ELENA'S SURRENDER

Elena's POV

Well, this is it

Well, this is it. For the whole morning I was thinking about it if I should start writing a new diary, but... I finally did it. I have no idea why, but I feel... Relieved when I wrote about it.

Yes, I didn't find the strength to tell them the truth yesterday. I had to lied to them, because... I didn't want to see the disappointment in their eyes. That's why I ran away from the truth. Besides, the policemen will be investigating this house anyway, so... I know they will find the body and then, I will pretend my shock again. I know it's wrong, but... I'm not ready yet. Maybe someday, I will tell them the truth...

I took a deep breath and I put my diary in a drawer in the desk in my home office. I closed the drawer and looked at my iPad on the other table. Yes, on this iPad are all my notes about my assumptions about Liam's plan. I know what I have to do, I have to... Delete it all. I can't let anyone find it, especially Jake. It would... Destroy me even more.

I sighed, got up and approached the other table. I took my iPad, unlocked it and was about to delete the folder, but I heard knocking to my office. I jumped in terror, immediately turned off my iPad and put it down again.

Elena: Come in - I sighed.

Jake: Good morning, Elena - He entered my office and smiled - You got up very early today. It's only 8 in the morning - He approached me and kissed my cheek.

Elena: Yes, I was just... - I started scratching my head and looked around - I wanted to see how it would be for me to work in this office - I hardly smiled at him.

Jake: And? How do you like it? - He looked around.

Elena: It's pretty nice - I hardly smiled.

Jake: Can we talk? - He sighed and looked into my eyes.

Elena: Sure. What's up?

Jake: Elena... - He grabbed my hands - I'm worried about you. Since yesterday you're... Different.

Elena: What do you mean? - I narrowed my eyes at him.

Jake: Ever since you left that house, you've been very quiet. After talking to policeman you just walked away and didn't want to talk to anyone, not even to me. Luka contacted me a few minutes ago and told me that you don't pick up his calls. Especially Emery is so... Worried about you and... I don't know why, but... - He looked away and sighed - Look, I can feel that something is wrong here. You're not yourself, Elena - He touched my face - What the fuck happened in that house?

Elena: Well... - I started scratching my forehead - Yesterday, I was just exhausted, Jake. I was sick of this whole Maria's case. We have been in this shit for the last two months, weren't you sick of it?

Jake: Of course I was, but still... I can feel that you've changed. These 10 minutes in this fucking room changed you, Elena. Please... - He grabbed my shoulders - If something happened in this room that you're afraid to tell me, I want to assure you that you have nothing to be afraid of, okay? I will never leave you alone no matter what, Elena. If something scared or shocked you, tell me. I'm your partner and I want to help you. I don't want to leave alone you with your problems.