🇺🇸USA #4 (WASHINGTON#1)

Elena's POV

I opened my eyes and I saw Jake was still sleeping. He was sleeping so calmly. Gosh, he really needed that. I took my phone carefully and quiet. It was 8 am. Well... I feel quite well and I didn't need to sleep any longer. I got up as quiet as possible and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and put on some makeup. I didn't want to wake up Jake, so I didn't wash my hair. That's why I tied my hair in a messy bun again.

I left the bathroom and saw that Jake was still sleeping. I was so relieved. I took a piece of paper and wrote him a message. When I finished I left it on the table.

I took my things, looked at him one more time, smiled and left the room

I took my things, looked at him one more time, smiled and left the room. I have to admit that this hotel was quite beautiful, really. The hall is so modern and I can see there is a lot of rooms. Our room was on the 8th floor so it took me a while to reach the ground floor. I saw the reception desk and I approached it.

Elena: Hello - I smiled to the receptionist.

I saw a beautiful, young woman. I think he is younger than me. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. When she saw me, she gasped.

Receptionist: O, my goodness. Miss McClain? Good morning - She was still shocked.

Elena: Please, call me Elena - I held out my hand to her.

Selena: Selena - She shook my hand - It's pleasure to meet you. What are you doing here?

Elena: Well... I combine work with pleasure - I laughed - Could I ask you for help?

Selena: Of course - She smiled at me - How can I help you?

Elena: Do you know this woman? - I showed her photo of Maria.

She took a closer look and looked at me again. He hesitated for a moment, but then she looked at the phone again

Selena: Could you tell me her name?

Elena: Maria King. She was here two years ago with her husband.

Selena: Yes... - She started thinking - I think it was her. I am not sure of course, but I think I know her.

Elena: Could you tell me something about her?

Selena: Yes, of course. Like you said, she was here long time ago with some man...

Elena: This one? - I showed her a photo of Joe.

Selena: Yes, this one. So, they arrived and took a room. I met her several times in the corridor. She was really nice, really. But when she was next to her husband she wasn't talk with me. I don't know why, but I didn't care anyway. My job is serving guests, not talking to them - She laughed - She came here once in the morning and introduced herself to me. She also doesn't like anyone calling her "Mrs.", so she told me her name was Maria. I don't remember faces very much, but I have a good memory of names, that's why I asked you about her name. We were talking for a while. She even told me that I have beautiful name and she knows someone who has similar name.