.

"Uh, one second Ar!" She yells out, fixing her outfit and hair. The two of us walk out to greet her with a smile.

"Toby you're still not dressed?" She asks and I roll my eyes. "Not like I have any plans, anyway." I tell her, through gritted teeth.

Spencer gives us a weird look, but I smile in return.

"See you tonight, I love you." I say, kissing her slowly. "I love you too." She replies, pulling away for a second before connecting our lips again.

"Okay, guys. This can continue later. We have a deadline to meet." Aria says, tugging on Spencer's arm, separating our lips.

"Okay, okay. Bye." I say, raising my hands in defeat. Aria smiles, linking her arm with Spencer's. I wave bye to her before shutting the door.

Now, time for the plan to unfold.

----later that day---- [8:00 PM]

SPENCER'S POV:

Aria pulls up into the driveway of our apartment, and gives me a grin. "See you." She waves, parking rather quickly.

"Aren't you going to come in for a bit? Or even see Toby?" I ask, and she quickly shakes her head. "I have places to be, you know? I'm a very busy woman." She says nervously, and I shake the weirdness off.

"Well, okay then. Bye." I say, shaking my head as I get out of the vehicle. I walk up to the apartment door, and notice she's staring at me.

I unlock the door, wave to her and she quickly drives off.

"Weird." I whisper to myself.

I then open the door, and put the house keys into my coat pocket.

"Hello?" I say.

No answer.

That's when I remembered something: Toby told me he's working until 11 tonight.

I remove my coat, laying it neatly on the couch and walk to our bedroom.

When I approach the bed I notice a note that says 'Spencer' on it with a little heart, clearly in Toby's hand writing.

I open the folded piece of paper, and begin to read:

Spencer,
I know you're probably confused, but in about 30 minutes, you won't be. Just follow the directions on every piece of paper until you reach your destination. Trust me, you'll know what it is.
Love, Toby.
(p.s: I may of lied about working late.)

I reread the note about a million times, smiling wider every time I do.

I grab my coat and car keys, and set off to the address that was in the bottom right corner of the page.

The drive was extremely short, there's no traffic here at 8 PM.

Note number one brought me to an abandoned park. But it wasn't any abandoned park.

It was the park Toby and I spent our first date together out of Rosewood. We went on the see saws, slide and swings, acting like children.

If I'm being honest, it was one of the best dates I've ever had.

I look around the area, and on the top of the slide I find 'Spencer' with a heart next to it written on a note.

I open it to find Toby's second letter:

Spencer,
I hope you remember this place, because I sure do. I know you're still probably confused to what this journey is, but I promise you'll see soon.
Love, Toby.

Again, in the bottom right corner there was another address. I get in the car, and head there.

This time it took nearly 20 minutes to get there, it wasn't very close.

I park my car in the parking lot to the restaurant, and make my way up the pathway.

This is it.

This is the destination.

Toby took me here for our 4 year anniversary, he told me it was his favourite restaurant here.

I examine the area, and smile to see note 3, the final one, on the ledge of the beautiful fountain.

I approach the fountain, and open the note:

Spencer,
You're smart, I'm sure you figured out this is the final destination.
But I bet you're still confused to why I made you come all this way.
Love, Toby.

I reread it for the second time, still very confused, when someone taps me on the shoulder. When I turn around, Toby is wearing a shirt and tie, down on one knee.

I gasp, smiling wide, and a tear falls down my cheek.

"I wanted it to be a surprise.." he smiles, and I wipe the tears quickly.

"Spencer, you already know how much you mean to me, and how much I love you. So I'll save the super emotional stuff for the wedding. Well, hopefully." He tells me, and I laugh lightly.

"You make me happier than I could ever imagine, Spence. You're my best friend, my girlfriend, and my safe place to land." He continues on, and more tears fall.

"Spencer Hastings, will you marry me?" He asks, and I nod my head, reaching my left hand out while I wipe tears with my right one.

His hand is shaking slightly, but he manages to place the engagement ring on my finger.

I look down at it, admiring its beauty.

I then kneel down as well, and bring my lips to his.

"I love you."

••••

Ahhh I updated!

Sorry for being inactive but I had 2 exams today, and I have 4 more between now / Thursday. BUT THEN I CAN UPDATE A LOT HOPEFULLY!!

I have over 15 ideas in my works that I'll hopefully update asap :)

I hope you liked it!!

Comment thoughts???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 3K 154
I love one-shots and wanted to have a go so here we go. Requests are open. If there are any content not appropriate for some readers, there will be...
41.9K 897 11
Basically what the title says. I hope you enjoy!
52.2K 1.3K 50
This is a collection of stories and headcanons which I occasionally write and post on my Tumblr. All of these are going to be one-shots but maybe som...
77.7K 1.5K 20
Welcome to my collection of Drarry one-shots! These will be fluffy (no smut). I don't have an updating schedule for this. I'd be happy to get suggest...