Spoby one shots

By petersprker

a series of Spoby one shots! *the older ones I find are more cringe-y than the newer/recently updated ones... More

Will you marry me?
Snow Storm
Chemistry
The Only One
Saying Goodbye
New Years
Anxious
Home Again
Hiking
Beach Date
Camping
Movies
Sick Day
Mother's Day
Surprise
Lazy Day
Father's Day
Found
Wedding Bells
Thunderstorms
Prom
Travelling
Caleb's Party
Happy Birthday!
Bullied
Chasing Cars
Meeting Her Parents
Summer Finale Twist! (7x10)
Jealousy
3x17 Strip Study Session
6x20 AU
I Still Love You
Treegan AU
Treegan AU 2
Trick-or-Treat
Halloween Party
Dream House
Movie Night
PTSD
Flashbacks
Positive
Meant to Be
I Choose You
Gender Reveal
Coming Home For Christmas
Christmas Gone Wrong
Christmas in Hawaii
Baby it's Cold Outside
Get Well Soon
Christmas with the Cavanaugh's
Christmas Party
Candle Lit Dinner
You Can Do It
Better Parent
Early Return
Trivia Night
Gone
Gone Part 2
You Got Her
Stood Up
Realization
Teacher
Finally Understanding
In Love With a Cop
Valentine's Day
Tutoring
Pool Party
Help
Help Part 2
Finally Better
Family Dinner
Practise
Done
Sleepless in Rosewood
Bouquet
Sleepover
9 Months Later
7 Minutes in Heaven
7x11 in depth (Spoby)
Eighteen
The Date
The End
Plans
His Affair
The Proposal
Homework
Crash
Caught
Cabin
Second Thoughts
Fight
Haunted
Sleepless
Moving
Blind Date
Room Mates
Cheated
Skinny Dipping
New Man
Single Mother
Summer Romance
Comfort
Spoby 7x18
Divorce
Move in
First Kiss
Nearly Caught
Elevator
Plane
Office
Promise Ring
7x20 Spoby
Father
Alone
Summer Job
School Trip
Summer Camp
Work
Bonus
Stay Home
Restless
Alone at prom
Aggressive
Café
Family Reunion
Blessing
Stay a while
Together forever
Kids
Accident
Spoby 6x07
13th birthday
Dare
Picnic
Tree House
Toby's Parents
French Tutor
Holiday Party
Thank you
Sneaking Around
What if
2:00 am: i miss you
Fuck, Marry, Kill
Gala
One Time
Break Up Sex
may i have this dance?
post-wedding
truth or dare
please read!!!!
SPOBY ELOPED

Carnival

557 26 8
By petersprker

Spencer's POV:

"Are you going to the carnival tonight?" Aria asks me excitedly as we walk towards our locker. "I don't know," I say, unlocking the locker and putting my books in there.

"Come on, Spence!" She whines. "You all have dates, and I have no one. I'll be alone the whole night." I shrug. "I can get you a date," she smirks, pointing to my crush, Toby Cavanaugh.

"Aria," I blush, lightly shoving her. "Come on, he wouldn't ever go out with me." I say, looking over at him talking to his friends.

"You won't know until you ask." She says, nudging me. "I can't, that's crazy." I say, and he turns to face us so we quickly turn, pretending we weren't staring at him.

We look back over, and notice he's approaching us. "Hey, Spencer." He smiles as he approaches us. "Aria, can we have a minute?" He asks and she nods, walking away with a huge grin.

My heart is beating out of my chest as I lean against the locker. "Follow me," he says grabbing my hand. I let him hold my hand, walking with me down the hall and he walks into an empty classroom.

"I was wondering if you could, uh, tutor me in French again." He says, shutting the door. "Oh, yeah. Of course. When do you want me to tutor you?" I smile, leaning against a desk.

"Tonight?" I ask him. "I think I'm going to that carnival tonight." He says, and I nod. "How about tomorrow? Or do you have a date?" I ask, laughing. "Ha, ha." He says in a mocking tone and I giggle.

