Spoby one shots

By petersprker

a series of Spoby one shots! *the older ones I find are more cringe-y than the newer/recently updated ones... More

Will you marry me?
Snow Storm
Chemistry
The Only One
Saying Goodbye
New Years
Anxious
Home Again
Hiking
Beach Date
Camping
Movies
Sick Day
Mother's Day
Surprise
Lazy Day
Father's Day
Found
Wedding Bells
Thunderstorms
Prom
Travelling
Caleb's Party
Happy Birthday!
Bullied
Chasing Cars
Meeting Her Parents
Summer Finale Twist! (7x10)
Jealousy
3x17 Strip Study Session
6x20 AU
I Still Love You
Treegan AU
Treegan AU 2
Trick-or-Treat
Halloween Party
Dream House
Movie Night
PTSD
Flashbacks
Positive
Meant to Be
I Choose You
Gender Reveal
Coming Home For Christmas
Christmas Gone Wrong
Christmas in Hawaii
Baby it's Cold Outside
Get Well Soon
Christmas with the Cavanaugh's
Christmas Party
Candle Lit Dinner
You Can Do It
Better Parent
Early Return
Trivia Night
Gone
You Got Her
Stood Up
Realization
Teacher
Finally Understanding
In Love With a Cop
Valentine's Day
Carnival
Tutoring
Pool Party
Help
Help Part 2
Finally Better
Family Dinner
Practise
Done
Sleepless in Rosewood
Bouquet
Sleepover
9 Months Later
7 Minutes in Heaven
7x11 in depth (Spoby)
Eighteen
The Date
The End
Plans
His Affair
The Proposal
Homework
Crash
Caught
Cabin
Second Thoughts
Fight
Haunted
Sleepless
Moving
Blind Date
Room Mates
Cheated
Skinny Dipping
New Man
Single Mother
Summer Romance
Comfort
Spoby 7x18
Divorce
Move in
First Kiss
Nearly Caught
Elevator
Plane
Office
Promise Ring
7x20 Spoby
Father
Alone
Summer Job
School Trip
Summer Camp
Work
Bonus
Stay Home
Restless
Alone at prom
Aggressive
Café
Family Reunion
Blessing
Stay a while
Together forever
Kids
Accident
Spoby 6x07
13th birthday
Dare
Picnic
Tree House
Toby's Parents
French Tutor
Holiday Party
Thank you
Sneaking Around
What if
2:00 am: i miss you
Fuck, Marry, Kill
Gala
One Time
Break Up Sex
may i have this dance?
post-wedding
truth or dare
please read!!!!
SPOBY ELOPED

Gone Part 2

544 18 7
By petersprker

*this was requested!!

Spencer's POV:

It's happening all over again. I'm sat in the baby's room panicking. I'm having severe abdominal pain, and it's a month before my due date. Toby rummages through the room and find the hospital bag.

He escorts me to his truck and we speed off to the emergency room. We park rather quickly, and Toby grabs the bag, helping me as we run in. I clutch to my stomach and begin to scream in pain.

"Someone get her a wheelchair!" The receptionist exclaims as soon as she sees me. A nurse immediately enters and they sit me down, and wheel me off into a room.

They leave for a moment so Toby can help me out of my pyjamas and into the hospital gown. I scream in pain the entire time he tries to help, and I now sit clutching my stomach.

I begin to cry when a few nurses rush in, asking me to lay down so they can insert IVs into my hands and arms. They poke a bunch of needles in to calm the pain and say someone will see me shortly.

"I can't do this again, Tobes." I say beginning to cry and he holds my hands tightly. "It'll be okay, he's fine. James is fine." He reassures me and I nod.

A doctor comes in with a chart and smiles politely. "We need to get an X-Ray done before we can do further examining. We'll take a look and see what to do from there. Do you have a gynaecologist?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No worries, we'll give you the best one we've got." He says with a wink and I give a smile through the pain. "You stay here and wait for me, okay?" I ask him holding onto my stomach more and he nods.

The nurses come in and ask me to lay down so they can take the machines with me to reduce pain, and they wheel me off.

I'm wheeled into an elevator, and after a few minutes into a huge machine that scans me. "Lay still." I hear the nurse say over the intercom and I nod.

After the scan is finished I'm rushed back into my room and left with Toby. Toby sits in the chair, leaning over with his hands in his hair.

A doctor returns after about 10 minutes. "We have some bad news." The doctor says and I sit up, beginning to cry and Toby takes my hand.

"We need you to have your baby, now." He tells me. "But he isn't ready to come out, it's too early. Will he survive?" I ask crying.

"We hope so." He says and motions for a few nurses to join us. "We'll take you to surgery now for an emergency C-section." He says and I nod laying back, breathing heavy.

"You'll be okay, I'll be by your side the entire time." Toby says pushing hair off my sweaty forehead. "Actually, sir, you aren't permitted in the OR." My nurse says and I shoot her a look.

"I'm not doing this without him." I say beginning to cry again. "I'm sorry but he isn't permitted in the operating room where you'll be open on the table." She says as they continue to prep me.

"But I'll be awake, only under minor anesthetics so I won't be fully asleep, and I'll be aware." I tell her. "I'm sorry, that's it." She shrugs beginning to walk out with my charts.

"Get back in here!" I shout and Toby lays a hand in my shoulder, rubbing it gently. "You better make sure he's in there with me or I'll get a new nurse to take care of me." I shout while she stands there speechless.

Numerous doctors then rush in to see what the commotion is, and the doctor in front of everyone is none other than my sister's husband, Wren.

