🇺🇸 USA#5 (WASHINGTON'S MORNING)

Elena's POV

I opened my eyes and noticed that Jake was sitting on the couch in front of the bed. I think he was working on something, because he had his laptop on his lap. When I started moving he immediately looked at me and smiled.

Jake: Good morning, sleepyhead - He put down the laptop, got closer to me, kissed my forehead and sat on the bed - How do you feel?

Elena: Good morning - I smiled at him too - I'm fine, thank you. How about you?

Jake: Much better than at night - He laughed.

Elena: Why are you awaken? What time is it? - I narrowed my eyes at him.

Jake: It's 9 am. I woke up at 7.

Elena: Jake, for God's sake... - I started rubbing my face.

Jake: I am fine, don't worry - He started playing with my hair - I have already come back from the pharmacy. I bought you everything you needed. Moreover, I contacted Walter. I told him that you will call him as soon as you wake up.

Elena: Why? - I narrowed my eyes at him.

Jake: He has to prepare an entire meal plan for you. I could tell him what you like to eat, but I won't do it.

Elena: Why? - I was still looking at him confused.

Jake: Because... - He smiled and got closer to me - I will not decide for you what and when to eat - He gave me a quick kiss.

Elena: It's not a big deal, really - I laughed - You could...

Jake: Nope. Forget about it - He was still smiling - How about your leg?

Elena: I think it's better now. You seem to have relieved my pain when we were taking our looong and pleasant shower - I winked at him.

Jake: You are just impossible... - He laughed with his powerlessness.

Elena: Am I embarrassing you, Mr. Danford? - I laughed at him.

Jake: Me? Never! - He laughed and kissed me again - I love you.

Elena: I love you too - I smiled at him.

I got up. Jake wanted to help me, but I was fine. I think that the injections have already relieved my inflammation. I was about to enter the bathroom, but in the last second I looked at Jake and smirked at him.

Jake: Don't even think about it, McClain - He laughed - You will finish me off! Get out, now! - He was still laughing and threw a pillow at me.

I burst out laughing and entered the bathroom. I did my daily routine and left the bathroom after 30 minutes. Jake was sitting on the couch again and continued his work.

Jake: You look beautiful today - He looked at me and smiled.

I laughed and started nodding. Then, I sat down next to him.

Elena: If you're busy, I can do it alone. Just tell me where the bandage and ointment are.

Jake: No, I am fine - He got up and opened his bag - Thanks to your changes to the system in DIC, everything is going much faster now. I have no idea why I didn't figure it out myself - He pulled out the bandage and ointment - You were right, I was wasting a lot of time meaninglessly. I thought I would have to work all day today, but I did everything in an hour.

Elena: Sometimes I have sensible ideas - I laughed - I am glad to hear that. It means you'll have more time for me.

Jake: Yes - He was kneeling in front of me and rubbing ointment on my leg - You are incredibly talented, Elena.