"Tomorrow is perfect." He smiles. "Thanks." He says and I smile, "you're welcome".

I smile once more, before standing up straight, and walking towards the door. "Wait," he says, stopping me from opening the classroom door.

My heart is still beating so fast.

"Do you maybe want to go to the carnival with me?" He asks, and I slowly turn around. "Like, be my date." He says.

"Really?" I ask, and he nods. "I'd love to." I smile. "I'll pick you up at 6 tonight." He says and I nod. "See you later." I smile, walking out of the classroom.

I go back to my locker, to see Aria standing there with Emily, Hanna and Alison. "Aria told us, what did he want?" Alison asks excitedly.

"Well, he wanted me to tutor him in French tomorrow." I say, shrugging. "So you're hanging out with him?" Emily smiles and I nod.

"And, he asked me to the carnival!" I smile excitedly. "Really? I'm so excited for you!" Hanna says hugging me. "So you are going!" Aria exclaims and I laugh nodding.

"I gotta run, I have French." I say, waving. "Wait, what time should we pick you up?" Aria asks and I turn back around.

"You don't need to, Toby's picking me up." I smile. "What time?" Hanna grins. "6," I say. "I really need to go." I tell them, pointing to the clock.

"Spence, the carnival isn't until 8! You may be going on a date before the date!" Aria squeals and I put my finger over my mouth, gesturing for her to shush.

She covers her mouth with her hands and squeals again. "Okay, I'm leaving now." I say waving and walking off. I smile to myself, shaking my head as I walk down the hallway.

^^^^later at her house

It's now 5:50 PM, and I'm ready to go to the carnival. I'm pacing back and forth my room, waiting for a text from Toby saying he's here.

I continuously look at my outfit, my hair, my make up, my shoes, etc. Basically everything to make sure I look perfect.

Just as I go to look at myself for the millionth time, my phone rings. I pace to my bed, and find my phone laying under some clothes.

"Hello?" I answer.
"I'm here." Toby replies.
"Okay, I'll be down in a second." I say, and hang up.

I grab my purse, take one last mirror check and run downstairs. I open the back door, and Toby is stood there looking around at my house.

"Are you- woah." He says glancing at me. "What? Do I look bad?" I ask, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "What, oh, no. You look... wow." He says nervously.

"Thanks." I smile. "So, do you like pizza?" He asks and I nod as we walk towards his truck. "I know this really great pizza place close to the carnival." He says starting the truck and beginning to drive.

After a short drive, the two of us walk inside, and seat ourselves in a booth. The waiter arrives at the table a few minutes later, ready to take our order.

After we order, we need to wait for it to be ready of course, so we sit and talk.

"Thanks for asking me out." I smile, looking over at him. "Oh, it was my pleasure." He says. "I have to tell you something though," I say, and he leans forward, across the table.

"What is that?" He smirks. "I'm a kind of, sort of, terrified of heights." I say, embarrassed a little. "What? We have to go on the Ferris wheel though!" He exclaims.

"But I'm terrified of heights. There's no way you're getting me on that thing." I say, shaking my head. "You'll get on it, for me." He grins. "We'll see." I smirk, leaning back.

We talk for another while, and our food finally arrives. After a wait much longer than expected, we eat, and then head off to the carnival.

"You know, you didn't have to pay for the date." I tell him. "I know, but usually guys pay on the first date. It's a nice gesture." He smiles, as he parks his truck.

"Well, then, I insist I pay for the carnival." I tell him. "Sorry, I won't let that happen." He says, getting out of the truck and I follow him.

"You won't let that happen?" I say in a mocking voice and he laughs. "Damn right." He winks as we walk up to where we need to pay.

Before I can even get some money out, he pays the lady for the two of us and we walk in. "Ass." I smirk, and he looks over at me.

"So I'm an ass for doing something good?" He smirks, making me chuckle. "Yes, that's exactly what are you and why." I say and he just laughs.