"Spencer? Toby?" He asks flabbergasted. "Oh thank god, somebody who actually knows what they're doing is here!" I exclaim shooting the nurse a look.

"What's the problem?" He asks taking the charts from the nurse and walking over to the bed. "Early labour." He says sighing.

"I can't help you there." He says apologetically. "I know that, that isn't your specialty. But they won't allow Toby to come with me." I say, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'll work it out, I'll make sure he's in there no mater what." He smiles walking off. One of the other nurses that I didn't shout at hands Toby some scrubs and asks him to change into them and meet us in the OR.

The nurses wheel me off and put me under minor anesthetics, to take away most of the pain. Toby runs in and joins me, holding my hand. "It's okay, Spencer. He's coming." Toby smiles and I do too.

"I forgot to mention the, uh, risks." The nurse says and we both nod.

"Worst case scenario, the baby or you don't make it." He says and Toby cuts him off. "She may not make it?" He asks squeezing my hand.

"It's surgery, there are always risks." The nurse says and I look up at Toby. "I'll be fine." I say with a tight smile, and then numerous surgeons join us in the OR.

"Okay, you'll feel some pain." The nurse says backing off to make some room for the others. "Scalpel." The surgeon says, and an intern passes her it.

"You're in safe hands, we have the best paediatricians in the state." She smiles motioning to a young man and woman in pink scrubs.

They make a small cut and I close my eye, squeezing Toby's hand to make the pain stop. I hear crying, and I begin to cry. I look up to Toby with a smile who is also crying.

"Here he is." One surgeon smiles passing us the baby for a moment to look at him. After a brief second he's out of our hands and one of the paediatricians has him in an incubator.

"Okay, she's closed." The intern says. "His pressure is dropping out." One of the doctors say. "Oh no, no, come on, stay with us!" The other exclaims rushing over to the baby's side because the machine hooked up to him is emitting a lot of beeping.

"There isn't a fetal heart beat." One says and at that moment I think I feel my heart stop. "Okay, you two will be moved to a room now, and we'll take care of him." They smile. Before I could protest, they put the sides up on the bed and wheel me off.

It's been 4 hours.

4 hours since my emergency C-section, 4 hours since we first heard him cry, since we seen him, since we held him.

I was speechless for 4 hours.

I let out a long sigh, when the two paediatricians from the OR walk in. "I'm Dr. Robbins, this is Dr. Karev. We'll be taking care of James for a while." She says and I nod.

"So... he's okay?" I ask, my voice shaky. "Yeah, barely though." Dr. Karev says. "If he makes it through the night, which is highly unlikely, we think he ca survive, even being premature." Dr. Robbins explains.

"So we just wait? That's all we can do Dr. Robbins?" I ask beginning to cry. "Please, Arizona. And I'm so sorry but yes. We'll update you whenever we can. You should go to sleep, it's late." Dr. Robbins says.

I nod, "thank you Arizona and?" I ask. "Alex." He smiles. "Alex. Thank you guys, I'm so lucky to have you two take care of James." I smile and they do too, walking off.

"Let's sleep." Toby says and I nod. He pulls the blankets up over me, and then curls up into the hospital chair.

~

"Spencer and Toby?" A doctor says turning the lights on and I open my eyes stretching. "What time is it?" I ask the doctor. "9:00 am." Arizona says.

"It's morning already." I say and reach over, laying a hand on Toby's knee and he wakes up. "James is fine." She smiles.

"Really?" I ask smiling wide. "Yeah, he's underweight, he's 3 lb, but he'll be okay in no time!" She exclaims and Toby kisses me. "We're gonna be parents, for real." He says laughing and hugging me. "Yeah, for real." I repeat smiling.

"When can we see him?" I ask. "Anytime now, you're permitted to leave your bed but you'll be hospitalized until James leaves." She smiles walking out.

"Oh, he's just down the hall in the NICU." She smiles. Just as I begin to stand up, Alex rushes in. "Did you hear the good news?" He asks opening his arms widely and I nod laughing.

"Oh, thank you." I say hugging him. "It's my job. You know, someone here once said, 'it's a beautiful day to save lives', and since he passed, I've really kept that with me." He says and I smile.

"Sorry to keep you, go see him!" He exclaims and I take Toby's hand. "Let's go!" I smile walking down the hall with Toby's hand in mine.

We walk into the NICU, and find an incubator with the name James Cavanaugh on the side. "This is him." I smile sitting in the chair next to him, and putting my hand inside the little hole.

"Hey baby, welcome." I say laughing and beginning to cry. I lay my head on Toby's shoulder and he kisses my head.

"Hey, little man. We're gonna be your parents." Toby smiles.

•••

I made it happy, seeing the other was sad.

Yes, I obviously linked it to Grey's Anatomy (Derek said that line 'it's a beautiful day to save lives)

Also Arizona & Alex are my 2 fav paediatricians ;)

Comment thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 1.3K 50
This is a collection of stories and headcanons which I occasionally write and post on my Tumblr. All of these are going to be one-shots but maybe som...
14.3K 403 12
Here you will find a collection of one shots/short stories of the ship Drarry! Requests are open, but I am a very lazy writer who will only write whe...
10.5K 146 12
Just a bunch of Drarry Oneshots! Don't be afraid to comment or DM a request! Hope you enjoy reading :) DracoMalfoy x HarryPotter
8K 79 25
Dnf oneshots. Mostly based on personal experiences, so they're all mostly fluff. Feel free to make requestes, and tell me your ideas. I upload everyt...