As we walk around and chat, I feel his hand gently touch mine, and then he holds my hand. I look up to him, and see he's smiling, so I smile back.

We walk around the carnival, deciding what we should do.

"Let's make a deal." He tells me. "Yes, Howie Mandel." I smirk and he sticks his tongue out playfully.

"If I can win you that big stuffed koala over there," he says pointing and I look over at it, and back at him. "We go on the Ferris wheel." He says.

I think about it for a moment, and nod. "Sure, you're on, Cavanaugh." I smirk, shaking his hand. "How many tries do I get?" He asks, as we approach the game.

"2, that's it." I say and he nods. He attempts the first try, and fails miserably. I laugh, and watch him concentrate even more the second time.

Surprisingly enough, he actually won.

"So, I guess I know where we're headed." He smirks, holding my hand and I sigh. "Let's get it over with." I say, as we approach the line for the Ferris wheel.

"I'm going to apologize in advance if I hold on to you really tight." I tell him, as we stand there and wait. "Don't apologize, that's cute." He says and I grin.

"It's like those teen clichés you see, you know? Two teenagers who are madly in love go on a Ferris wheel, they're stopped at the top for a while. They look out over the city, compliment each other, and kiss." He says and I chuckle.

"Romantic." I sing song teasingly, and he blushes. "No, it's cute." I grin.

After 5 more minutes of being in the line, it was our turn to get on. I hesitantly step in first, while Toby sits on the side where the door is. We immediately start to move and I close my eyes, gripping onto the handle.

"Hey, you're fine." He says, holding my hand. We stop for a moment, and I begin to freak out.

"Toby, we're stuck. This is it. We're gonna have to jump. Or die. I can't do this, I'm sorry." I ramble, and we move again. "Hey, we're just letting more people on. You're fine." He reassures me, and I hold onto him tightly.

Once everyone is on, the romantic music begins to play, and we slowly begin to turn. I take a deep, relaxed breath, and just admire the view.

"You know, the view is gorgeous." I tell him, looking over the lit up town of Rosewood. "You know, you're gorgeous." He smiles, and I blush.

Our eyes lock, and his hands move towards my face. He cups my face with his hands as I begin to lean forward.

Then, we kiss.

The kiss was absolutely perfect, there is no other way to describe it. I pull back for air, to realize we're stopped at the top. "Wow," I mumble, in awe of everything that's happened today.

"Yeah," he agrees, with a smile. The rest of the Ferris wheel ride was silent, and consisted of the two of us looking at each other with goofy smiles.

After the ride was over, we got off, hand in hand and bumped into my friends. "Hey you two." Aria smiles, running towards me and hugging me.

"You're holding hands." She squeals excitedly and I glare at her. I look down, blushing, and Toby just strokes my hand with his thumb gently.

"So, how's the carnival?" Hanna asks, with a grin. "It's great." I say smiling, and looking up at Toby. "We, uh, actually have somewhere to be." I tell them and they nod. "See you around." Em says, and they all head towards the Ferris wheel.

"Where do we need to be?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. "You'll see. Follow me." I tell him, leading him outside of the carnival to his truck. I pull him inside of it, and connect our lips again.

"I see what you mean." He grins, pulling me closer as we continue to kiss in his truck.

•••

I had such a great and cute idea when I started this. Then it turned out horrible and cringey :(

Sorry for updating at weird hours, it's past 11 PM here.

I appreciate all the reads, votes & comments!! ❤️❤️

Comment your thoughts??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

759 17 3
Mostly Smut, a bit of fluffy. I do take a recommendation, please feel free to message me what you'd like to read. Please don't forget to leave you...
13.3K 173 30
The one-shots are really short so expect to be disappointed by them this will probably only have swear words and just suggest more mature things sinc...
604K 16K 69
Comment ideas and prompts for one shots
8.1K 79 25
Dnf oneshots. Mostly based on personal experiences, so they're all mostly fluff. Feel free to make requestes, and tell me your ideas. I upload everyt...